Information Technology Partners

Information Technology Partners Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company to work for!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA great company with family values. As someone who is a newer team member of the ITP family I can honestly say that I feel very lucky to be a part of the team. I have made some great connections with Co- Workers and everyone on staff has been very helpful and kind hearted. The CEO is a amazing person with a huge heart! What some call Micro Managing I call Mentoring. To work for ITP you have to have a great work ethic. This company is growing and challenging itself and its employees need to share that same mindset. Being the best and separating yourself fro the rest doesn't come easy. As a college athlete I understand this mindset and am looking forward to being a part of the exciting future that is in front of ITP. Great Benefits as well!!

ConsBe ready for a high paced work environment, with new issues to tackle daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you!

Delusions of Grandeur

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEmployees just need to take as much from the company as possible in terms of knowledge and experience. The peak seems to be around 2 years. Any longer and you become entrenched in the failures of management.

ConsExecutive management in the company is toxic. The expectation from management is that you are to work endless overtime. As a consulting company they work you to the bone. They say they are in the interest of their clients but to an objective observer that is simply not the case. They are about simply selling whatever of their products they can. Nothing more.

Employees are left to answer for bad decisions they have hired this company's advice for. (I should put big quotes around 'advice'.) So because of this, employees turn against each other as management is no where to be found and unresponsive. I have been in meetings where there was literal screaming in front of the client, it was extremely embarrassing.

Lastly, management is probably responsible for the 100% positive reviews, just take a look at the date they were submitted- all on the same day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees know management does not care about them. Employees know what the game is. Us -vs- you.

History is a great indication of the future. They did not listen in the past, why would they listen now?

I would think twice before working here.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsProvides innovated and cost saving solutions for their clients.

ConsThe CEO is a micromanager. Has gotten through multiple directors and still struggles to build a strong leadership team. It causes the company to have limited growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing and trust your leadership.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Experience

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Battle Creek, MI

Pros-Benefits (Medical, Dental Vision)
    -If you are willing to sacrifice your personal life and respect, you MIGHT be able to learn

Cons-No organization
    -No life/work balance you will be expected to put in 75 hour weeks with no compensation
    -You will be expected to work on holidays with no compensation
    -Management does not know up from down
    -Individuals in positions of leadership do nothing to help mentor or advance Helpdek staff
    -No communication of changes until there is a customer facing issue
    -Time-off requests will be approved and then pulled at the last minute because of poor management skills
    -No bonuses or raises
    -Will be expected to travel out of state at the drop of a hat
    -Lead architect is always changing his mind, meaning you will redo your work multiple times and without and guideline or documentation
    -Select few engineer are willing to help, and the engineers with the most knowledge are always "busy", leading to a lack of knowledge shared with the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe turn over rate at the company is in direct relation with your poor management skills. You will never be able to retain skilled individuals because they will not put up with a chaotic and unstructured work environment. Hire competent managers and allow them to do the work instead of allowing the senior most "technicians" to drive everyone crazy.

ITP is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsITP has cutting-edge technology and great products. The corporate office in Chicago has very friendly employees who make you feel like part of the team. Great culture; admirable values.

ConsThe company is growing so you better be able to grow with it.

Engineer not allergic to working

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsMost of us are not at the same location or work from home, it takes a person with discipline and goals to be able to do it every day. I have the ability to travel to different partner locations and work on different projects which I enjoy. Management has been firing the under the radar people who contribute little but still expect a paycheck. I love working for this company, every time one of them moves on I refer a friend to the opening to try and get better talent. Because the company is growing so fast there is room for quick advancement. The benefits are great as well.

ConsThere seams to be too large of a gap between the people who contribute and the people who don’t contribute. The non-contributors are small but some people have a special skillset that is hard to replace and it allows bad apples to be in the bunch.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on keeping on

An entry into the IT field, not a career company

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsWilling to hire employees without a lot of experience, if they are willing to work hard and learn.

ConsCompany routinely offers extremely low salaries, if the offer is rejected they will typically counter offer something a bit more reasonable. They do this to catch people in need and don't want to risk losing the job offer.

Some weeks/weekends can become very long, 80+ hours a week is not uncommon for at least a few weeks per year, other weeks 60+ hours, no compensation for long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees more like people and less like tools to run up large invoices. Wealths of knowlege are left as your employees are constantly looking for better opportunities. Your clients soon realize that all of the good talent that gave them the service that keeps you in business are soon out the door, and the remaining staff does not often have the skillset to perform the job.

It feels great to work for a company on the cutting-edge of Technology and a leader in the industry

(Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros1) You get out what you put in- hard-working, dedicated, loyal employees are respected and rewarded
    2) staff are treated as professionals and are not micro-managed
    3) colleagues as well as management all have open-doors and are willing to help when needed; strong team environment
    4) no office politics!!! (finally, an environment without them)
    5) Flexibility when needed for personal time- medical/family, etc.

ConsLike any other growing company, working to increase competitive advantages comes not without "growing pains", and so yes, this does come with the need for all of us to stay on our toes and keep ahead of the game, which I guess if you are new to the corporate world-means working hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to be the best, and to make decisions for the betterment of the company. Continue to make changes and trust your staff to execute the plans of leadership.

Have great opportunities to develop a broad range of skills within a variety of technologies for a diverse client base.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork with very talented colleagues. Opportunity to grow professionally. Build close knit teams from being a small Organization. Attractive compensation

ConsMost usually a fast paced enviorment. Not necessarily a good fit for those looking for a slower approach to their workdays / weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring a time when so many corporations are in distress, it feels very good to see our growth and success. Thank you.

Work days that exceed 24 hours and work weeks that can exceed 90 hours with no overtime or additional compensation.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Battle Creek, MI

Pros- Other engineers are very bright
    - Opportunity to work in several different markets (due to being a consulting firm)

Cons- Average work week is 60+ hours
    - Work life balance does not exist
    - Staff are expected to put work in front of family life
    - Vacation time is approved initially and then often denied immediately proceeding your vacation, due to a "lack of available resources"
    - Management changes their mind constantly on architecture design resulting in redoing work frequently (which leads to the long work weeks)
    - Bonuses are discretionary, however I never met anyone who received a bonus
    - There is no employee handbook or written set of policies, guidelines, etc. Everything is decided on a per issue basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some very good HR people. Remember that the IT staff that work for you are billable, and if you are getting paid for each hour they work, they should be too.

Worked for Information Technology Partners? Contribute to the Community!