Infosys Reviews

Reset
2.8
Infosys CEO and Managing Director Dr. Vishal Sikka
Dr. Vishal Sikka

Pros
  • Good Work Culture across the organization (in 810 reviews)

• Good work environment at work place (in 598 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is really tough (in 395 reviews)

• No work life balance in the company (in 116 reviews)

1. Infosys-Lead

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Infosys (More than a year)

Pros

training for freshers is good, campus in multiple places, good environment to work, a good company to start with , systematic,

Cons

No Work Life Balance; not employee friendly, unnecessary processes, bad performance mgmnt system,

2. First review

Current Employee - Business Development in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global Company with opportunity to grow

Cons

Adaptation to the rapid change in policy

Would not recommend

Former Employee - Human Resources in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Plano, TX

Pros

The individual team members. New US CEO

Cons

The whole company and ALL processes are dictated by India. It takes weeks to get expenses paid; no 401K match, no medical flex spending, high benefit cost & company does not cover Life, ADD or disability. The culture is India-centric. It is impossible advance. Employees are commodities and very little is done for retention. Managers have no actual experience in the functions they are managing. Lots of turnover al ALL levels.

Advice to Management

65% of your profits come from US business. Let the US conduct business the way business is conducted here, not the way it is in India. Get rid of the normalized review/promotion system. Treat employees like they matter, not that they can easily be replaced. Hire US management & stop rotating managers from India.

A very bad experience

Current Employee - Java Technology Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Java Technology Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a former employee in Infosys and I had a very supportive manager and group manager in bangalore.

Cons

Low pay. No benefits. Few Technical leads expect people to work under planned as well as unplanned activities. The client is billed for 8 hrs of planned activities and the employees are assigned with another 8 hrs of unplanned task. If raised, the few Technical leads just imagine they are gods and make the co-workers workship them. A very uncultured unprofessional senior management.

Advice to Management

Please have an option to raise concern about their immediate leads , like having skip meeting or a feedback form .

Technical Lead

Current Employee - EDI Architect/Developer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - EDI Architect/Developer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They rarely fire anyone. There health insurance is good.

Cons

Horrible perfomance review process. Revised salaries downward by 30% in one year. Women are treated as 2nd class citizens.

Advice to Management

Value your 20 experienced employees, don't apply same rules as you do to new graduates.

7. Infosys is a decent Employer which takes cares of its Employees in respectable fashion

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Client Experience. we get to work on almost all of the modules. Infosys has client whose work area span across different process chains. If your work is over, infosys will take care of finding a new project for you and the transfer process is decent

Cons

Salary increments are not there. Project Parties are also absent. And the Middle level management does not pay heed to our recommendations. Infosys' Biggest problem is its middle level management most of which is dormant most of the time

Advice to Management

Please consider Salary appreciation on yearly basis at onsite as well

8. Good company with strong internal processes

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a good company to work with a professional environment/ Lot of personal touch as people in teams become real teams as lot of them will know each other personally too.

Cons

Especially in last 2 years there are no new projects added leading to less opportunities.

Advice to Management

Empower middle level managers and involve them to bring in new projects. Hold on and do not panic.

Turn Back - Indians that don't know US Policies and Law | Will make promises they can't keep

Current Employee - Senior Process Executivie in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Process Executivie in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for a year and a half, and the only thing I can think of as a pro is that they overpaid me for what I was doing. I was brought in as one position, but it changed a few months in and the salary stayed the same

Cons

Poor management and Human Resources. This is an Indian run company that does not know US Policies and Employment Law even though they have several HR offices in the US - (Plano TX, Atlanta GA, and Milwaukee WI). Infosys promised to find me a new position if I was removed from a project, and said it was a guaranteed long term thing with the company if I decided to take the job. I took the job, leaving my previous perm position (which was a better job as it turns out). The client decided a year and a half later that they wanted to cut the budget, so I was nixed. I was promised again that Infosys would find me another position within the company. That never happened, and it took nearly a month to get any answers from HR in regards to what was happening. A month after being let go, I am still waiting on my severance package.

Advice to Management

Don't speak unless you know you are 100% accurate. Teach your Indians US employment law before allowing them to manage in the US. Treat all employees the same. Meaning, if I am late 1 time - make sure all employees are on time. Stop giving preferences to those with no experience. It hurts the company more than you think. Just because they are virgins and can be "taught", doesn't mean they all have the intelligence to make it happen. Also, Saif Mohammed (Plano, TX) - stop giving preferences to those in higher education classes. Their work schedule was chosen before they signed up for those classes. Allowing them to show up an hour late every day, do their homework during lunch, and then leave an hour early every day is 100% unacceptable. Grow a pair of balls, and step up as a manager and tell her that she should be conforming to the same rules and regulations as all other employees.

10. OK Place to work

Current Employee - Senior Technology Architect in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Architect in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK Place to work if you are capable of handling Indian culture. Good pay if you are capable of negotiating

Cons

Even they serve the American companies/market mostly, people in management in US also behaves the same way they did in India.

Advice to Management

Seriously look into the working model atleast in US, especially the policies around the travel needs serious revisit.

11. Great place to work if you are single or just a couple

Current Employee - Performance Test Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Performance Test Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time

Pros

The amenities Infosys provides for its employees are extra-ordinary

Cons

Inefficiency in recognizing good resources and employees

Showing 47 of 11,863 reviews