Infozen Reviews

Updated January 12, 2015
14 reviews filtered by
2.8
Raj Ananthanpillai

1. A great company to work for.

I worked at Infozen

Pros

Salaries and benefits are good, and profit sharing is available.

Cons

The company is located in the DC area, and off sites are treated like the proverbial "red headed stepchild" in some ways.

2. The WORST job I have ever had!!!

I worked at Infozen (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not many in my opinion-- it's a job if you are desperate!

Cons

All the company cares about is making money-- period. There are no opportunities for advancement, no appreciation is shown, there is unequal pay and treatment -- and employees in general are just not valued. There is an extremely high turn over here at InfoZen and the company has not grown in years. Do yourself a favor and keep looking and don't go to work here. I had been here for more than five years-- that was a huge mistake. There are so many VP's and SVP's - most of whom are unqualified to even be a janitor.

Close up shop- please sell already!!

3. Great Company and Great Benefits

Current Employee - Contractor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Contractor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Infozen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like working at InfoZen. The pay is good, and so are the benefits. My work is challenging , and I get to work with some amazing people.

Cons

more flexible with telecommuting and improve communication with staff.

Experience has been ok but is going downhill

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Infozen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are opportunity to move up or make lateral movements. Great working relationship with co-workers.

Cons

They try to make changes to benefits with out consulting HR. Poor management decisions. Will not stand up for their employees. Low compensation. There is no work/life balance. They always take take take.

N/A

Small company wth big aspirations

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Infozen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First tier management supported all contract expertise.

Cons

Second tier management requires skill and ethics.

Internal review on contract management should be monitored more closely.

Mercurial Management and Leadership

Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Infozen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive Customer Relationships in general, nice office space conveniently located in Bethesda

Cons

Up and down leadership - inconsistent and unpredictable at times - does not make for a stable workforce and working environment

Don't make such dramatic changes without letting folks know that things are happening - often we find out things at the last minute. The bottom line is that working in this manner has a very negative impact on employee loyalty.

InfoZen has no idea what they are doing

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I worked at Infozen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are entry level you can learn a few things here.

Cons

InfoZen sees employees as an expense instead of an asset. They cut employee benefits wherever possible and will not pay a person what they are worth if they can avoid it.

They are very top heavy, having more management than technical talent. The technical talent is expected to be an expert in everything and is expected to handle far more work than is reasonable with little to do direction on priorities or task management.

The average day is spent figuring out what work needs to be prioritized and sifting through email in between a multitude of meetings. For all of the management that they have you would think the management could handle meetings with the customer and let the technical talent get stuff done, but that is not the case, driving productivity down.

Healthcare coverage is the bare-minimum and it's expensive.

InfoZen has no idea what they are doing, especially in the cloud, and they are bumbling around and blame it on the people at the bottom when things go wrong, instead of identifying the problems with management, because of this the turnover rate is ridiculous.

Start treating your employees, especially technical talent, as an asset that needs to be nurtured instead of as a reluctant expense.

Reduce the meetings your technical teams are stuck in to a bare minimum and give them greater direction on what needs to get done.

Over all good experience

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Infozen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sr Management is good and try to work with you with most things

Cons

it is the gov contract world, so alot of times if the contract job ends so does your job.

Coming from a military lifestyle to the public sector, do more for moral and there will not be so much turnover.

Static operating environment

I worked at Infozen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

decent health benefits but no opportunity for expansion of duties or raises

Cons

lack of management from corporate

Get over yourselves, realize that colorado springs was your bread and butter - treat us with some dignity

Infozen, contractor for US Customs

Former Employee - Data Input Specialist II in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Data Input Specialist II in Memphis, TN

I worked at Infozen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro for working at Infozen, is that it is contracted to US Customs. I worked at US Customs for 4 different contractors a total of 23 years, and I loved working for them, just not this contractor.

Cons

Infozen is a contractor for US Customs. It was the 4th contractor I worked for in 23 years in the US Customs office. I was only employed by Infozen 2 years of those 23 years.
    I had to contact them several times to correct my timesheet. When my sister-in-law died, I had to send them the page out of the employee handbook about bereavement pay. I worked Sundays and everytime there was 5 Sundays in a month, my paychecked was shorted. I found a folder with proof that someone was emailing the general manager everytime a mistake was made at work, saying that I made it. When I contacted Human Resources about someone that was bullying me, I was fired.

Although I was fired for "threatening a supervisor", if you had bothered to check you would have found out that she was not a supervisor, but the lead, and I didn't threaten her. She told me in front of a whole room full of Customs officers that she was going to "Knock me out of my chair" and I said nothing because I needed my job.
    You would also have found out that 10 people had quit this job in one year because of bullying and when I reported it to the Customs supervisor, after contacting the manager of Infozen, her manager, and Human Resources I was told to never complain to them again. It will greatly surprise me if Customs renews their contract, considering the way Infozen manages theirs..