Infragistics

Great Company , Great People, Great enviiornment

Former Employee - Director in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Infragistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Latest and greatest technologies.High caliber co workers

Cons

Very demanding environment , everyone is results driven...all the time.If you are looking for a 9-5 keep looking

Get back to the company roots and a "team" culture

Learn as much as you can and move on

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Infragistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for working with bleeding edge technology; casual work atmosphere (jeans and t-shirt, if you want); great new office space in a less congested area than the old building where we were. The engineers are smart and hard-working for the most part, although sometimes under-appreciated.

Benefits aren't as good as they used to be, but not as bad as other places. I guess that's a neutral.

Cons

There's one and only one person known for saying "awesome" all the time about Infragistics, and you'll find his review here. Contrary to what he says is the reason he has stayed here longer than anywhere else, here's the real reason - the CEO lets him overrule everybody and everything.

There was a period of two years that saw a huge exodus of very loyal and talented engineers, other staff and first-level managers.

Aside from that, Telerik is a banned word at IG, but frankly they'd be better off learning a thing or two from Telerik instead of bashing it. There's enough room in the market for both players.

People are pigeon-holed in the same job for years and years. Allow them to rotate more freely. Think more carefully about the people you put in leadership, and create a real path for people to move up in their careers. Be open-minded to other ideas outside the echo chamber of the inner circle.

Lack of leadership vision means they stagnated

I have been working at Infragistics full-time

Pros

- Interesting subject matter (tools for other software developers)
    - Really nice building to work in
    - Worked with some really smart and dedicated people

Cons

Overall a lack of leadership from senior management and what felt like a lack of strong vision for how to grow the company beyond the one thing they knew how to do. Lack of strong engineering leadership meant a lot of corners cut and low quality control. Managerial fiefdoms.

It feels like Infragistics needs a stronger and more cohesive leadership team if they ever want to grow or even continue to survive.

Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Sales in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Infragistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility. Good people. Great products.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Upper management turnover due to unrealistic expectations,

Set more realistic expectations and reward your employees.

Great Place for Self-Motivated Go Getters

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Infragistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Infragistics has an awesome work culture, but as with any company, it's not for everybody. I've been here longer than anywhere else in my career (going on seven years now). Before Infragistics, I hopped around every couple years because I felt I was stagnating. Infragistics has kept me interested, offering new and rewarding challenges when things start to get dull, and I can honestly say I've never felt there was not enough to do.

Some specific positives:
    - awesome physical environment, particularly in the Cranbury HQ; top notch gym, good cafe, pool table, and retro-residential design
    - totally relaxed clothing policy
    - depending on your position, very flexible in hours
    - solid, good work is rewarded
    - we work on some of the most interesting, challenging problems in the software industry
    - we work on cutting edge technologies, staying ahead of the curve
    - opportunities and support for exposure to the industry outside of your work bubble
    - support for ongoing learning
    - some of the brightest, most talented folks in the industry work here
    - CEO is steering the company in the right direction
    - financially sound; stayed in business (and grown) for over 20 years and never relied on VC

Contrary to what another reviewer or two said, we do a lot of innovative work in our space. Not everything we do is innovative, but that is healthy, a positive. We are and have been the leader in our space basically since it came into being, and we don't rest on our laurels--we're aggressively focused on winning in the market through both innovation and bread-and-butter value to our customers. That's the Infragistics DNA.

If you are a self-motivated, go getter who wants to do awesome work, you will thrive here.

Cons

No place is perfect, and no place is for everybody. And as with all jobs, your particular boss can have a lot of impact on your experience of the company. Keeping that in mind...

- we have had some missteps in having (IMO) the wrong folks in some senior management positions; in our defense, it is very challenging to find seasoned folks at that level who can tackle the unique challenges we face in software, but on the plus side, more recently we seem to have been making some good hires at this level--the future is bright
    - we sometimes bite off too much/try to do too much at once, so we can be spread too thin

Let's focus more, not try to do too many things at once, and instead invest in growing as the great software design and engineering company we are and aspire to be.

A great internship

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Melville, NY

I worked at Infragistics as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Talented developers
    A great work environment
    First-class technology
    A clear development process
    Challenging problems
    A great environment to learn

Cons

Small office in Melville, Long Island

Keep doing what you're doing

Decent company, works with cutting edge technologies

Current Employee - Manager in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Infragistics full-time

Pros

Latest technology, nice building, smart people, good culture, casual dress code

Cons

Compensation is off compared to market

Value good performers and compensate them above market average, otherwise they will leave.

Candidate Beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Infragistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can get a lot of exposure to a lot of technologies and work with some smart, passionate people. Casual dress and the office is new.

Cons

You will burnout working here or come close if you are not careful. The company does not employ enough people for the work and it seems the good ones leave after a few years.. There seems to be no long-term planning done and budgeting is a joke.

Get your act together and figure out what is really important.

Dishonest Management - Beware

Current Employee - Research and Development Engineer in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Research and Development Engineer in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Infragistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Intelligent people.
    - Manageable workload.
    - Easy to fit in as most are developers.
    - Work in a new, mostly empty warehouse.

Cons

- Leadership is heartless/ruthless with a few leading down the wrong path.
    - Leadership professes to "care" but have no clue

- Empathize with the average employee and listen to someone other than the few top managers.
    - Try to truly innovate rather than copying exisitng concepts.

Clueless management

Former Employee - Interaction Designer in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Interaction Designer in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Infragistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good perks and decent salary. If you want to learn about basics of UI components it's a good company.

Cons

Too many to mention in a review but mainly dishonest upper management, managers are not well organized. The managers workload is not substantial enough but they still are clueless about timelines and direction for the products. They mainly like to cut, copy paste ideas from other products like microsoft and other competitors. Not a great place if you are looking to propose new ideas.

Hire some outside consultants to understand the problem with the company and employee frustrations.