Infusionsoft Reviews

44 reviews filtered by
4.4
Infusionsoft Co-Founder & CEO Clate Mask
Clate Mask

Pure passion and commitment. Emerging tech. Strong coffee.

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (more than a year)

Pros

First, a disclaimer: I work in Product Development, and we are a very different side of the house than Sales or other departments. Much more focus and support has been given to PD in recent years as we redefine ourselves from a sales and marketing company to a product company. This may mean that we get to work on much more exciting and varied projects and technologies, so you will forgive me if that colors my review a bit.

So lets discuss the fact that the founders and perhaps up to 50% of employees are LDS church-goers. So far, the only difference that I have felt due to this is a slight reduction in cursing. More importantly, this is a company that really does care about and for its people, deeply, in all shapes and persuasions. Smokers? Two of the most highly regarded people on my team. Drinkers? Well, we do have a tailgate party with beer in the office every month. LGBT? At least 4 of my friends, all in key positions. In fact, the only way you'd know anyone was LDS is because they don't drink coffee. And we have two state-of-the-art coffee/espresso machines.

Which calls out the real defining characteristic of Infusionsoft, and why they are so different. They recruit, hire, train, and fire according to the values. For us, the values are really around integrity, optimism, and performance. If you have these qualities in abundance, you will likely get in. But keep in mind that we actively seek people with cutting-edge skills and experience with emerging technologies. So you might have a harder time. Also, we only hire A-players, and by that I really mean leaders. If you don't know what true leadership is or how it could possibly apply to you in your role, then you will not make it far through the vetting process.

Once hired, every new employee goes through a week of on-ramping that is a full immersion in what we do, and why we do it. In reverse order. WHY we do it is because small businesses need help. At each monthly all employee meeting, a small business owner presents his or her story and what Infusionsoft did for them. And nearly every month, either the speaker and/or the crowd and/or the CEO is brought to tears while recounting the humiliation of failure, and then the joy of finally being able to take care of their families after our company helped them. These are the times that I am the most grateful to be working here.

Right now, every new hire is an early employee of this company, because we are just getting started. The vision is to make entrepreneurship and small business success accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. Is this delusional? Sure is, if you fail at it. If you succeed, they call it visionary. But that is another thing I love about this company. As long as you have the small business owner in mind, you are encouraged to take big, nasty risks. If the risk doesn't pay off, you fail fast and own that failure. Then you get up and repeat the process until you get it right. Just like a small business owner does every day.

Cons

The cons right now are around growth and recruiting. Our customer count is going up so fast that our people are getting stretched pretty thin. Trouble is, getting the right people in the door to help is tough because nobody in tech seems to know who we are. Also, leadership sometimes displays fragmented vision due to new problems that arise during these growth spurts, and the lack of resources to split between new initiatives and core products.

The upside is that the existing team is world-class and always getting better. And yes, there are the perks that come along with a young, cool company, like a second new building with Cartel Coffee and a juice bar. But really, the energy and passion of every person in those buildings is why I don't even need an alarm to get up for work. And it is also why I am ruined to work in any other company ever again. I don't have a problem with that.

Advice to Management

Great leadership, ideas and vision, but no strong presenters outside of Clate. Get the exec team out to some public speaking retreat, or at least actively study how to clearly articulate vision.

2. Software Engineer perspective

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time

Pros

There is definitely a market for sales and marketing software for small businesses. (see mailchimp and constant contact) Infusionsoft is in a growth stage, which means some stability. Though they're still working with investment money, they're very large(600+ employees [maybe 60ish people working on the software]), that size also shows a little more stability than other "start-ups".

The developers are mostly allowed to make decisions on technologies, and learning is encouraged. There's new code being written, and I don't feel like my career is stalling.

Teams also have control of development methodologies. And when scrum or kanban is used.. it's not forced, it really is "agile."

The corporate culture comes from the very top, and mid-management is also held to it.

Infusionsoft keeps up a cool work environment with plenty of perks ( game room, cereal, soda)

Cons

The "legacy" software was clearly "built-to-sell", and there's very little effort put into refactoring it.

The corporate culture training or "on-boarding" is an EXTREME form of koolAid, and isn't representative of the actual culture(don't be discouraged during it).

There are undertones of nepotism with the founding families (usually nothing serious, but it would be nice if it weren't even questionable). Also, there is a disproportionate number of LDS members as employees (which doesn't seem to be intentionally maintained, or affect how the business runs, but it would also be nice if this weren't even questionable)

There are more layers of executives than a company this size (or 10 times this size) would need, as this relates to the software chain, the role of say CTO, won't line up with what you see at other organizations, and may be confusing (however those responsibilities are being handled in a good way across other parts of the chain)

Lastly, the stock options are very small [as a percentage of salary], if it's not clear when given an offer, calculate it as an about 1.5% (vested over 4 years)

3. The Best Company atmosphere in Arizona.

Current Employee - Loyalty Manager (Account Manager) in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Loyalty Manager (Account Manager) in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft

Pros

They say that the average open position has over 65 applicants applying in the very short windows they list jobs and its not hard to see why. You will not find a better culture anywhere in Arizona period. Infusionsoft is leaps and bounds ahead of every company I have ever worked for her including big names like PayPal and Multiple Banks I've worked for. They actually DO what every company says they will do. From day 1 i knew it was a special place. If you have the opportunity to get on board, do it without hesitation.

Cons

It is hard work. In full disclosure, you will work VERY hard here. it is not a 9 to 5 job. But they give you the freedom to do what you need and support TONS of personal growth and Play time. Its a good balance but make no mistake, you will work and be pushed much harder here than most jobs.

5. Best place to work-hands down

Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

So incredibly grateful to work for a place that:
    -lives by its core values
    -am surrounded by a group of top performers who bring their A game every single day
    -has a Leadership Model and opportunity to move up
    -is family-friendly and will support you putting family first
    -Win4time over traditional PTO
    -has,an amazing CEO and leaders to guide us through our goals every step of the way
    -note: the concept mentioned in other reviews about having to be Miron is unfounded. I'm not Mormon and neither are most of the people I work with day to day so please keep that in mind. Yes, Clare and others are Mormon but not everyone and that's okay!

Cons

-still working on building up remote employees
    -very limited paet-time positions available

Advice to Management

Thank you for building me up as leader and empowering me to change the future!

6. Love it! So grateful for Infusionsoft!

Current Employee - Consultant in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Win 4 time: flexible time off as long as it's a win for you, your team, the customer and the company.
    -Leaders who understand that you work to live and are genuinely interested in making your life great inside and outside of work.
    -Opportunity for personal and professional development.
    -Amazing colleagues.
    -Fun employee incentives.
    -Free Infusionsoft application.
    -Cereal bar, small gym, game room, soda machine, vitamix and so much more!

Cons

- ummmm..... hmm. Tough to think of Cons.
    - I think the main con is each department is so focused on hitting their own numbers that they don't seem to work in unison too much, which can cause headaches for one-another. They are working towards solutions though.
    - Another con is it's all about numbers there, which is actually fine, but they don't always measure them fairly (for example: comparing everyone the same although their books of business are completely different based on their specialization).
    - Report numbers publicly, but don't have reporting down yet, so they aren't ever accurate. They're also working on this.

Advice to Management

Keep being inspiring! The top level of leadership is truly amazing. My advice would be to include those who are on the front-lines in the decision-making for stages, metrics, etc. It seems that everyone else who isn't on the front line is making those decisions, and they don't always make sense.

Great company to work for overall

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is growing very quickly, and because of this there are many opportunities for anyone who is willing to give 100 to both the customers and cause.

There is a daily focus on the core values which promotes and protects the award winning culture.

Fulfilling work, and the ability to innovate in your role. Infusionsoft is very open to change (which can sometimes be a downfall..) but this allows you to take ownership of your seat in the building and perform to high standards.

Sincere feeling that leaders across the company "care" about you and your role.

Cons

A serious majority of the Infusionsoft population is of Mormon faith, and many are related, married or church peers which causes a heightened sense of favoritism in the building. It sometimes feels that you are at a disadvantage for growth and recognition opportunities, even if you are more qualified, because of the relationships that their group shares. The community is very tight knit and it can take a difficult extra effort to be seen fairly if you are not coming to the company with the same personal background. This also makes it hard to "be yourself" at work for some.

Pay is not as competitive as most would like it to be, though there are many "perks" of the building and culture that help to make up for this. It would be great to be valued in dollars for the performance that Infusionites put forward. This would allow employees to reflect the hard work they put in, to their personal lifestyles outside of the building.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop world class leadership, and find ways to diversify your employee population.
    Take a second look at employee wages in relation to their responsibilities and expectations.

8. Best place to work if you are a culture fit (i.e. passionate about our purpose and share the same core values)

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very purpose and values-driven organization. We exist to help small businesses succeed. We love entrepreneurs and the value they create for their customers, their families, and their communities.

Cons

Moving and growing so fast that sometimes great people get left behind because they didn't grow fast enough to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Don't let our unique and amazing culture die.

9. DREAM CAREER! GET STOCK OPTIONS CUZ THEY'RE NOT GOING DOWN IN REV ANYTIME SOON!

Current Contractor - Business Consultant in Chandler, AZ
    Current Contractor - Business Consultant in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Watch Infusionsoft Culture Video on their websites /culture page and the /about

Cons

Normal favoritism in any company culture and the expected fast paced changing environment, don't get comfortable cuz measuring and tweaking is almost daily.

Advice to Management

Invest in old employees that want to come back, They are coming back for a reason with more passion and excitement than before. I quote as best I can remember... Clate Mask from one of my Sales and Marketing Meetings I attended, "A lot of you may leave us to follow your entrepreneurial dreams. We want you to take what you learn here and create successful businesses, we may even invest in those businesses. Secretly I want you fail so you'll come back, he he. " He is kidding of course but hints at the love for an employee building off their company DVPM and their 'his' willingness to have them back in the family. Don't renig!

10. Great place to work.

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great vision. Very clear purpose. If you connect to small businesses and their success, then coming to work is awesome. You know that you can have impact.

Cons

Very reactive. Constant pivots and short shortsightedness which is in direct conflict with the beauty of the long term vision.

"Confusionsoft...." it doesn't just refer to their software.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Infusionsoft full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have a High-tech soda machine dispenser that costs more than most nice new cars, as well as a professional coffee/hotdrink maker, as far as the amenities are concerned. The people are positive and upbeat, so much so it is sickening, beware though if you don't "drink the kool-aid" as they say, you will find yourself out on your face, with no job.

Cons

This place preaches a VERY VERY good sermon, and really has everything in place to make this charade look and feel genuine. They talk about core values, and honesty and integrity, openness and understanding etc etc, however believe me from experience, if you do not fit their model of perfect they will off you as soon as they get the chance. If you are not an entrepreneur, or someone who owned or owns your own business they will automatically look down on you. If not at first, then just let about 2 weeks to a month to go by and you will start feeling it. Also, if you are worried about discrimination, then LOOKOUT, because there are two huge key factors that played into them firing me, without ever having received a written or verbal warning, and boasting perfect attendance. 1. Smokers beware!! this is a Mormon owned company, and they seriously look down on smokers, as shown by their absolute lack of interest in putting up any amenities to accommodate smokers, including ash trays. 2. Not being/looking like a prototypical Mormon ( which 97% of the staff falls into this category). So in short, anyone who is not Mormon, and doesn't look like Barbie and Ken Hampton's addition, and does smoke...you won't be here long. Even if you adhere to their rules and regulations with perfection, they will get you, give it time.
     Also, do not believe the "win for time" crap...they say they treat you like adults, and let you take care of the important things in life, so long as you complete your work...don't believe it. My mother had nose surgery which was botched and caused 4 days of constant blood spilling from her nose, and in turn, her need for me to take care of her, and her must do errands. This had taken place about a month after starting there, I let my supervisor know the situation and told him I had to leave which at the time was okay'd, only to hear that particular issue come up in the firing conversation, as one of the things that factored into their decision, as it showed little or lack of care for my work, and that I don't communicate openly with management....umm if you had checked with your supervisor's he would have told you exactly what I did, that it was okay'd. PAY ATTENTION, AND LEARN SOME TOLERANCE AND UNDERSTANDING!

Advice to Management

-Don't hire/fire staff based on or because of their religious affiliation, or smoking habits i.e. DON"T DISCRIMINATE
    - Practice what you preach!
    - Communicate inter-departmently so you know wtf is going on
    - HR needs to be someone who isn't personal friends with the management, psssst: they are supposed to be here for workers rights/resources, not a puppet of the higher ups.
    - Listen to your employees ideas and comments. You will not reach your goals if you continue to get big headed and arrogant as you brow.