Ingenio Reviews

1. Great culture, best kept secret in SF

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Ingenio full-time

Pros

Great company, culture, team, and management. Company is profitable (bonuses!) which is a rare scene in San Francisco; it was acquired by AT&T for a couple years until a PE firm bought it out 2 years ago (a good thing). Now it is completely independent but it still retains a small company/startup vibe. There are many long-term employees here (the 5+, 7+, 10+) which suggest the company is doing something right. Company is growing and hiring slowly but steadily like any well-run company. Management team has done a good job communicating the short-term and 5 year vision of the company. Kitchen is always stocked with snacks and fruits. Free catered lunch every Wednesday. Nice people who respect each other.

Cons

Company is 50+ people and everyone is close to each other. You may not like it if you enjoy working for large companies. It still have some old processes which I hope management will change over time. Hiring process is tough...only the best got hired, which is kind of good, but also means there are certain critical/engineering positions still open after 6+ months.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. Enriching Experience

I have been working at Ingenio full-time

Pros

Even though the company has been around 15 years, because of sell-off, the new Avatar is back in a startup mode. With a headcount of around 50 employees, the culture and the mindset is that of a startup (quasi-startup). A lot of freedom to do and wear different hats.
    A lot of freedom to learn new things. There will not be pushback from upper management if you wanna go for a conference or if you want to bring in a process change.
    Good work-life balance. There are fun things going on every now and then. You can be part of the company's Fun Committee and organize some activity.
    There's a small family feel to the company. A lot of camaraderie within and between teams.
    Great open-door policy. CxOs are available and willing to listen. They may not necessarily agree with you.

Cons

Benefits are pretty standard. Company is pretty generous with its PTO policy. Right off the bat you get like 3 weeks of PTO.
    Work from home policy is also very nice - in Engineering. Not necessarily applicable to other departments.
    Fully stacked kitchen. Free lunch once a week.

Growth, Professional and Personal

Current Employee - IT Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ingenio full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and a fun work environment. Everyone has an opportunity to contribute to the growth of the company and are encouraged to do so. Ingenio isn't too large, so everyone pulls their own weight and there are many opportunities for collaborating with other departments.

Cons

Pretty busy as we continue our growth, but that’s not a bad thing!

Advice to Management

Let’s keep moving forward! I love the direction the company is headed and feel we have the right people to do it! The culture and drive of the company is better than ever.

5. Excellent leadership and positive, innovative environment

Current Employee - Policy & Risk in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Policy & Risk in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ingenio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The executive and management teams genuinely care about employee satisfaction. The company culture focuses on fun, innovation, and empowerment throughout all levels of the business. Generous time-off + opportunities to grow + social outings + great location for lunchtime strolls.

Cons

Being a small company, many of us wear several "hats". This certainly creates avenues for growth but also means workload can be intense at times.

Advice to Management

The transparency in communication you've provided over the last year has really boosted employee morale (both for me personally and my direct reports); keep it up. :)

6. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ingenio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a great place to work before AT&T

Cons

AT&T took over and killed what made this place special.

Advice to Management

n/a

7. Great startup

I have been working at Ingenio full-time

Pros

Ingenio was a fun startup to work at and there was a lot of room for growth before the company was acquired by AT&T.

Cons

As a private company, Ingenio did not have the enough resources to properly market its products and build market share.

8. Small gem hIdden in a large public sector corporation

Former Employee - Project Management in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Management in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Ingenio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, R&D dept. Extremely interesting projects, Relaxed atmosphere. Team work is a very important aspect of this company. People are very talented and often have expertise in many aspects of gaming and related fields

Cons

Could use ressources more efficiently at the time I was there. However the free time allows people to think and have personal pet projects

9. Good company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Ingenio

Pros

Good company with friendly environment and smart people

Cons

Not found any cons during my working years for this company

Advice to Management

Be more proactive