Ingenious Med

Updated December 9, 2014
4.2

Ingenious Med President and CEO S. Hart Williford
S. Hart Williford

A great company. growing, innovative, caring and professional.

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company. Very open, innovative ideas that transform into industry leading products. Very caring family culture. Fast growing that provides challenges and opportunities. The leadership is very involved in all aspects of the winning culture. Great compensation and benefits. A great company to build a career with.

Cons

The company is concerned with doing things right for their customers the very first time or they could grow even faster.

Management is very open and the accessibility is one thing that really sets this company apart in a positive way. Keep that trait as you continue to grow and prosper. Continue with the approach and direction and the sky is the limit.

Neutral

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great product,motivated senior management, company gifts for holidays, casual dress codes, nerf gun friendly, tons of community initiatives and employee development initiatives

Cons

below average PTO, expensive insurance plans, lack of qualified people in mid level management roles, very hire friendly as opposed to promoting from within, c-suites's ideals and mission does not trickle down to lower levels, below average pay for an IT company

- promote qualified people from within as opposed to hiring people from outside that have no clue and will need extra time and training investments
    - replace under qualified middle management (who were hired only because they knew the CEO or worked with someone in the company at their past job)

Highly Successful Company With Great Culture To Match

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the best company that I have ever worked for. I enjoy coming to work everyday and that pays tribute to the culture that our leaders have worked so hard to build. Our management is passionate about its customers, and passionate about providing usable products to make their lives easier. They are also passionate about the personal lives of their employees which shows true with the Thrive Challenge. It is really easy to come in and give 100% for people when you know that they value your effort, and that is how I feel everyday at IM.

I give Ingenious Med an A+ and hope to be here for a long time.

Cons

Healthcare IT is a competitive industry, but IM has figured out to be successful in this space. If you are willing to come to work everyday and give 100%, there is no reason that you can't be successful at Ingenious Med.

Thanks for all that you do! Your employees really appreciate the culture you have built, and all of the opportunities that are provided to us.

Ingenious Med is a fast-growing company equipped to handle the challenges of the ever-evolving healthcare industry.

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The CEO of our company cares about his employees and this is shown through his actions and the environment he has created here at Ingenious Med. Employees feel they have a voice and if something needs to change or they are concerned or they simply need to talk, all executives maintain an open-door policy---and they mean it. This policy is critical to the success of any company, I believe. The fact that you can walk into the CEO's office, sit on his couch and talk to him---and he truly cares to hear what you have to say---is definitely not the norm.

Cons

We are growing so quickly sometimes it's hard to keep up with all of my accounts!

An amazing forward moving and thinking company.

Former Employee - Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ingenious Med full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very innovative and cutting edge. Fast paced and supportive.

Cons

Tend to higher in clumps from previous contacts. VERY young sales group.

Keep thinking outside the box. Rely heavily on non-management to help with reviews. Compensation is low in the beginning for what you are expected to do.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not many. I guess the ability to travel and some cool people

Cons

No training, politics (worse than DC), and pay. They promise the moon and deliver dirt

Wake up!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager of Business Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager of Business Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

IM treats every employee like family and puts family needs first. The company is very generous with benefit plans and benefit offerings. Company rewards and events help to continually boost overall moral.

Cons

The company is rapidly growing and some departments are a bit understaffed (Finance) but the company is looking to fill those positions soon.

My advice to management is to continually acknowledge hard work and progressive work form employees. Make sure employees know what they are doing right and what they are doing wring on a continual basis. We all are very busy but it is important to let the employee know they are doing a good job.

Fast paced environment for self-starters

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work varies from day to day. You are empowered to start your own projects and often asked to lend assistance to other projects, even ones outside of your normal job role. You are not limited in your career path and can make your own plan for growth.

Cons

The company has almost tripled in the last 2 years and there are a lot of employees who still think of it as a "small shop' when we have grown beyond that. Because of that, trying to institute processes or policies is a struggle. When something new IS rolled out, there is a lot of push back just because it's new.

Ingenious Med has shown explosive growth as a result of being an extremely strong team organization.

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Company has a culture built on trust, teamwork, a desire to succeed, very customer oriented, operational excellence, winning, and innovation. I have worked in multiple organizations and this one is by far the best. I am proud to be a contributor and member of the IM team.

Cons

The Company sets a fairly high bar for everyone and with rapid growth it does not leave alot of time to look back and just be proud of how far we have come in the past decade.

Never lose the IM culture and continue to be a great place to work.

A culture that can not be beat!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ingenious Med full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Experiencing rapid growth Ingenious Med has quickly become the leader in our industry.Fantastic environment to excel. I have truly enjoyed my years at Ingenious Med and look forward to many more. The company is positioned well and will continue to thrive in healthcare. On the fun side, the employees are appreciated and awarded.

Cons

Depending on where you live in Atlanta traffic can be a challenge.

Keep is up! It is appreciated.