Ingersoll-Rand

Ingersoll-Rand Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Ingersoll-Rand Chairman, President, and CEO Michael W. Lamach

Michael W. Lamach

Pros
  • As a huge company the benefits are decent and there is a fair work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• good benefits and the time off policies are pretty fair(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not easily found in current Ingersoll Rand business structure(in 11 reviews)

• Senior management does not have a clear vision for the future, earning distrust from the employees(in 12 reviews)

Human Resources

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Davidson, NC

ProsFree company coffee mugs and notepads. There are no other pros

ConsThink again if you would like to work here!!!I am an employee at the Davidson location. If your looking for development and growth this is not the place for you. Management is clueless and spends 95% of their time in pointless meetings. If you enjoy nepotism, promotions of non qualified candidates, being underpaid this is the place for you. As far as pay if your not seeking upper management positions get the salary you want because you will be nickled and dimed thereafter.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe competitive with salaries that are not in upper management. Customers are important but so are the employees. Understanding that you can't make every employee happy but if a large majority of your employees are not being developed, paid below the salary range, and unhappy Ingersoll rand will always lose great employees to companies that are thriving and willing to pay them what they are worth.

Local management is horrible, worst I have ever experienced

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsBenefits. That's it. Cannot think of any other pros.

ConsCulture, management, pay, lack of training/education, unrealistic goals, micromanagement.

Totally top down and you better not question anything or you'll be pushed out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) La Crosse, WI

ProsIndividual people very good to work with. Pay decent.

ConsManagement does not allow any questioning. La Crosse is poorly run and inflexible. Working atmosphere for salaried people is one of fear. Layoffs every few weeks so no one knows whether they will have a job the next day. Constant reorganization. Company no longer uses data to make decisions. It's all done by how they feel it should be. .

Advice to Senior ManagementStart using data again for decisions. No more management on the fly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very NEGATIVE

NPD Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsCompany has potential - Wrong management team in place

ConsZero Training
    Zero guidance for new employees
    Management and employees yell at each other
    VERY NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE THEM ALL AND START FRESH

Bad Company Culture

Service Manager (Current Employee) Davidson, NC

ProsWork Life balance, Working from home option, 3 weeks vacation

ConsAIR BUSINESS - Very bad company culture, low moral, old boys network, leader are put in position on the bases who they know, not what they know......many just come to work and dont have anything to do.....so to see weak ladership, no one wants to be responsible. Manager bully employee if they dont like something that employee does.....very sad insecure and ego's are big every where in B building.

Do not work here if you get job offer from B building or Air business (old ITS)

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak the old boys network, get competent leaders not just cuase they have been there 10+ year....develope employee and leader to lead people.

People Don't Matter

Director of Finance (Former Employee) Davidson, NC

ProsDecent pay and benefits. Nice campus for their headquarters.

ConsOnly the numbers matter. People are treated like dirt. They have reductions in force every quarter like clockwork. They don't believe in leadership only management. They have a management training program that spits out manager and their philosophy is that they can run anything. Don't need to know anything about the business, market or industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry walking the talk. You talk a good game about employee engagement, but actions speak louder than words and your actions say people don't matter.

Trane good A/c units/ bad pay.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood management withing the store, Good vacation, paid time off and benefits.
    Good coworkers and hours

Conspay can be good depending on area management. if area management is trying to cut on cost for the year and you're a new hire your pay can be compared to that of a Home depot worker or warehouse worker for Trane, they will pay you below the average salary so they can get a bonus at the end of the year for cutting cost for their district.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the counter sales people also. Many travel anywhere from 30 to 60 miles a day to work for you to receive below standard pay for this type of company.

It's all about numbers and not the people.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompetitive salary and good benefits. Can't say much else for the company or management.

ConsWork life balance doesn't exist. The people do not matter, the supervisors and managers are forced to implement policies and procedures which hide data from auditors and investigative people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to school and remember what it's like to be a worker bee.

Thermo King

Product Manager (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsPeople were very nice, I liked who I worked with.

ConsManagement does not have a clue, they think they compete with GM.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not as big as you think.

Miserable company to work for.

Design Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsGreat environment 2000 to 2009 (Trane). I loved working for Trane.

ConsControl freaks. Micromanagers. Management thinks we are all idiots and treats us like dirt. They hate engineers and would love nothing more than to outsource all design engineering.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the huge bulge in the middle. Get rid of all the bureaucracy/red tape. Stop promoting weasels.

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!