Ingles Markets

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II

Robert P. Ingle II

Pros:
  • "Even as a part time employee, you have the potential to work full-time hours"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Overall enjoyed my time spent working there"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "No opportunities to becoming full time unless you are management and stores are cutting employees hours because of the Affordable Care Act"
    in 9 reviews
  • "low pay, no raises and everyone is part time so they do not have to give you any benefits"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ingles I-Market trust out the door

I-Market Clerk (Former Employee)
    Hiawassee, GA

ProsFor the most part, working there was relatively easy, easily handling most customer requests and questions. I also enjoyed working with some of the other employees. Some extremely helpful. Most of the POS systems were easy to learn and pick up.

ConsThe first big mistake you make and you're out the door! It had been a hot day, I'd done quite a bit of work with the AC being out. Tired, hot, exhausted.... Picked up a cord that I'd moved earlier that after the fact I knew wasn't mine and packed it into my car. Hadn't even left when the owner of the cord wanted it back. Said cord was returned and an apology and partial excuse was given but certainly after the fact not accepted. Was let go the next morning due to 'trust issues'. Mistakes made on my part, mistakes made on my part and on my immediate supervisor's part as well. A verbal reprimand or pay cut would have worked better than just getting fired for an honest mistake. A mistake that could have been avoided if I had not been hot and tired or if the owner of the cord had not left it behind. The time clock issue took some time to resolve as well, more than several days to get my timeclock number to work properly, and never did get a clerk ID number to run the POS terminals under my own name. LAME and LAZY.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little bit more lee-way on a first mistake, and strive to allow for growth and improvement, not just firing them outright.

Poor management thus creating poor service

Grocery Clerk (Former Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsIt is easy to get a job here. All you have to do is just walk in and perform a background check. If you pass, the job is yours.

One manager was really a nice guy.

ConsPoor customer service and uneducated management. The management does not require respect from their employees so service is sacrificed. Employee training is awful.

Not enough experience to tell yet

ProsWork with very good people

ConsLow pay and will not hire full time workers

Advice to Senior ManagementSay thank you for work well done

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good ole boy practice

Frozen Food Manager (Current Employee)

ProsInteraction with both employees and regular customers. busy environment makes the day go by faster.

ConsThere is no such thing as a job well done only a job done wrong

Advice to Senior ManagementSay thank you to employees more often

Well, It's A Job.

Deli Associate (Current Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsThe main pro for me, is the wonderful co-workers I am blessed to work with. I have made some great friendships, here, and the way we work together, is nothing like anyplace else I've worked. Each seems to know what the other is thinking, able to take over a task without needing direction, a once-in-a-lifetime chemistry.

ConsLow pay and only 30 hours a week. Only 8.50 an hour to start? Regularly understaffed (due largely to the hour limit) which accounts for a good amount of lost sales, since customers only have so much patience before moving on. Management from store level on up through corporate is among the worst I've ever experienced. The store manager has no personality, at all; she will bark at people for no reason, whatsoever (she's even told employees that laughing on the job is against the rules). Corporate has no clue, whatsoever, as to how to run the business. A classic example is a memo issued by the corporate department head in our department, that stated in the event of a power outage, water has to be boiled on the stove, to wash dishes....only problem, the stoves are electric. They are continually slicing hours, yet adding work, and then complaining when we're not done by the desired time. A highly dysfunctional company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the 30 hours a week garbage, let your people work full-time and quit treating them with a plantation mentality. You'll be surprised at how much better they'll work and how much sales will rise.

NEVER WORK HERE...EVER!!

Lead Meat Cutter (Former Employee)
    Waynesville, NC

ProsWork for them for three years. Great for bending posted times, to fit a family life style. I was a Lead Cutter for them, so i made, some what decent money.

ConsThe Co's, D.M.'s and upper management teams are extremly rude. They act like your nothing and your not worth the time to have there.(Unless: You have 10+ years). Your department managers are spitefull back-stabbers and will throw you under the bus, to save there own a**. Everyone in the stores, from upper to lower management are unprofessional, gossip starting, kiss a**es. If you are good at brown noseing, sucking up, or staying on your knees, this is the job for you. I tried for two years to move to a different area and applied with other jobs, within the company. Not only did I not get any responses to any other jobs, I was told by my D.M., "I cant replace you here, sorry, I cant move you yet". I heard that for the rest of my time with them (alomst 2 years).

Advice to Senior ManagementHit puberty! Grow up and stand up for your own. Let the employee know that they are needed, $.05 cent to $.25 cent raises, are not the way to tell us, "Good Job". To upper management: Your status at this company should not be based on, Best friends with V.P.'s, Golfing buddies, or My brother needs a job. Some (20%) have worked to get there, the other (80%) just friends with a higher up. You need to look at Sam's Club and Publix, for tips on how to succeed in a business.

good starting job for young people

Prosthis would be the flexibility

Consthe pay and the hours

Great part-time job for students.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsFriendly co-workers and management.
    Flexible scheduling.

ConsCustomers could be mean, but generally no complaints. Probably different from store to store.

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Swannanoa, NC

ProsFriendly atmosphere for employees & customers. Many opportunities to advance up the ladder or to other departments. Overall enjoyed my time spent working there.

ConsHaving the occasional customer with a million coupons but it's to be expected in this environment.

Not bad company

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Gray, GA

ProsFlexible work hours,friendly environment, customer service experience

ConsPay, short break,no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favoritism, people that have more experience & better work ethic Deserve there chances.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingles Markets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II. All 99 reviews posted anonymously by Ingles Markets employees.