Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
Profile Unclaimed

Beg for that quarter raise every year

Former Employee - Cashier in Hayesville, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Hayesville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The customers and some of the employees.

Cons

Pay is very low. Only part time unless you are in the club. Positions are never posted to give anyone a chance to move up. They tell you flexible schedule..but that is only for students. Store manager do little besides hanging out in the back room. Customers are always asking if the manager is in.

Need to have a guest advantage card. You make customers have the card but make it inconvenient when they lose it or can't find it. Really an inconvenience for vacationers. Move your registers away from the front door. You say you need a cashier there to monitor thieves and then when they are caught no one prosecutes. You do not provide healthcare but you want people to be sick from working in front of the doors. Then they have to miss work and pay for a doctor visit. Tell people when they are doing a good job and compensate them accordingly.

Asked if I wanted the job. That was all.

Former Employee - Cashier in Greeneville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Greeneville, TN

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very easy job. Not much to do other than stand around.

Cons

Boss was very perverted and was threatening to fire me over a medication that the doctor gave me.

YOU SUCK

Meat Cutter

Current Employee - Meat Cutter
    Current Employee - Meat Cutter

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

Highest paid department.There is always something to do,which makes the day go faster,and there will always be a need for this postion in the future.

Cons

Lowest paying of all grocery chains.The yearly raise if you get one is 25 cents an hour,now that adds up to $10 a week.
    You cannot support a family on this salary,so your spouse better have a job also.
    The district manager for your department comes by weekly with his "white glove" test.ans depending on his mood can be ok or downright degrading.
    Next the grocery district manager comes through about very other week doing the same thing,so in essence you have a minimum of five local bosses.
    They work you like a dog if you are new in the department while others tke extended and frequent smoke breaks because "they work faster " than you.

Pay your employees so they can support a family.Train the employees for what the district managers expect,maybe a training video of the jobs daily activities rather than degrading them for not doing what was expected

Much talk, little hearing

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The position is simple and repetitive. Most of the tasks require little or no advanced training.

Cons

Safety and repair issues are unanswered for months. Management's drive toward bottom line profit is misdirected away from maintenance and repair of essential equipment; making tasks more difficult and time consuming.

Address problems, rather than ignoring them. Listen to employee concerns before problems explode. Don't just hope problems will go away.

A Typical Day

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Given the opportunity to gain experience while on the job and in due time move up in the company

Cons

On some days there is as many as five people in one work area when there should at least be more that way more jobs can be done within time instead of put off and dumped on an individual

Hire more people to work instead of relying on a skeleton crew to get the job the more employee's the better

Worst Company Ever Deceptive in Interview Process

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

Can't think of any ... even ones promised in interview.

Cons

Worst company ever! Continually cut hours ... was only offered part-time hours (supposedly guaranteeing 28 hours per week) and when scheduled for 28 hours (which rarely happens) hours have been cut.

Get in the real world. People's monthly bills don't fluctuate according to Ingle's poor management and scheduling. Don't promise people a certain amount of hours then screw them over because you have favorites working in your store who get more hours. Seriously .... who can pay their bills when they are only scheduled 5, 8, 12 or 20 hours a week and then you send them home early because the store is having a slow day??? Also you should give each employee a set weekly schedule so that they can have a steady second job because no one I know (other than managers) who works at Ingles makes enough to pay their bills.

I had a good time working for ingles, made a few friends and met a lot of great people.

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Friendly Co-Workers,

Cons

No cons in my experience

Worst warehouse I have ever worked in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Black Mountain, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Black Mountain, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time

Pros

There are not many pros to the Ingles warehouse. Most of the people who work there that are not coordinators or higher are great.

Cons

Completely irrational production system. Coordinators seem to be on a power trip all the time. Very threatening atmosphere. They threaten everyone constantly with being suspended or fired for every little thing. There is a point system for missing work and there is zero grace, even in horrible weather conditions. Very easy to be suspended or fired for production even though the computer decides what orders you get. One of the worst places I have ever worked.

Start treating your employees like humans instead of being so focused on a production number on a piece of paper. Stop letting your coordinators treat people unfairly and rudely all of the time. Consider the fact that some people may not be willing to risk their life to get to work under very hazardous road conditions. You should take a look at company policy and realize that much of it is not only ridiculous but completely unnecessary. I can't wait until Publix comes to Asheville!

Was an awesome experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's always something to do and the pay is pretty good. They have weekly pay and alternating schedules every week that help with your personal life flexibility.

Cons

It's takes a little while to ever get a raise or move up to a higher position. I don't like how some employees acted towards management.

You should get rid of bad employees BEFORE it gets to the worst point .

Disappointed

Current Employee - Deli Associate
    Current Employee - Deli Associate

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

You get paid weekly.
    Unless you are full time there are no insurance benefits.

Cons

Promote and give manager positions to people who are too young and inexperienced.
    I have never seen or heard the ongoing use of profanity in the department I worked in like I did at Ingles. You get what you pay for.

Hire more experienced responsible older people to run your Deli departments. Do not let relatives work together.