Ingles Markets Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.8

Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II
Robert P. Ingle II

Pros
  • Even as a part time employee, you have the potential to work full-time hours (in 6 reviews)

• Interaction with customers is a plus (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Rude customers (although that's everywhere in retail), sometimes difficult to get full time, lots of weekends (in 10 reviews)

• Low pay, low raises, & inconsistency with hours if you're a part time worker (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Grocery Stocker

Current Employee - Stock Clerk  in  Easley, SC
    Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Easley, SC

I have been working at Ingles Markets for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment and good people to work with. Ample opportunities to get promotions, they are really flexible with your schedule if you are in school.

Cons

Scheduling could be hectic and past managers have been known to carry their personal problems to the work area.

Reward the people that are doing their job and extra incentives on holidays would be nice.

has its perks

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Have always worked around my schedule.

Cons

Corp doesn't understand the work load they send down to store level sometimes

none

Good stable work

Current Employee - Night Stock  in  Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Night Stock in Athens, TN

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a retail job with retail hours regardless of what shift or position you work. Ingles offers a stable workplace to learn basic skills or begin a new career. Ingles has a 401k that offers to match 50%. They have worked with me on my scheduling and if I need a weekend off they allow you to switch days with others to make it happen. I read a lot negative reviews about this company...Ingles has a whole is a great company however each location will be ran and operated differently...it.s up to you the employee to make it a good experience.

Cons

As I mentioned each location is different. Where I'm at the store management needs a reality check. Other than that...no complaints.

It's OK and good practice to be a part of your employees personal life. Get to know them...what makes them who they are...they're needs...they're aspirations. Management needs to tend to employees like crops in a garden...The more tending...weeding the better the overall outcome.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

decent job for high schoolers who need spending money until something better comes along

Former Employee - Service Clerk
    Former Employee - Service Clerk

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

nothing is really coming to mind.. i guess i had a few interesting conversations with customers. way more rude customers overall though

Cons

leadership is bad. manager's quote: "we will hire anyone with two teeth in their head" so naturally the turnover rate is high. you dont always get days off even when you ask well in advance. raises based on seniority not performance so very little incentive to work hard

see cons list and fix stated issues

Poor Management

Current Employee - Bakery Associate  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Bakery Associate in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time for more than a year

Pros

With an Ingles ever few miles it is not hard to find one within walking distance from your home and most of my co-worker were nice people.

Cons

My department manager never has the items we need to do our jobs on hand, then when we can not complete the jobs will curse us. Manager also claims cleaning is a waste of time.

If you know a department is failing due poor management don't just keep bring in new people that run off in a few weeks due to being yelled at, blamed for things they have no power over, and being called names, get a new department manager.

Good stepping stone for high school students.

Current Employee - Produce Clerk/Cashier
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk/Cashier

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers & sweet customers.
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, low raises, & inconsistency with hours if you're a part time worker.

Great First Time Job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Dallas, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting new people, learning new things, helping others

Cons

Cold, last minute hour changes

Okay place if you only want to work 2 days a week.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Clarkesville, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Clarkesville, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a good place for a high school student who is only looking to work a few days a week.

Cons

You're lucky if you get 3 days a week. Management gets mad when you ask for a day off. They will not let you ask off for any holidays, even if your family is going out of town to visit relatives. They say they care about employes and customers, but they really only care about making money. Management sits in the office all day and gossips about employes. It's really just a bunch of drama. I've only received a 25 cent raise for the 2+ years I've been working here.

Be nice to your employes.

Overall Good Company

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

Good environment the company I feel usually treats people fairly.

Cons

It is still a supermarket with work schedules that include nights and weekends.

None

Good Job while working through school.

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time

Pros

Good introduction to customer service and great coworkers. They are flexible with your schedule and provide good hours. Environment is relaxed and friendly.

Cons

Low starting base pay and small raises. Few opportunities for advancement. Store equipment is generally outdated. Working with the public means you will deal with some rude and mean customers.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!