Ingles Markets Reviews

151 reviews filtered by

1. A Typical Day

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Given the opportunity to gain experience while on the job and in due time move up in the company

Cons

On some days there is as many as five people in one work area when there should at least be more that way more jobs can be done within time instead of put off and dumped on an individual

Hire more people to work instead of relying on a skeleton crew to get the job the more employee's the better

2. Worst Company Ever Deceptive in Interview Process

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

Can't think of any ... even ones promised in interview.

Cons

Worst company ever! Continually cut hours ... was only offered part-time hours (supposedly guaranteeing 28 hours per week) and when scheduled for 28 hours (which rarely happens) hours have been cut.

Get in the real world. People's monthly bills don't fluctuate according to Ingle's poor management and scheduling. Don't promise people a certain amount of hours then screw them over because you have favorites working in your store who get more hours. Seriously .... who can pay their bills when they are only scheduled 5, 8, 12 or 20 hours a week and then you send them home early because the store is having a slow day??? Also you should give each employee a set weekly schedule so that they can have a steady second job because no one I know (other than managers) who works at Ingles makes enough to pay their bills.

3. Much talk, little hearing

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The position is simple and repetitive. Most of the tasks require little or no advanced training.

Cons

Safety and repair issues are unanswered for months. Management's drive toward bottom line profit is misdirected away from maintenance and repair of essential equipment; making tasks more difficult and time consuming.

Address problems, rather than ignoring them. Listen to employee concerns before problems explode. Don't just hope problems will go away.

5. Worst warehouse I have ever worked in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Black Mountain, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Black Mountain, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time

Pros

There are not many pros to the Ingles warehouse. Most of the people who work there that are not coordinators or higher are great.

Cons

Completely irrational production system. Coordinators seem to be on a power trip all the time. Very threatening atmosphere. They threaten everyone constantly with being suspended or fired for every little thing. There is a point system for missing work and there is zero grace, even in horrible weather conditions. Very easy to be suspended or fired for production even though the computer decides what orders you get. One of the worst places I have ever worked.

Start treating your employees like humans instead of being so focused on a production number on a piece of paper. Stop letting your coordinators treat people unfairly and rudely all of the time. Consider the fact that some people may not be willing to risk their life to get to work under very hazardous road conditions. You should take a look at company policy and realize that much of it is not only ridiculous but completely unnecessary. I can't wait until Publix comes to Asheville!

6. I had a good time working for ingles, made a few friends and met a lot of great people.

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Friendly Co-Workers,

Cons

No cons in my experience

Disappointed

Current Employee - Deli Associate
    Current Employee - Deli Associate

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

You get paid weekly.
    Unless you are full time there are no insurance benefits.

Cons

Promote and give manager positions to people who are too young and inexperienced.
    I have never seen or heard the ongoing use of profanity in the department I worked in like I did at Ingles. You get what you pay for.

Hire more experienced responsible older people to run your Deli departments. Do not let relatives work together.

8. Was an awesome experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's always something to do and the pay is pretty good. They have weekly pay and alternating schedules every week that help with your personal life flexibility.

Cons

It's takes a little while to ever get a raise or move up to a higher position. I don't like how some employees acted towards management.

You should get rid of bad employees BEFORE it gets to the worst point .

9. Miserable

Current Employee - Bakery in Albemarle, NC
    Current Employee - Bakery in Albemarle, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly at the moment I can't think of one. Maybe that's because I've been there for six years and I'm to the point I hate it and everyone there.

Cons

At my store, they pay minimum wage when they can. 6 years later and I still make about 9.25/hr and I'm an assistant manager in one of the departments.

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement because they continue to hire new people for the higher jobs rather than moving the people who have been there at the bottom, up.

Management sucks. My manager is the biggest A-hole I've ever known. He is completely sarcastic. And I think he goes out of his way to make employees lives miserable unless it is someone who kisses his but. The district managers are a little better than him but not by much

Everyday is the same.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy work. Laid back atmosphere. Paid holidays you can take at any time, if you're full time.

Cons

.25 cent yearly raises. Really? Pay caps they pick and choose when to put in place. The most vacation you can acquire is 3 weeks....and that's after 10 years of employment. More and more rules corporate sends down as if they have no idea how a grocery store works. Policies they pick and choose to make you follow and unfollow when it's in corporates favor.

Have some common sense.

11. Great place to work for and the advancement is quick and easy

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxed environment, and very quick promotions if your looking for them. Most Management is friendly and equal to all employees. Pay is ok when you get full time positions and hours are consist. Time off is very easy to obtain provided a notice is given.

Cons

No discounts, Higher management (District Managers) are very uptight. Different stores get special treatment. lower stores who have lower sales get treated worse. District 7 needs serious changes.

Set work standards for your stores equally based off company policies, and not based of sales or social status with that store. You speak of Customer Service and "its not what you serve, its who you serve" well you don't serve no customers. Its the store level employees who do this. Show them Respect. District 7 needs serious change.