Ingles Markets

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II

Robert P. Ingle II

Pros
  • Even as a part time employee, you have the potential to work full-time hours (in 6 reviews)

• Interaction with customers is a plus (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Rude customers (although that's everywhere in retail), sometimes difficult to get full time, lots of weekends (in 10 reviews)

• Low pay, low raises, & inconsistency with hours if you're a part time worker (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

management sucks

Stocker (Former Employee) Hazelwood, NC

Proswas fun at one point tell new co manager. most all other employees where great to be around most were friendly

Constreated like a dog no call back when you call corporate office act like your the bad guy when you do your job having 2 people to throw a 900 peace truck then getting mad because you were not done by 7 am too much backstabbing going on

Advice to Senior Managementdon't treat your employees like thay are beneath you

Grocery Manager Compensation

Grocery Manager (Current Employee) Gainesville, GA

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsNo training of available benefits

Unfortunate...that they are one of the largest employers in the area. But..not for much longer.

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsGood for meeting people in your area.

ConsNot recognized for your accomplishments. Promised raises with promotions that are lies. Oh..you get to do more work ,just not more money. "Management"..is that what they call it? 25 cent raises no matter how hard you work and then they are never given in a timely manner if you get it at all. Gotta be buddies with management..or maybe a football player or the friend of a friend...

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are an American company. Too bad you cannot set a positive example for the Americans that work themselves so hard for you and show a little appreciation. You are very good teachers at teaching your pathetic managers how to try and tear people down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kings Mountain, NC

Prosrelationships with your co workers

Conslow pay
    no hours
    unfair treatment
    don't appreciate your workers at all

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people how you want to be treated

Was my first job as I went into college, I have worked two years and about four or so months now as a cashier.

Cashier (Current Employee) Morganton, NC

ProsIt has given me a decent experience with dealing with costumers and just getting used to having a job. I enjoy some of my coworkers company. Flexible hours at times. I enjoyed the laid back environment as business was never too bad, until some other nearby stores shut down. Management makes sure that during down time when there are not many customers, that employees are doing something productive, such as tidying up displays nearby or cleaning.

ConsThe majority of the staff working up front is in high school, some first shift but mostly second shift, and as such we are all treated like we are undisciplined teenagers. Management is bad with giving out breaks as most times if the main manager is working they do not start breaks in the front until noon or later; the first shift people arrive at seven. Many times they forget to send people on break overall. A small thing that is not that much of an issue but I would like to point out, there is no employee discount or anything. They tend to over-hire which causes hours to be cut drastically. When someone new is hired they pair them off to be trained by another employee, sometimes an employee who has not been working but two months or so, as such, that employee will not be aware of many things and will therefore not be able to train well enough. When I started they worked well with giving me hours and balancing my college life. I had classes that ran late and some nights that were devoted to family time. Now, they do not schedule me anytime through the school week when I could work five total days instead of three just because I have a class that runs until 4:50 p.m. During the summer when I had no classes I tried to push to join third shift so I could get more hours and be paid more hourly, but management always had some excuse and would brush me aside. They do not value many of the front end employees as there is always someone else waiting to be hired at all times. You may be written up for the simplest mistakes that can easily corrected.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with each other. Not all of the employees are undisciplined teenagers who are just working to make their parents happy, but are actually needing this job.

Good and bad

Deli Clerk (Former Employee) Sweetwater, TN

ProsDecent hours at times, can vary depending on overall business. Decent pay for retail, definitely better than fast food. Possible to become full time without necessarily having to move into a management position unlike fast food or other retail chains.

ConsLack of a core training program for new employees. No drug testing of employees prior to beginning of employment. High turnover, even among top store level management. Department head, full time assistant, and store Co-Manager all fired within a three month period before or just after Christmas 2011, not the easiest thing to deal with, especially at the busiest time of the year for retail, and not a good morale image for part-time and non management employees seeing your supervisors get fired repeatedly.

Terrible upper-management.

Cashier/Deli Associate (Former Employee) Asheville, NC

ProsThe only good thing about working here was the friendships made with direct coworkers.

ConsPoor pay for the work required
    Looked down on and treated terribly by upper management
    Upper management was disorganized and hardly ever on the same page as other upper management
    Customers are sometimes just plain silly (as with all customer service jobs)
    High turnover rate of employees
    Don't usually promote from within
    Good work is not noted

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized and treat your employees better.

not the best job out there.

Cashier (Current Employee) Spruce Pine, NC

Prosmeet great people there. met my current boyfriend there. n alot of my friends there. were a big ole family in some ways

Consmanagers pick favorites. if you have a family emergencies n you cant find somebody to work for u your screwed....they write you up in a heart beat... nobody gets full time ever!!! the managers are blind we had the biggest pot head before she quit...she would come back from break reaking of marijuana.

Advice to Senior Managementopen your eyes..and see whose best for your company n dont let your favorites slack.

Great management, poor location

Self-Checkout Coordinator (Former Employee) Greensboro, GA

ProsThe managers are awesome. If you show them loyalty, they will bend over backwards to help you. I was in the Greensboro, GA location, and during my time there, I only worked under 2 bad managers. The rest were absolutely fantastic.

ConsGreene County. I love where I was born and raised, but the work ethic of the people in this county is seriously lackluster. In my 7 years at this job, I saw around 100 people come and go, and 90% of them had horrible work ethic. The other 10% went to a job with better employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry harder to search for better employees! Other than that I loved you guys!

Overall a positive experience especially considering it is retail.

Store Co-Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIngles has a laid back environment.

ConsUnfortunately it is still the retail industry.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!