Ingram Content

Add Photos

John R. Ingram

Customer Care Specialist

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) La Vergne, TN

ProsCo-workers are extremely friendly and helpful. Training for the position was thorough. Management is easy to talk to, and the hours of operation are the greatest.

ConsBecause it was a part time position, the pay rate was not enough for me to be able to sustain my household bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the hourly wages.

Great Security Team

ProsLearned new technologies.
    I was able to work on more things than what I was contracted for which was great experience. Great supervisor!
    Friendly staff
    On-Site work-out facility

ConsThey were restructuring at the time.
    Limited job placement opportunity.

Large company that values it's associates

Director Credit (Former Employee) La Vergne, TN

ProsIngram is a large company has a small company feel. Associates generally feel a since worth and that contribute to the overall success of the company. Ingram provides competitive salaries and has very good benefits. Ingram encourages continued education and offers "in house" training and educational opportunities. They are by far the leader in their industry.

ConsAs a wholesale/distributor, Ingram operates on very small margins thus must maintain very tight budget and expense controls. Ingram is in a rapidly changing industry and is often forced to change their strategic plans. Associates must be able to accept change. Not great opportunities for advancement at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much to add. Ingram's senior management is very good.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The review above is from HR no doubt about it!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLook at the review from HR enough said. Anyone that has to stoop that low to make a company look good has issues.

ConsAnyone that has to stoop that low to make a company look good has issues. Come on it reads like a professional PR announcement

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit having sock puppets wrote reviews for your company. I almost spit up my coke when I read the carefully crafted 5 star review. Especially the cons section. Hah!

Bait and Switch

Professional (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsThe pay is decent and the benefits pretty good. The health insurance is decent and not ridiculously expensive.

ConsWatch out. They tell you that you are being hired for 40 hours per week with "occasional" overtime, which in reality is 50-60 hour work weeks frequently. You may even be asked to work on Sundays, although these little facts are never mentioned in the hiring process. Crisis management all the way. There aren't enough people hired to do the job, so they just work the ones they have to the point of ridiculous. Days off that you are entitled to? Maybe, if they aren't in the middle of a crisis...which they always are. In my interview, the concept of Ingram being a family oriented company was touted, but I have discovered this is true only if the Ingram company is your family. You won't see your own family much.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front with your potential employees. Tell them what they are getting into before you hire them. It'll be a lot easier all the way around. Less turnover, happier employees. Disgruntled employees don't do you any favors.

Great Place to work

ProsGreat people and work in a flexible environment within my department

ConsPay below average and difficult to promote within

Great Company!!!!

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) La Vergne, TN

ProsThe people are great to work with and the management team was excellent. Great Benefits

ConsNot sure if its a con but for me new projects took along time to get vetted out and actually started but for some that might be a good thing :-)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the team you have. Management can make or break a team and you have a great team there right now!!!!

Horrible place to work stay away!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPays ok... Thats about it.

ConsLack of work life balance.

Lacks leadership, empowerment, collaborative thinking and energy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people who work there are great...

Cons...unfortunately, those great people are hampered by poor leadership, the "Not invented here syndrome", dead-end jobs with no career growth or real opportunity to rise through the ranks...

Advice to Senior ManagementRedefine what you want your company to be in the coming years, then go out and hire appropriate forward thinking, energetic, innovative leaders who will not only embrace change, but aren't afraid of accepting what new voices (including the sequestered voices of current employees) with vision and ideas on how to grow your business and make it a decent if not better place to work! Too many of the "Old Ingram Guard" still in place...recommend opening the windows and clearing away the cobwebs that hamper parts of your business.

Mostly Pleasant, Good Company

IT Management (Former Employee) La Vergne, TN

ProsThe people were great to work with at Ingram. They really cared about the book industry and were very knowledgeable. Built some quality relationships that will last for a lifetime. The people that reported to me were energetic and truly desired Ingram to be successful.

ConsThe Ingram Content Group business clients are not very progressive in their approach to new things. Senior IT Management lacked vision to drive the culture forward. Senior IT Management was out of their realm and were more protective of their careers rather than driving the organization to success.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Business Management need to drive the organization forward and adapt to the changes in the book industry.

Worked for Ingram Content? Contribute to the Community!