Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monie

Alain Monie

Pros
  • They are understanding of a work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• I learned a lot at Ingram, and met a lot of great people(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Uncertainty and low margin business make for decisions that aren't always popular(in 5 reviews)

• You won't find work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

Great place to work and get entry level workforce experience

Proslaid back environment, good work life balance

ConsToo political, no perks, low pay and no training.

Good Company to work for. I learned much during my career there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work. Great people.

ConsNo employee loyalty. Opportunities are not given when reorgs are done.

Great place to work

Channel Account Specialist II (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsTeams work very well with one another. Understand the overall goal is to hit a quota and bring the business through Ingram. Ability to further your career is available and managers are understanding when leaving a division.

ConsVery strict with the written rules. 3 years of Ingram experience is essentially the same to 1 year of outside experience. Are not willing to pay you for a position unless you met their exact criteria, even if a vendor is telling them they will pull the offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand number of dials are not the only way to determine if quota is being hit or business is being driven.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low margin company

Manager (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsMost jobs are very layback

ConsCompensation much lower than industry average

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee as asset not cost

Great Experience

Account Specialist (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsGreat environment! Moral was high, was able to work on a variety of interesting and stimulating projects...The time generally flew by. Also, the office was generally well organized and efficiently run-there was little wasted time or excessive sloppiness. Co-workers were easy to get along with, too.

ConsSeemed to be little for advancement and few opportunities to distinguish yourself. Management seemed disinterested in your input too often as well. Seemed to be a disconnect between upper management and entry level employees.

Lots to learn, with poor direction and communication from above

Buyer (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsI learned a lot at Ingram, and met a lot of great people. The company is HUGE, and truly offers the chance to interact with every type of business market out there.

ConsIt's all about the numbers. As soon as they changed service and support to a foreign country, the whole company changed at it's core. A lot of great talent left, or was let go, and we were all reminded that we're just numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the pulse of the employees & customers more often, and not just the shareholders.

Market Development Specialist

Market Development Specialist (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsGreat place to work. You get my incentives from vendors. You are not micro managed. A lot of movement after a year in current position.

ConsDepending on the position, it may be very repetitive work. Training is terrible. No one knows what Ingram micro is until a few months into the jobs because every vendor is very different. Its like 100 plus of different companies working under one building.

Review of Ingram Micro workplace environment and culture (Santa Ana location)

Vendor Business Manager (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsIngram Micro has very talented people that work there. Although they have a lot of entry level marketing and functional type roles, their management is second to none. Very smart people. They bring in young talent and groom them up. They tend to select similar type of personnel in the hiring process. Those that are loyal and looking to collaborate while working hard.

ConsA con to many might be the pay but the stability is what they offer to their employees. Distribution is a high volume low margin business. Ingram Micro offers great experience and long term employment. You would see people that work there 10 years plus and enjoy being there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIngram Micro is a fortune 100 company. They are structure similar to other fortune 100 companies. Their compensation, training, perks, etc,... are in line with most others. They actually offer great benefits for a company with tight margins. Their stock is going up.

Great company, good benefits, very good mgmt, but hard to get promoted...

ProsVery well respected in our industry. Lots of good, professional people. Clear understanding of your role. In the Fortune 100, solid financials, so you don't have to worry about your check not cashing (if you've had that happen, you never take it for granted again!). They are understanding of a work life balance. Company is very charitable, and not for publicity, which I like.

ConsDon't like what they are doing with the 401K's, they split them into a regular and supplemental plan , this will cost me significant compounded interest . Serious problem long term, might cause me to look for another job.
    Some slackers unfortunately who manage to game the system, which is annoying to us who work hard and take our jobs seriously.
    Very limited chances to get promoted, but that might only be our group

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying some new employees more than some older employees in base salaries, and you should "true up" the salaries, that's just not fair.

Overall I am satisfied but there are definitely things to improve

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsWork/Life balance - In my experience, everyone I have worked with/for has been extremely understanding and respectful of a true work/life balance

A lot of opportunity to move up and learn more

ConsI have had 4 bosses in 14 months. Some of the changes were because of a boss moving on, others were because of restructuring which has happened 2 times in the last 6 months.

My job gets very repetitive

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider upgrading from an archaic batch processing system to a system such as SAP or Oracle that allows for up-to-date data

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!