Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monie

Alain Monie

Pros
  • They are understanding of a work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• I learned a lot at Ingram, and met a lot of great people(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Uncertainty and low margin business make for decisions that aren't always popular(in 5 reviews)

• You won't find work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

Executive leadership has their priorities out of whack

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThe company has a history of hiring quality employees.

ConsHiring quality executives? not so much. Executives are too interested in their own salary. Company is going through an 'insourcing' phase. In theory this is great, however the company is more interested in spending money on acquisitions than hiring more employees to support integration or even day-to-day operations. This causes existing employees to be overworked and putting out fires instead of actually planning for the future. Recently took over 8 months to find a new CIO after the 'catty' executive leadership currently in place forced the former CIO out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Spend money where it's desperately needed before you buy more companies.

It takes a long time..

Vendor Business Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSteady source of income. They seem to try and make it a great place to work.

ConsIt takes a very long time to move through the ranks and hiring is very political.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside your division for the right candidates for jobs.

Great company to work for

Senior Support Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGoal oriented work enviornment
    Internal Promotions
    Those who leave here tend to come back for more once they get a second look at what other places are like.

ConsMoving up in rank can often mean moving accross the country. The company is also sometimes so big that we can't seem to get out of our own way.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better relocation packages

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunity for those who will search for it

Market Development Specialist (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

Pros* Great Work life balance
    * Easy to get noticed if you work hard and go above and beyond the call of duty.
    * Good people and workers make the job easier and more bearable.

Cons* Pay is decent but nothing to get excited over.
    * Communication between departments can sometimes be terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employee's more and stop playing the market, stop changing job structure and job pay, stop changing health plans and just keep consistent. All of these things cause great stress to your employee's.

sSshout

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsPay was decent. People were nice. Glad to be out of there!

ConsI should have listened to the reviews. They definitely overwork their employees. One of the longtime employee survives on THREE hours sleep a night. They set unreasonable and unfair job expectations. The place is a shark tank mostly. There is little support or training. You are on your own. Beware, that unless you thrive in high stress environments you WILL wash out.

Advice to Senior Managementstop burning out your employees. Give compensation for working 30 hours on a weekend. Allow people to take breaks during the 30 hours straight. Make sure things are tested properly as bad rollouts are common in IT, causing days of emergency support.

Great place to learn channel marketing, but there are many better opportunities out there

Vendor Marketing Manager II (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsHuge name in the IT industry, opportunity to make many connections as you will work with hundreds of top IT manufacturers. The employees are great, and many groups have a good community atmosphere. Tuition reimbursement which is helpful if you want to get more education. Also, good work/life balance. most managers are flexible with work hours.

ConsThe marketing organization is broken and not on the road to recovery. All they care about is the bottom line, and not providing valuable marketing programs to our vendor partners. They have reorganized the marketing programs many times, changing the marketing organization and re-packaging the same programs under different names. But nothing has truly changed. The management team feeds the marketing team the words to say to their vendors, but there isn't the real sales-driven marketing programs we need to truly provide the ROI that we could be.

Also, after looking around it is clear that Ingram pays well below the average for marketing positions in the IT industry. It seems to be an official business strategy to overcharge for marketing and under pay the marketing associates - just for the bottom line. The management is aware that they are bleeding talent, but until they can become competitive in terms of pay, people will continue leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value the marketing team like you say you do, you should research comparable salaries and up the pay. People will take more pride in their work and ultimately it will make for a better marketing organization.

Undervalued

ProsNot many since aquiring my current company

ConsUpper management is out of touch with day to day operations

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to the ground level find out what is going on in your operations... How can facilities be managed ffrom an office three quaters of a country away?

Great experience; way to much red tape to get anything done

ProsThe people; a lot of flexibility; support higher education

ConsTo much red tape to get things done ; several processes and positions that add no value

Advice to Senior ManagementNo clear roadmap; executive management changes mind too frequently; leaving little or no time to execute plans successfully

Very Good, High level dedication needed though.....

Associate (Former Employee)

ProsInnovative, caring management, down to earth management, good culture and values

ConsLong hours, changing schedules, sacrifice personal life.

Advice to Senior Managementbe detail oriented, listen-share

God place to gain experience.

Market Development Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

Prosgood hours, relaxed but serious culture, teamwork.

Consnot much of a young workforce to bring energy

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!