Ingram Micro
www.ingrammicro.com Santa Ana, CA 5000+ Employees

Ingram Micro Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014
Ingram Micro – Santa Ana – “Corporate Headquarters”

Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monie

Alain Monie

Pros:
  • "Wonderful work/life balance, excellent career opportunities, welcoming/open management"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Great people, benefits and internal campaigns to keep morale up"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Uncertainty and low margin business make for decisions that aren't always popular"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Long hours, changing schedules, sacrifice personal life"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overall a good place to work

Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than a year

ProsThe environment is enjoyable. Majority of employees are hard working and there are growth benefits including knowledge and position. Work/life balance is pleasant. Time off policy is adequate.

ConsLack of communication at the management level. Compensation could be based better on contribution and experience rather than what corporate determines.

Great company, good benefits, very good mgmt, but hard to get promoted...

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery well respected in our industry. Lots of good, professional people. Clear understanding of your role. In the Fortune 100, solid financials, so you don't have to worry about your check not cashing (if you've had that happen, you never take it for granted again!). They are understanding of a work life balance. Company is very charitable, and not for publicity, which I like.

ConsDon't like what they are doing with the 401K's, they split them into a regular and supplemental plan , this will cost me significant compounded interest . Serious problem long term, might cause me to look for another job.
Some slackers unfortunately who manage to game the system, which is annoying to us who work hard and take our jobs seriously.
Very limited chances to get promoted, but that might only be our group

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying some new employees more than some older employees in base salaries, and you should "true up" the salaries, that's just not fair.

Review of Ingram Micro workplace environment and culture (Santa Ana location)

Vendor Business Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIngram Micro has very talented people that work there. Although they have a lot of entry level marketing and functional type roles, their management is second to none. Very smart people. They bring in young talent and groom them up. They tend to select similar type of personnel in the hiring process. Those that are loyal and looking to collaborate while working hard.

ConsA con to many might be the pay but the stability is what they offer to their employees. Distribution is a high volume low margin business. Ingram Micro offers great experience and long term employment. You would see people that work there 10 years plus and enjoy being there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIngram Micro is a fortune 100 company. They are structure similar to other fortune 100 companies. Their compensation, training, perks, etc,... are in line with most others. They actually offer great benefits for a company with tight margins. Their stock is going up.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ingram Micro a great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ingram Micro

ProsCulture is very employee centric. A strong team environment. Excellent benefits , strong leadership at the executive level. A place where you can advance your career.

ConsThey work on distributor margins ( thin) so they are prone to economic downturns which lead to layoffs. This is part of the model.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be a people first company as they are by far your greatest asset. In that vein continue to invest in your associates.

Good people but low compensation

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is a place where you can make great connections and work with talented people. This is a good place to start your career, it will give you the tools you need so you can go elsewhere for higher compensation.

ConsThe compensation is low, there used to be stability which made-up for the low compensation but now that is gone. Too many layoffs and instability. The employees don't believe the changes being made are for the best. Hopefully things straighten out, but only time will tell.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is more to executive level - If you see that you have a great team, I don't recommend splitting them into other teams.

Experience ok. Lot of pressure, deadlines but very enjoyable work atmosphere.

Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthe company has good benefits Good Benefits.

ConsPersonal growth is limited or non existent. My advice is to leave the company after 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are all totally out of touch with reality

Amazing company for personal development and growth

Tech (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExtensive vendor training, diverse vendor support opportunities, coworkers have respect for each other, ability to be recongized amongst the sea of employees, good healtcare coverage, 401k, work life balance.

ConsThere can be a lot of micromanagement if you are not properly fit for your position, specific positions are metric driven for compensation so understand what you are applying for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to your direct reports, hold quarterly one on ones to understand their future goals and aspirations.

Stable company in Buffalo, but management leaves a bit to be desired.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Williamsville, NY

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCulture is employee focused for the most part. Can bring ideas to the table that will be heard and potentially implemented.

ConsCompensation is not consistent; people doing the same job could be $15-25K apart. Putting people into management roles for sheer convenience rather than based on abilities. No room for growth on the operations side.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure you know the culture and role your associates play and be able to back them up. Don't just put someone into a leadership role because they are visible to you on a daily basis, rather hire the right leadership to help drive the teams.

Enjoyed the people I worked alongside.

Engineering Technician (Former Employee)
Plainfield, IN

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMajority of the associates are hard working people trying to do their job.

ConsIt is like all large companies their concern is not the people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to understand the people who actually do the work.

I've had a pretty good experience so far

Vendor Marketing Manager I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work/life balance, great co-workers.

Consa lot of processes with lack of clarity, takes longer to finish tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more organization and process training

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingram Micro reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monie. All 214 reviews posted anonymously by Ingram Micro employees.