Ingram Micro Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great environment and good salary

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to make good money if you work as a Sales Rep

Cons

If you work as a Support Rep, you will be working very hard and watching everyone else having fun

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between Support and Sales and make it enjoyable for everyone

It's chaos

Former Employee - Forklift/Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Mira Loma, CA
    Former Employee - Forklift/Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Mira Loma, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, not much else

Cons

Hours can be cut for no reason, hours can also increase for mandatory OT with no time off for 3 weeks straight during the holidays, NO WAY TO ADVANCE. Hard work and loyalty is not rewarded at all, but kissing up to Team Leads is, even when the person is woefully unqualified for the promotion. Team Leads/Middle Management play favorites and make for an unhappy work environment

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, reward hard work and loyalty, get ORGANIZED

3. Channel Partner Manager

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Ingram Micro (More than a year)

Pros

Large company and world wide

Cons

Pay is poor compared to industry

Advice to Management

Raise the pay level

Sr. Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time

Pros

You'll meet lifelong friends here. You'll also learn as much about the business as you desire. Opportunity to build great connections in the industry. Benefits package is pretty good comparatively speaking. You can move up fast in the lower levels if you work hard.

Cons

I spent many years at Ingram Micro. I truly enjoyed most of my time there. Unfortunately over the past few years the company has really gone down hill. The politics are out of control. I really don't understand (and I don't think most do) why they got rid of some great executive leadership, but kept others that already have problems with their ethics and reputation. HR actively protects bad leaders by pushing out employees with trumped up charges. Basically, they don't have the courtesy of laying you off if they can fire you over a minor grievance such as taking a personal call at work). The marketing department is now full of executive leadership that refuses to deal with problems that have existed for many years. If you dare question why these issues aren't addressed or if you even provide an alternative idea, you are placed on the naughty list. The middle management of the department specifically tells their staff to not voice complaints to upper management. The executive management team in marketing has lost almost all respect from their fellow IM execs. I don't think marketing has launch one major program that was priced for the market or launched on time. This results in low trust from the vendors and cross functional teams like sales and vendor management. But they will continue to produce low value/high cost programs because they value margin above all else.

Advice to Management

Why bother, you've heard the message loud and clear, but instead of actually fixing anything you've decided to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars launching all new marketing materials with a new logo and are planning a big move to a more expensive city. All in an effort impress stockholders? Keep up with the Jones'? Please tell me what the "Promise of Technology" is suppose to say to customers? It's an embarrassingly bad tag line. But since you asked, you need to really evaluate the senior staff. Let HR do their job and clean up all levels of employees. Get rid of dead weight even if they are cheap dead weight. No one is important enough to keep if their behavior damages your reputation. Hire at the going rate for that position. You are still 10-20% below going rate for the same level job in the industry. I'd suggest you move to a lower cost state. There is no way to achieve the same level margin as your competitors unless you move to an area where it is less expensive to operate. If you don't I guess your employees can expect layoffs every other year per usual.

6. Field Technical Consultant

Current Employee - Field Technical Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Technical Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, stable and not the stress of your standard Fortune 500 company. Some of the best folks I've worked with in my 16+ year technical career.

Cons

Some surprises if you are a remote worker. Communication focuses on the main offices and remote workers need to spend more cycles then they should keeping up with some initiatives.

Advice to Management

Engage remote workers more.

Horrible HR and Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

I worked at Ingram Micro (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and evolving work environment Opportunities to learn new skills Good sense of camaraderie among teams Encourages volunteering and community involvement

Cons

No room for growth or advancement Too many managers with conflicting directives Required to set annual goals but given no support in reaching them Backstabbing HR department that does not investigate complaints and informs leadership when a complaint has been filed against them so retaliatory measures can be taken Inefficient and unsuccessful attempts at implementing lean tools Little training for entry-level employees and no training for salaried positions Constantly misplacing high-value inventory Falsifies documentation to misrepresent business to customers

Advice to Management

Be honest to your employees and your customers. Attempting to keep accounts through dishonest means will only hurt the business in the end. Take a good, hard look at who is in charge and determine whether they are actually doing what they say they are doing. Evaluate management's effectiveness based on the big picture.

8. I love Ingram

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Good work life balance 9-5 m-f gig that pays good for the area.

Cons

There are none I can think of

9. Inside Sales

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

Benefits are great for the area

Cons

Being able to move up in the company

10. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Great workmates. Leisurely work environment. Good Benefits

Cons

Management is very detached from the business Layoff in North America every 2 years, no matter how good the profits were the previous year. Very focused on outsourcing I.T. and middle management jobs to the Phillipines. Doesn't seem to care about investing in American workers and quality, they seem to only care about the bottom line at the expense of hurting there own business and losing those with years of business knowledge. Would not recommend this place for anyone working in the Information Technology field.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing is NOT the answer, invest in your own country. You are part of the problem in today's United States.

It was a good experience but this company is very outdated. Needs to get with the program. Literally.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

Good personnel, great incentives, compensation

Cons

Poor management, lack of training

RSS Feed </> Embed