Ingram Micro Reviews

Sr. Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time

Pros

You'll meet lifelong friends here. You'll also learn as much about the business as you desire. Opportunity to build great connections in the industry. Benefits package is pretty good comparatively speaking. You can move up fast in the lower levels if you work hard.

Cons

I spent many years at Ingram Micro. I truly enjoyed most of my time there. Unfortunately over the past few years the company has really gone down hill. The politics are out of control. I really don't understand (and I don't think most do) why they got rid of some great executive leadership, but kept others that already have problems with their ethics and reputation. HR actively protects bad leaders by pushing out employees with trumped up charges. Basically, they don't have the courtesy of laying you off if they can fire you over a minor grievance such as taking a personal call at work). The marketing department is now full of executive leadership that refuses to deal with problems that have existed for many years. If you dare question why these issues aren't addressed or if you even provide an alternative idea, you are placed on the naughty list. The middle management of the department specifically tells their staff to not voice complaints to upper management. The executive management team in marketing has lost almost all respect from their fellow IM execs. I don't think marketing has launch one major program that was priced for the market or launched on time. This results in low trust from the vendors and cross functional teams like sales and vendor management. But they will continue to produce low value/high cost programs because they value margin above all else.

Advice to Management

Why bother, you've heard the message loud and clear, but instead of actually fixing anything you've decided to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars launching all new marketing materials with a new logo and are planning a big move to a more expensive city. All in an effort impress stockholders? Keep up with the Jones'? Please tell me what the "Promise of Technology" is suppose to say to customers? It's an embarrassingly bad tag line. But since you asked, you need to really evaluate the senior staff. Let HR do their job and clean up all levels of employees. Get rid of dead weight even if they are cheap dead weight. No one is important enough to keep if their behavior damages your reputation. Hire at the going rate for that position. You are still 10-20% below going rate for the same level job in the industry. I'd suggest you move to a lower cost state. There is no way to achieve the same level margin as your competitors unless you move to an area where it is less expensive to operate. If you don't I guess your employees can expect layoffs every other year per usual.

2. Making a difference on a daily basis

Current Employee - Cloud Business Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Cloud Business Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging projects to work on. Opportunity to make direct impact to business.

Cons

lots of approval layers can take time to get things completed. Teams run lean, more with less.

3. Great Company Overall - Moving in the right direction!

Current Employee - Director in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, competitive compensation, good benefits, great culture to advance the business, great people!

Cons

Challenging work, tight deadlines, low margin business (do more with less)

Ingram Micro

Former Employee - Information Technology in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

Large global company and a big employer in Orange County

Cons

Low margin business, not employee friendly, long hours, constant organizational changes and lay-offs

Advice to Management

Encourage innovation versus just buying new companies and not fully integrating them

“Place for people who like to do monotonous work ”

Former Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

Good learning experience and friendly environment

Cons

work extra hours and management expect you to work on holidays, weekends and Call anytime they need.

7. Noting special nothing too bad

Former Employee - Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are pretty good. People are pretty nice. Growth largely depends on which group you are with. Would say slow upward opps once you get to Director level.

Cons

Folks mostly stay within their own departments. Senior manage seem out of touch with most the associates. Not very accessible. Lots of outside hires.

8. Good work environment and great people

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Big company. Good place to get some experience and so many directions to develop your career in within the company.

Cons

Not very agile in adopting change. Not as much marketing as I thought I would be doing (more administrative stuff/accounting/event planning/sales).

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and consider how their suggested improvements could be implemented.

Place for people who like to do monotonous work

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For freshers an excellent place to learn and explore.No delay in Salary.Flexible timings.Work life balance can be achieved.

Cons

Politics like any other IT companies,low pay, poor senior management, Hardwork or smartwork not the criteria for growth.

10. Huge corporate environment with a private company feeling

Current Employee - Accountant I in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant I in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't speak for other departments but my manager instills teamwork and takes the role of a mentor more than anything. Compensation is fair and their medical, dental, and vision benefits are great. Personal growth is totally up to the employee to ensure that he/she is always asking for more projects.

Cons

Not much room to grow in title, however, salary increases every year.

Poor Compensation - Poor Team Spirit - Horrible Management

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of my team never even showed up to work, and would just randomly email you that they decided to work remote for the day. You pretty much make your own schedule. No one is micromanaging you

Cons

No potential job growth because they love to put people in a box - strict rules about how you have to be in your same position for over a year before you can change roles. So many people are leaving the company constantly that they don't want to promote anyone because the turn-over rate is already so high. Poor management - most people in management are only in that position because of "how long" they have worked there, not because of their skill set. My manager spent long hours surfing the web, looking at gossip columns online, or just plain gossiping in general.

Advice to Management

Too much like a sorority where girls are gossiping and trying to stab each other in the back.

RSS Feed </> Embed