Ingredion Reviews

Reset
3.3
Ingredion Chairman, President, and CEO Ilene S. Gordon
Ilene S. Gordon

Great organization to grow and develop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Pros

Financial success Organization committed to development (all professionals have career development plan) Highly focused on continuous improvement, safety and sustainability

Cons

Need to leverage technology more even though we are improving Benefits are good although some other companies have better medical cost coverage

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employees development, operational improvement and overall growth. Don't let our success make us complacent.

Great values, solid performance, bright future!

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed working at Ingredion for the last several years. The company is involved in many wonderful corporate citizenship / outreach activities throughout the world. I have had the opportunity to progress in my career in part due to the robust process that is in place for employee development. The financial performance of the organization has been very positive - despite the global economic situation. Management takes the long term view and is committed to the success of the company.

Cons

Happy with commitment to work life balance that is shown through 'Summer Hours' program at some locations. Could be even better by adding additional flexibility, including telecommuting as more of an option where possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on career development of employees within the company.

Growing company, solid leadership, promising future

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good focus on internal development - each employee has a midyear CAREER discussion with their manager where they discuss areas for growth...either within the job or towards a different one. This is one of the only companies I have seen do this. Solid business model - the leadership does a good job or helping us to understand the strategy and how we each have an impact. All of our goals are actually linked to goals above us, and so on to make sure that everyone is moving in the same direction. The new brand (Ingredion vs former Corn Products) is exciting and helps to show the company's new focus.

Cons

Ingredion offers a good work life balance...periodic casual Fridays, summer hours at some locations, and some ability to connect from home. It makes sense for some jobs to be able to work from home more often. Other jobs, it makes sense why that is not possible. Progressing the work from home policy a bit could help. Overall though, this is not a huge Con, as I feel like I can connect from home if i really need to without it being a problem.

Advice to Management

- Continue along current path to grow business. - Communication to employees though quarterly global webinars is appreciated. - Would love to see more opportunities for Ingredion to get publicity

Growing Company, Competitive Pay, Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is known for making acquisitions and growing globally - very profitable. - Pay is competitive: merit increases are reasonable and significant bonuses are paid. - CEO is focused on building shareholder value and safety. - They like to promote within; lots of lateral moves and room to grow.. - The people are very friendly and supportive of your growth within the company.

Cons

- Depending on what group you work in, work-life balance may be challenging compared to other groups. It's a con, but this is common for most public companies.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to devote efforts in developing their team and promoting within the company. It drives the employee to perform at exceptional levels knowing that they will be recognized and compensated for their hard work.

6. Extremely rewarding experience with a solid, growing company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my experience, hard work has paid off. If you're willing to put in the effort, you will be rewarded. In terms of both promotions and salary increases. Solid leadership team, striving to improve the talent that already exists within the Company and raising the bar for potential employees. Growing, global company, which translates into a plethora of opportunities across the world. Competitive pay, excellent benefits and bonuses. Merit increases accurately reflect the effort that you decide to put into your work, as I will revert to my first point, if you put in the effort, you will be compensated accordingly. Culture of the Company is changing for the better, as the Company wants to be competitive, innovative, and of course extremely successful while also maintaining the same level of integrity that the Company has exhibited over the last 100 years.

Cons

Some pockets of the Company are still affected by ineffective leaders and management. Although, with the positive actions the leadership team has taken, combined with the culture change, this obstacle should be surpassed. Communication across departments can be challenging at times, with ego's and individuals being unaccountable for their own actions to blame. Along with the first point, I believe this situation will improve with the direction the senior management has outlined.

Advice to Management

Job extremely well done over the past few years. The ability to grow and increase shareholder value during the most difficult economic times in recent, and even not so recent memory, is admirable. With that said, I think the only advice I can give is to further develop the great people that work so hard to keep this company successful. Especially when it comes to leadership and management skills. The future of this company depends on the ability of its leaders to motivate and encourage their employees to give everything they have to maintain and surpass the successful path that the Company has already traveled.

I currently work for Ingredion. Over 12 years now.

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Employee Appreciation events and activities are very helpful in keeping morale up.

Cons

I see too many employees staying most of the evening into the night working. Seems like its the expectation.

Advice to Management

Provide some flexibility to your direct reports and encourage them to go home! and spend some time with their families. It is so important and it gives employees the desire and will to come to work feeling like their work/life balance is satisfactory. Certainly people feel energized when they are not being burned out by work and can go home and eat dinner at the dinner hour instead of 9:00 at night because of work. I enjoy seeing people go home during summer hours!

8. Great Company

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Upward Mobility, Wonderful People

Cons

Compensation is below industry standard and benefits aren't great

Advice to Management

Keep your ear to the ground and really listen to the employees at the plant level

9. Great Company

I have been working at Ingredion (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company, great opportunities. great people.

Cons

Can find a lot of red tape for basic issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at opportunities outside of HFCS

10. I loved working at Ingredion! They care about their employees more than any company Ive worked for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westchester, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westchester, IL

I worked at Ingredion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the best manager at Ingredion that I've ever worked for. They care about their employees & everyone works as a team. It was someplace most people would want to retire from.

Cons

Honestly there were no huge down sides.

Great Job

Former Employee - Operator Mechanic in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operator Mechanic in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Pay, Great benefits, lots of overtime

Cons

Shift work, last minute 16 hour shifts.. Ingredion works on a work relief system. Which means i can come in ready for an 8 hour shift but if your relief doesnt show, then you have to stay and cover the next shift..

RSS Feed </> Embed