Ingredion

www.ingredion.com

Ingredion Reviews

Updated May 8, 2014
Ingredion – US – “ingredion”

Ingredion Chairman, President, and CEO Ilene S. Gordon

Ilene S. Gordon

Good people, working experience can vary

ProsThere are many nice helpful people in the company. Work life balance are usually good in most departments. However, like any company, it all depends on your supervisor. Global company with opportunity to promote across region.

ConsWorking experience varies extremely in different department and location. Limited raise if you stay in the same position. Hence, not good for day-to-day jobs that have limited depth in career path. Favoritism in promotion are sometimes obvious. Outside the people on fast track, promotion frequency are low or non-existence . Pay doesn't always align with people's competency and importance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain talents. Give raise to talented employee and focus more on teamwork.

Work life at Ingredion (Corn Products)

Operator (Former Employee) Summit, IL

ProsThis was a very good job, very competitive pay, this job was never boring and they let you do your job once you're trained.

ConsSwing shifts is hard to adjust t.o

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce again swing shifts is very hard to adjust to.

Very good overall stable company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

Prosdiversity of research groups and product applications, balance of work & life if you can focus, corporate awareness of recognition, promotion of good work morals, pushing for sustainability, internal employee training, people

Conslittle oversight of management styles and training, research ideas are too strictly managed

Advice to Senior Managementtraining on how innovation happens, enforce open book policy for all employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed Working for Ingredion

Associate, Cereal Science (Former Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

ProsEthical company; good growth opportunities

ConsSlow in innovation; Big on innovation process; Boring work

Good experience, tough environment

Lab (Former Employee)

ProsDiverse experience, fast pace, opportunities for learning, various training available, cross experiences encouraged

ConsDetached upper management, some supervisors do a lot of babysitting- lack of trust, lack of communication

Satisfied with company until the acquisition Of National Starch

Engineering (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal exposure and ability to move through the company. There are opportunities to grow in the company and progress your career. This appears to be a good place to start your career to be able to move on to another company, as most of the more experienced employers have chosen as their option.

ConsLack of respect for experience, detached upper management. The new company is being lead by the National Starch group and they have very little respect for experience and will opt to hire new unproven PhD's to fill needs. The new group in Bridgewater spends about 90% of their time internally selling projects, very little new ideas. The general opinion of the employees is to pad their resume so they can move on to something else.
    Very little industry experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany desperately needs an efficiency study. The new company has a lot of employees doing busy work focusing on internal sales of management ideas that have little impact on the company future. A lot of focus is on empire building with little focus understanding products.

Great Company

ProsGreat company, great opportunities. great people.

ConsCan find a lot of red tape for basic issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look at opportunities outside of HFCS

Various Operations Positions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company. Great CEO Does a great job developing people. Large diverse line of products.

ConsNone really, just a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it growing

It was great! The crew are some of the best that I've had the pleasure of working with

Material Handling & Storage Specialist (Former Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsFun & exciting, great group of men to work with

ConsManagement needs to listen & believe in their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in their employees

Big company with small company feel

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

ProsOwnership - you have the ability to make decisions and changes to improve your work and the company performance. We can choose to change our career path if we have other interests and there is a need for the business.

ConsNot having enough resources to meet our customer needs and priority changes. Starting and stopping work is inefficient and this leave work undone and upsetting customers.

Worked for Ingredion? Contribute to the Community!