Injured Workers Pharmacy

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

KENNETH F. MARTINO JR., CPCU

My time spend at IWP was very rewarding and a great learning experience.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement truly cares about the employees. They host company events and parties, promote wellness, and have a great benefit plan. There are definitely opportunities for growth here as well.

ConsDifficult to get outcomes from IT regarding issues in databases.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Company went from family/community atmosphere to corporate only profit matters

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits
Friendly coworkers
New gym facility for employees
Company looking to expand in different markets

ConsPoor management
Low wages
Advancement is limited
High turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees and give them a chance to advance. Reward employees for hard work. Annual 1-2% raise barely covers cost of living. Do not lay off your best talent because they are making more than everyone. Start being truthful with employees, they are not sheep and generally want to know what is going on with the company and some of the big changes.

A company with very low qualified, low skilled and less talented managerial people

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

ProsFree flu shot program and similar minor programs!

ConsThe biggest drawback for this company is its mid level managerial people. They all are less educated and low skilled people. Eventually no space for talented/smart working people! If some one continues to work here it is because they are either low skilled or low life person! I'll quit soon!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave right people to manage your employees! Ask them reasons for what they do! Recognize talent and identify mediocres!

I am very lucky to work here

Sales (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

ProsHonest company. Great benefits. Great pay(sales). Great service. I can be cynical, but I can say this is the first place I have worked where I really believed the company cared about and was loyal to their employees. Just very generous, from compensation to benefits to office parties.

ConsI feel I have to really search to come up with anything negative to say. The 401k match could be higher I suppose. Certain departments aren't as well run there as others, and that can impact you sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wouldn't change much. Keep doing what you are doing.

Good people, working for a good cause but new owners are squeezing the bottom line.

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can really help some people stuck in workers compensation hell get the medicine they need.

ConsMore promises to employees then delivered.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter time usage for management. They are pulled in too many different directions to be focused on any one issue.

Despite immense growth and changes, IWP is still a great employer!

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSeeing the reviews below, I'm saddened that only disgruntled employees took the time to review the company. In my 5+ years with IWP, I saw many changes and was promoted a few times. The pay scale is definitely competitive and the benefits package is unheard of for such a small company!

The environment is certainly more corporate than it was when I first started but this is necessary for any business in its adolescent phase. The company still does invest more in its employees than many, especially in the Southern NH/NE MA area.

Other pros:
- Supportive work environment
- Great coworkers
- Lots of company events/recognition
- Lots of food!
- Room for advancement as the company grows
- Earned dress-down days
- Laid-back environment
- Loyal patients and clients

ConsAs I previously said, the company is growing/expanding rapidly so there are some growing pains. For those of us who had been with the company since before the change in management, it was hard to adjust to the new management paradigms. If you prefer working in a small business/start up environment, this isn't the place for you.

There is also sometimes a little too much finger pointing between departments and not enough focus on working together toward resolution but this happens with most companies, regardless of size.

The greatest con that I saw was the lack of advancement but the company was working on creating additional training and promotion opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know that I'm qualified to give advice to sr. management, but I would caution them to be weary of promoting due to favoritism (rather than skill/expertise) and to keep remembering that the company would be nothing without all the dedicated employees supporting its objectives.

run, dont walk away

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy for more than 3 years

Prosseriously can't think of one

Consterrible management, liars, cheap, high sales rep turnover, money hungry, embarrassingly low sales rep base salary w a universal state to state unrealistic commission goal, pay for and buy relationships with lawyers & MDs because thats the only way they can obtain business...by bribing, cutting deals & putting money in people's back pockets

Advice to Senior Managementrespect and value the sales reps

A Learning Experience

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay, monthly overtime, company parties, most coworkers were pleasant to work with. I was hired to fill medications, which I really enjoyed.

ConsWhen hired I was told that more of the day shift hours would be acquired by seniority, which was not the case. Working the 12:30 - 9pm shift was no good if you like to work, the workflow slowed down a lot in the afternoon. In the department I was in there was a lot of favoritism, upper management was so obvious in how they treated employees differently based on if they thought the girl was pretty or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees fairly, don't pick and choose favorites.

Not very good, no communication.

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy

ProsPleasant working environment and pleasant fellow employees.

ConsNo room for growth or advancement, no praise for a job well done they are quick to point fingers and write up employees for their mistakes. Some managers, do not even bother speaking with employees to see what they are working on or if they are making deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what your employees are doing don't ask other people and give them fair reviews. Don't be so quick to reprimand employees until you figure out what is going on. COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE! Also, instead of putting all your focus on your account managers think about the people working in the office, IWP tends to favor the account managers and treat the office like crap.

Sales Rep

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good sales tools - phone, computer, GPS .
Very nice home office people, professional approach, very dependable and customer focused.
Pharmacist top notch and run a very tight Pharmacy.

Conssales management turnover, sales rep turnover, constantly changing sales approach, and requirement for documenting each sales call and milage after each sales meeting.
In 4 years I had 5 managers, I watched as sales reps came and went so often it became a joke.
Each year or so they would march out with a "winning sales approach" then followed by a new flavor.

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest about the difference between the different states.

Worked for Injured Workers Pharmacy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Injured Workers Pharmacy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Injured Workers Pharmacy CEO KENNETH F. MARTINO JR., CPCU. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Injured Workers Pharmacy employees.