Injured Workers Pharmacy

2.9

KENNETH F. MARTINO JR., CPCU

intern

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy

Pros

very friendly coworkers and staff

Cons

travel time, lots of traffic both ways

people are nice

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

people are nice there and a lot of free events

Cons

Senior team is not good

My time spend at IWP was very rewarding and a great learning experience.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management truly cares about the employees. They host company events and parties, promote wellness, and have a great benefit plan. There are definitely opportunities for growth here as well.

Cons

Difficult to get outcomes from IT regarding issues in databases.

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company went from family/community atmosphere to corporate only profit matters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits
    Friendly coworkers
    New gym facility for employees
    Company looking to expand in different markets

Cons

Poor management
    Low wages
    Advancement is limited
    High turnover rate

Start caring about your employees and give them a chance to advance. Reward employees for hard work. Annual 1-2% raise barely covers cost of living. Do not lay off your best talent because they are making more than everyone. Start being truthful with employees, they are not sheep and generally want to know what is going on with the company and some of the big changes.

A company with very low qualified, low skilled and less talented managerial people

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Free flu shot program and similar minor programs!

Cons

The biggest drawback for this company is its mid level managerial people. They all are less educated and low skilled people. Eventually no space for talented/smart working people! If some one continues to work here it is because they are either low skilled or low life person! I'll quit soon!

Have right people to manage your employees! Ask them reasons for what they do! Recognize talent and identify mediocres!

I am very lucky to work here

Current Employee - Sales  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honest company. Great benefits. Great pay(sales). Great service. I can be cynical, but I can say this is the first place I have worked where I really believed the company cared about and was loyal to their employees. Just very generous, from compensation to benefits to office parties.

Cons

I feel I have to really search to come up with anything negative to say. The 401k match could be higher I suppose. Certain departments aren't as well run there as others, and that can impact you sometimes.

I wouldn't change much. Keep doing what you are doing.

Good people, working for a good cause but new owners are squeezing the bottom line.

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can really help some people stuck in workers compensation hell get the medicine they need.

Cons

More promises to employees then delivered.

Better time usage for management. They are pulled in too many different directions to be focused on any one issue.

Despite immense growth and changes, IWP is still a great employer!

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Seeing the reviews below, I'm saddened that only disgruntled employees took the time to review the company. In my 5+ years with IWP, I saw many changes and was promoted a few times. The pay scale is definitely competitive and the benefits package is unheard of for such a small company!

The environment is certainly more corporate than it was when I first started but this is necessary for any business in its adolescent phase. The company still does invest more in its employees than many, especially in the Southern NH/NE MA area.

Other pros:
    - Supportive work environment
    - Great coworkers
    - Lots of company events/recognition
    - Lots of food!
    - Room for advancement as the company grows
    - Earned dress-down days
    - Laid-back environment
    - Loyal patients and clients

Cons

As I previously said, the company is growing/expanding rapidly so there are some growing pains. For those of us who had been with the company since before the change in management, it was hard to adjust to the new management paradigms. If you prefer working in a small business/start up environment, this isn't the place for you.

There is also sometimes a little too much finger pointing between departments and not enough focus on working together toward resolution but this happens with most companies, regardless of size.

The greatest con that I saw was the lack of advancement but the company was working on creating additional training and promotion opportunities.

I don't know that I'm qualified to give advice to sr. management, but I would caution them to be weary of promoting due to favoritism (rather than skill/expertise) and to keep remembering that the company would be nothing without all the dedicated employees supporting its objectives.

run, dont walk away

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy for more than 3 years

Pros

seriously can't think of one

Cons

terrible management, liars, cheap, high sales rep turnover, money hungry, embarrassingly low sales rep base salary w a universal state to state unrealistic commission goal, pay for and buy relationships with lawyers & MDs because thats the only way they can obtain business...by bribing, cutting deals & putting money in people's back pockets

respect and value the sales reps

A Learning Experience

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, monthly overtime, company parties, most coworkers were pleasant to work with. I was hired to fill medications, which I really enjoyed.

Cons

When hired I was told that more of the day shift hours would be acquired by seniority, which was not the case. Working the 12:30 - 9pm shift was no good if you like to work, the workflow slowed down a lot in the afternoon. In the department I was in there was a lot of favoritism, upper management was so obvious in how they treated employees differently based on if they thought the girl was pretty or not.

Treat employees fairly, don't pick and choose favorites.

Worked for Injured Workers Pharmacy? Contribute to the Community!