Ink Reviews

Reset
2.6
Ink Joint CEO-HQ Simon Leslie/Michael Keating
Simon Leslie/Michael Keating

Pros
  • Fun environment and fast paced, good training, good sales culture (in 3 reviews)

• This isn't a place for slackers - hard work earns respect, advancement and financial reward (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Commission structure is altered when the wind blows the wrong way (in 6 reviews)

• Enormous turnover of employees in revolving door policy (in 6 reviews)

You Get What You Put In

I have been working at Ink full-time

Pros

Fun people, office & atmosphere
    Work Hard, Play Hard attitude
    Opportunity to grow your own career and be rewarded for what you put into it
    Vision and support.

Cons

It's not necessarily a con, but. sales can be stressful. It's not for everyone and closing = pressure.

Advice to Management

We need more collaborative communication tools. There is so much technology out there available at a low cost. It would be great to see, chat with and learn more from our counterparts across the globe.

Prostitution is a better choice than working at INK

I worked at Ink

Pros

The only good thing about INK is that when you leave you'll have perspective. You'll never complain about how bad work is, about bad management, about dysfunctional environment, because ANYTHING after this place will feel like a walk in the park.

Cons

One star is too many - they deserve zero stars. The ONLY good reviews on here were written by Gerry or Simon. Guaranteed. You can hear it in their tone - posturing, pontificating, blaming... These two pride themselves on psychological warfare, good cop bad cop behavior. They lead with fear and chaos, making everyone around them feel like their on the verge of being fired because they think it's motivating. They enjoy creating a sales environment that's like a pit of snakes or a back alley dogfight wherein the entire "team" is fighting so hard for the "deal a day" that they undercut, lie and steal, and try to sell outside of their territories - anything they can do to get the "deal" - meanwhile, there is no order and nobody behaves with professional courtesy or self respect. NONE of the managers have any power, everything is in the hands of these two. Gerry and Simon pride themselves on attrition. They think people leave because they just "can't handle pressure" - WRONG, they leave because they have self respect and won't have their livelihood threatened on a daily basis by a couple people who can barley string a sentence together. The only people who should consider a job here, or consider staying at INK are those who have an incessant need for drama & Chaos, don't have any other options, who have no intelligence or who enjoy screwing people over because that's the only way you can succeed there - by playing nasty and by devaluing yourself and those around you. That's the example that leadership sets and the environment they foster. GROSS!

Advice to Management

Hire someone else to run your company before you run it into the ground. Eventually all your clients will leave you when they realize what their brands are associated with.

THE REAL INK IS GOING UNDER, DON'T BOTHER CONSIDERING WORKING HERE!!!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Ink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once again like every year, management is posting new 5 star reviews, last comment.....smell the coffee......Really????? Coffee is for closers???? So weak and old fashion.

Cons

Its bad enough that all the magazines are falling short in sales. The comments about the sales people not selling.....some are true. But if you take away the commissions of people and they are making less every year, how is people really motivated? Simon Leslie is one of the best liars there is in the world......specially with his entrepreneur radio interview, where he invests all in people. That is the biggest LIE ever. If he really invest in people why has all the quality sellers left? A lot of contradictions. And you can see Management is concerned on where the money will come from.....I think the company will go under. The same comments other people do here about the real INK and how they squeeze the people and make them earn less and less, until they leave. Like all the good sales people that have worked in Ink.

Advice to Management

Stop writing good reviews, change or you will have to sell the company, unless you are already considering that before you file bankruptcy.....

Had to live it and see it to believe it!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Ink

Pros

Management says there are lots, unfortunately they are not. I have worked here and witness all the sadinkness.

Cons

They make you feel miserable every time they can. If you deliver as they want you to deliver, they increase the budgets and goals to a unrealistic number, so you won't get there. Only if you are a girl and don't deliver they keep you, because they will ask for special favors and some women will agree. In all the offices is the same and they think people don't talk but they do. All the employees share their experiences and talk to each other. In the Atlanta office they use to have 4 magazines, now they say have 3 and is actually 2 if you want to count the "first class" magazine. In London they lost KLM and in Singapore also a lot of titles they repeat in the website so you think they have a lot. They wonder why people are not selling, but never think of asking why we are so demotivated because of all they have taken away from us, like commission. Every year they gather in different parts of the world to "plan" how they will screw the employees and the succeed in doing this, because the commission is lower every time. In the close future we will have to pay them to work here. As other comments state here, stay away like the plague. I'm looking for another position ASAP. If we are so happy why so many lost magazines and people leaving the company????

Advice to Management

Do something new instead of just writing good reviews here, actually change so we don't want to leave!!!

Same bad management across the pond in Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, kind, Pleasant co workers.

Cons

Office culture, (what culture)?. Very poorly priced product. You cannot sell something that cost twice as much as your competitors but has less readership. Print is dying, its a hard sell. Most importantly you are not given proper tools to succeed. Poor computer systems, outdated programs. One of the most disorganized places i have seen.

Advice to Management

Get organized, build a company culture, invest in some resources, update your outdated programs.

Hell must be a nicer place than Ink

I worked at Ink full-time

Pros

Short notice periods so you can be out of your misery after a few days! I guess that´s the best thing about their employment contract.

Cons

The Managers treat you like kids.

They don´t trust you to do a good job but micro-manage you to death.

Expect you to work late in the evenings and weekends to do your lead sourcing.

Poor basic salary.

Commission structure will be changed at will whenever they believe people earn too much (such as 6%).

Yes, they will tell you day in day out that their teams go on great incentive trips whenever they overachieve their targets. They want all employees to be ever so grateful for this. But in the end, they only pay for these short trips by the commission they do not pay out to those who are fired or who resign because they are so fed up with all the bulls**t that goes on every single day.

Don´t expect to see the commission for big series deals as they will only be paid out when the magazines are published. They will not pay out in advance, secretly hoping you won´t be there anymore when the commission is due. Sounds like daft management practice to hope for good bookers to leave? Well, yes, I guess it is daft!

As mentioned by others here: Early morning energy sessions that include jumping up and down, the Conga through the office and many more kindergarten style activities to increase your energy levels before you hit the phone. Oh, did I tell you about the MINIMUM of 2 1/2 hrs on the phone every single day?

In summary: The worst management style and culture I´ve ever come across. So happy not to be working for them anymore.

Sales Exec Ink Publishing

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

opportunity to make good money

Cons

high-pressure job with major expectations

Advice to Management

less mirco-managing

Fast Paced - Must be Self Motivated - Lucrative if You Can work Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ink

Pros

Exciting environment, with a fast paced attitude. Very Hard work, takes a while to ramp up, but when you're in the groove you can make a decent living.

Cons

Huge Turnover, extremely frank management, not your typical "9-5", extremely quick-turn transactional expectations in a tough market to sell into.

Advice to Management

Better benefits, retirement plan, training, and solid trust between management and employees is crucial to a sales-based organization that would hold a stellar reputation among jobseekers.

10. A true account of life at ink

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ink (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity
    Pressure (its a privilege management care so they push)
    Money
    Travel
    Development

Cons

Long hours
    Steep learning curve (this is a con to lazy people only)

Advice to Management

Ignore glass door, the fact is its used by disgruntled LAZY ex employees to vent after being fired or people that just couldn't sell.

I've worked a lot of jobs in my life and finally I'm working for a company that keeps promises and has improved my life beyond belief.

I have been to 6 countries this year thanks to ink and plenty more to come, I'll be buying a home next year and I have incredible people in my life.

Ink didn't go from looking after 1 regional airline in Africa with 1 plane to looking after the largest in the world by doing things wrong. American airlines, KLM, easyJet etc they aren't stupid they work with ink for a reason.

Sales is hard its why I'm paid so much...

I would dare anyone who writes a negative review to include their name, if its all truth why not?

Excellent company, would recommend all day long

Former Employee - SD in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SD in London, England (UK)

I worked at Ink

Pros

Errrr loads actually....number 1 media company in the world in its sector, working on airline partner brands that are known throughout the world, global travel, real career prospects for those that actually want a career, high earnings for those that actually want to make a difference, surrounded by those that know what they are talking about and you can learn from, working with advertisers that are household names..many many pros in working for Ink..when someone says "sales is hard"..really they are saying "sales is not for me"..fair enough don't do sales.

Cons

As with every sales house in the world..if you under perform you wont succeed, if you don't care you wont succeed, if you have a bad attitude you wont succeed, if you believe that 2 out of 8 hours on the phone a day selling global products is to much then..wait for it..yes wont succeed...their not Ink's cons, they are sales cons.

Advice to Management

Great leaders that inspire, motivate and can develop staff are key...you have quality at Ink and the future will be great for all those that understand "it's part of the plan"

RSS Feed </> Embed