Ink Reviews

Fast Paced - Must be Self Motivated - Lucrative if You Can work Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ink

Pros

Exciting environment, with a fast paced attitude. Very Hard work, takes a while to ramp up, but when you're in the groove you can make a decent living.

Cons

Huge Turnover, extremely frank management, not your typical "9-5", extremely quick-turn transactional expectations in a tough market to sell into.

Better benefits, retirement plan, training, and solid trust between management and employees is crucial to a sales-based organization that would hold a stellar reputation among jobseekers.

Had to live it and see it to believe it!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Ink

Pros

Management says there are lots, unfortunately they are not. I have worked here and witness all the sadinkness.

Cons

They make you feel miserable every time they can. If you deliver as they want you to deliver, they increase the budgets and goals to a unrealistic number, so you won't get there. Only if you are a girl and don't deliver they keep you, because they will ask for special favors and some women will agree. In all the offices is the same and they think people don't talk but they do. All the employees share their experiences and talk to each other. In the Atlanta office they use to have 4 magazines, now they say have 3 and is actually 2 if you want to count the "first class" magazine. In London they lost KLM and in Singapore also a lot of titles they repeat in the website so you think they have a lot. They wonder why people are not selling, but never think of asking why we are so demotivated because of all they have taken away from us, like commission. Every year they gather in different parts of the world to "plan" how they will screw the employees and the succeed in doing this, because the commission is lower every time. In the close future we will have to pay them to work here. As other comments state here, stay away like the plague. I'm looking for another position ASAP. If we are so happy why so many lost magazines and people leaving the company????

Do something new instead of just writing good reviews here, actually change so we don't want to leave!!!

Same bad management across the pond in Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice, kind, Pleasant co workers.

Cons

Office culture, (what culture)?. Very poorly priced product. You cannot sell something that cost twice as much as your competitors but has less readership. Print is dying, its a hard sell. Most importantly you are not given proper tools to succeed. Poor computer systems, outdated programs. One of the most disorganized places i have seen.

Get organized, build a company culture, invest in some resources, update your outdated programs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hell must be a nicer place than Ink

I worked at Ink full-time

Pros

Short notice periods so you can be out of your misery after a few days! I guess that´s the best thing about their employment contract.

Cons

The Managers treat you like kids.

They don´t trust you to do a good job but micro-manage you to death.

Expect you to work late in the evenings and weekends to do your lead sourcing.

Poor basic salary.

Commission structure will be changed at will whenever they believe people earn too much (such as 6%).

Yes, they will tell you day in day out that their teams go on great incentive trips whenever they overachieve their targets. They want all employees to be ever so grateful for this. But in the end, they only pay for these short trips by the commission they do not pay out to those who are fired or who resign because they are so fed up with all the bulls**t that goes on every single day.

Don´t expect to see the commission for big series deals as they will only be paid out when the magazines are published. They will not pay out in advance, secretly hoping you won´t be there anymore when the commission is due. Sounds like daft management practice to hope for good bookers to leave? Well, yes, I guess it is daft!

As mentioned by others here: Early morning energy sessions that include jumping up and down, the Conga through the office and many more kindergarten style activities to increase your energy levels before you hit the phone. Oh, did I tell you about the MINIMUM of 2 1/2 hrs on the phone every single day?

In summary: The worst management style and culture I´ve ever come across. So happy not to be working for them anymore.

Sales Exec Ink Publishing

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ink full-time for less than a year

Pros

opportunity to make good money

Cons

high-pressure job with major expectations

less mirco-managing

INK - The employer with the difference

Current Employee - Sales  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

@INK we are different. Whilst other companies try to limit their employees, at INK there are no limits. Ink provides a platform where I (and everyone else) can make a career, learn, experience and fulfil dreams. I know that sounds cheesy but for me INK is the first employer who let's me be who I am and doesn't stop me being successful.
    I love it. I left INK for a year for personal reasons but missed it too much and came back. That was probably the best decision I ever made in my career.
    Of course working at INK is a (great) challenge but so is life. The difference to most other companies I have worked for is that INK cares. I have people around me who are getting the best out of me and making me better every day. They also make me laugh.
    I work for the London office and on all 4 floors are incredibly talented and amazing people with different skills and from different backgrounds. That's why we produce the best in-flight magazines in the world and that's what makes INK strong and unstoppable!

Cons

Sometimes the execution of great plans/ideas doesn't work but at least we have directors with a vision.

Keep the balance and keep growing.
    Please keep the incentives in place (I'd also like to go to Miami and Las Vegas)

Outstanding professional and personal development

I have been working at Ink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at Ink for almost 3 years. Ink has a strong culture, a culture based on passion, determination, leadership and commitment that does not suit everyone. However, if you are driven to succeed, if you are willing to make the difference and to grow as a professional but also as a human being, Ink is a fantastic place to work. I started as a sales executive and it took me a little while to adapt myself to this fast paced environment. I have had the chance to be mentored, trusted and pushed by my leaders long enough to become a successful sales person and I am very grateful for the help and training I have received at Ink. Ink offers a wide range of first class products that allows you to take a massive advantage on your competitors and therefore to win big markets on a daily basis.
    Over the last 3 years I have been promoted twice and I am now managing a sales team that delivers first class international events for the aviation sector. I have been sent on business trips to amzing places such as Singapore (3 times), Hong Kong, China (Shanghai and Sanya), Seoul, Cannes and Hamburg. Ink offers amazing career opportunities for those who are determined to make a difference everyday. Finally, there is a very friendly atmosphere on each floor of the company and all the parties that Ink organises allow us to get all together and know each other better.

Cons

The biggest challenge is to be dtermined to succeed and to show it everyday. Ink is a fast growing company that develops new products and gains new markets worlwideconstantly so only the most driven professionals will be part of the adventure. Yes it is a very fast paced environment with high expectations from the management, but these requirements also contribute to your success and to your personal development. That's what happened to me here and this is not over.

Keep on believing in your people and investing in them.

Hard work but well worth it

Current Employee - Advertising Director  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Advertising Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Ink for 4 years, and yes it is not for the faint hearted. However it is amazing where can you work hard, play even harder, get paid a lot of money, travel the world. I have been to the Caribbean, Amsterdam, Barcelona, & Houston & Texas and log may it continue

Yes alot of people have put negative reviews on Glassdoor, well I can understand it is never nice being fired from any company, however you must ask your self why did you fail, ink only hire people on what they say at Interview

So if you cannot handle a bit of pain for plenty pleasure, then ink is not for you.

Cons

Yes it is very hard work and the pressure is high. Like the saying says if you cannot handle the heat stay ot of the kitchen

keep winning us great new magazines and targeted destination ads

tough but worth it

I have been working at Ink full-time

Pros

Ink is relentless, fun, high pressure, certainly never boring. These are either pros or cons depending on you. The very strong company culture employees see every day epitomises its core values and the negative comments are merely written by those who didn't get it.

To most of us, Ink is a tough sales job that will push you beyond your comfort zone. Help is always available if you know where to find it, you just need to look for it.

You won't become a millionaire overnight but your tenacity and work ethic will be rewarded. The travelling is a definitive perk.

Cons

The KPI's can be challenging and hinder your performance depending on your product or style. You sometimes need to take a step back.

Think carefully before you join this company - the reviews are very accurate.

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Shoreditch, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Shoreditch, England (UK)

I worked at Ink full-time for more than a year

Pros

You join a company which appears at the onset to provide the 'dream' job. There is plenty of potential if you are a hard nosed sales person with no morals or ethics. You can move quickly through the company as long as you bring in the requested "deal a day " - and I mean "move " through the company in the biblical sense .

Cons

The ethics are hard and cut throat. Staff turnaround is rapid and you need to be extremely tough to cope with the pressures of this company. Sales can be challenging but Ink is a different challenge on it's own. I was warned before I joined this company but thought It was sour grapes and joined them regardless. When I left of my own choosing as I could not watch what was going on around me any longer I was advised by subsequent media agencies to take 6 months off and get counselling. They are well known in the media agencies for their poor ethics , check before you join them would be my advice .
    I find it very worrying a review on this site criticizing the reviewers stating they shouldn't have been recruited in the first place - hilarious (besides unprofessional ) as he recruited them in the first place and confirms the negative reviews in one hit.

You have had some very talented people join you and leave you. If you had been true to your word you would have been the most amazing media company. I fear for your survival.

Worked for Ink? Contribute to the Community!