Inman's Auto Rescue

CEO

Go to work , do your job , all will be good. Been here over 6 years ,

Current Employee - Driver, Tech in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Driver, Tech in Houston, TX

I have been working at Inman's Auto Rescue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Independent , can go do what you need to. Opportunity to make a pretty good living if you are willing to work hard.This is a labor type job , And , it does require a bit of skill and organization on the drivers part as in any job you have .

Cons

Sometimes miscommunications and unresolved problems arise . Most issues are resolved , A lot of time required . Maintenance issues on your vehicle.

Maybe sometime in future hire drivers as employees

WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR....PERIOD!

Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Inman's Auto Rescue full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can't think of any.

Cons

As a road-side tech you're pretty much treated like crap. Expected to jump through hoops for little pay. You're an independent contractor, but you're treated like a low level employee. There are too many cons to list. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!

Treat your techs better, they're the backbone of your company!

sexist company don't apply there if you are a man

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Inman's Auto Rescue full-time

Pros

nothing at all is good about those ppl

Cons

they don't see men as equal partner to them, if you are a man they see you less than them

don't expect to treat people as slave

This place is horrible to work at and use for service. I'm sorry there's not a negative star

I worked at Inman's Auto Rescue

Pros

Casual dresscode(minimum word limit for this section but that really is all I experienced so here that's all I have)

Cons

Some of the challenges working here are:
    1) being screamed at and watching other people get screamed at as if you killed your their dog
    (harassment)
    2)being expected to know how to do everything the second day on the floor when your mentor is so frustrated and busy she can't show you what to do all the while you've taken almost 40 calls and are getting screamed at to answer the phone on the first ring when you are getting ignored when you ask how to handle certain situations. (she was not able to remove herself from her chair ONE SINGLE TIMES THE ENTIRE DAY) I'd be frustrated too)
    A mentor to teach you? yeah sure
    3) you can't provide service (tire change, lock out) YOU MUST NOT TELL THE CUSTOMER THE TRUTH OH MY NEVER DO THAT!
    4) you're graded on customer service (how good are you at lying all day) and accuracy but never tell the customer the truth, instead, give them an e. T. A. that you know is a lie then when it's up call and make up another lie hoping your driver makes it there by the second eta so you don't have the stress of making up ANOTHER lie even though you know this customer is broke down in some sort of way and is obviously in distress and you are in no way going to help that because by the time they go through all the lies, frustration and waiting they could have gotten honest help much faster. How can you do that to people?
    5) Drivers— these poor guys only make 12. 00 a call and that's IF the customer is STILL there by the time they get there. Use their own gas, vehicle and equipment. Poor guys. No wonder they're having nervous breakdowns. I wonder why? I could go on and on. This is not only an awful place to work, it's an awful place period. Money hungry with no heart or compassion for these poor people that rely on there roadside assistance help them. But it's all about keeping contracts, right? We all have our day in the end.

Upper management (owners son particularly) was nice but should handle situations like this accordingly. I'm not sure to feel sorry for the owner or not. I did not meet him but I can say this, is it really that hard to run an honest business instead of lying? Care much? There are better ways to run a business. One being credibility. If you can't help someone in a reasonable time, do the right thing!!!! Don't lie!!!! Hire your drivers like they should be EMPLOYEES!! You look out for your "girls" ? don't let them get yelled at like trash.
    Then again, maybe some people are raised differently. I am totally disgusted. If you base everything on lies guess what kind of employees you're going to get?

You'd be crazy to work for them

Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Inman's Auto Rescue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Sometimes you get tips and I guess sitting around not working can be a pro if there's a good movie on hbo

Cons

First of you don't work for them, you are an independent subcontractor. You only get paid for the call. You use your own vehicle, gas and equipment. You are on call 24/7. The dispatchers sometimes are not nice, are pushy and rude. You will get dispatched to the wrong areas, places that don't exist and will have to contact the person yourself. Unsafe! Changing tires on the side of the highway at 2:00am during a snowstorm for $12 is not a good thing. You end up depending on tips and hope and pray you'll get one. Worse of all dispatch will send you to multiple calls and ask if you're done yet. I had times where I was at a call, then got sent 12 miles away only to do another call that was closer to my starting location. It's a waste of time and gas.

Make people your employee and treat them like they are one.

A complete waste of time!

Former Employee - Auto Rescue Provider in Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - Auto Rescue Provider in Doylestown, PA

I worked at Inman's Auto Rescue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

As a former mechanic, I thought job would be easy. I had a good interview with local rep. Told me how I was going to easily make $1200-$1400 a week. I filled out an application packet. He said he'd be in touch to start training. I would ride along with him on calls until he was comfortable with my skills. It all sounded and seemed legit. Then...not a word. Every time I called to find out when we would train, he would come up with some excuse last minute. After 2 weeks of this, I moved on. What a sham!

Cons

Everything. I was really looking forward to working for this company. It all turned out to be a scam.

The worst place to work
    Disorganized on all aspects

I worked at Inman's Auto Rescue

Pros

Nothing is good about this company
    Cant wait till they gone

Cons

Tonns of difficult, streesfull where
    The info about where is the customer
    Or call back number messed up

Stop filling your own pockets
    Create better way to treat workers
    And customers!

In 6 months so far so good

Current Employee - Service Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Inman's Auto Rescue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

My territory generally stays busy or very busy so there is plenty of work for me and money to make.

Cons

Sometimes my calls are as far as 25 miles away which makes me earn very little on one time and gas consuming call. In general most calls are in my emediate vincinity.

Having more detailed address and general call information would help

i worked for auto rescue for over 2 years they have no respect for the roadside tech nor do they keep there word

Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician
    Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician

I have been working at Inman's Auto Rescue as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

none they make alot of broken promises

Cons

lies about pay and no care for the roadside drivers that do all the work and only get like 12 dollars a call and pay for own gas and expenses like wear and tear on the roadside techs automobile

get to know your drivers and let them know that you appreciate the hard work that they put in for your company pay a fuel reimbursement and help drivers keep there vehicles safe and running efficiently tires and oil changes etc. add up with so much driving

I believe I had more respect as a paperboy delivering newspapers on my paper route as a kid many many years ago.

Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Inman's Auto Rescue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You make your own hours. No boss looking over your shoulder, nobody telling you you have to go do this or that. Freedom during the day to do things you normally wouldn't in a 9-5 job.

Cons

Poor communication between us drivers and management, actually non-existent. If you refuse a call because it's way out of your area the dispatchers are less likely to use you in the future. Use a lot of your gasoline and put excessive wear and tear on your vehicle that you don't get compensated for. Expected to carry the burden of cost for fuel deliveries until reimbursed when we can barely keep fuel in our own cars with all the driving we do. Take a call out of your area, then half an hour later when you get there and the customer has already gotten help and left you get $6 for your effort. This happens frequently. Overall general attitude is poor.

If you expect drivers to take the hit on so much excessive wear on their vehicles make it possible to make enough money to cover maintenance issues that surely will arise. Have a general manager that we can actually get ahold of.