Inman's Auto Rescue

CEO

In 6 months so far so good

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Denver, CO

Pros

My territory generally stays busy or very busy so there is plenty of work for me and money to make.

Cons

Sometimes my calls are as far as 25 miles away which makes me earn very little on one time and gas consuming call. In general most calls are in my emediate vincinity.

Having more detailed address and general call information would help

You'd be crazy to work for them

Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician in Denver, CO

Pros

Sometimes you get tips and I guess sitting around not working can be a pro if there's a good movie on hbo

Cons

First of you don't work for them, you are an independent subcontractor. You only get paid for the call. You use your own vehicle, gas and equipment. You are on call 24/7. The dispatchers sometimes are not nice, are pushy and rude. You will get dispatched to the wrong areas, places that don't exist and will have to contact the person yourself. Unsafe! Changing tires on the side of the highway at 2:00am during a snowstorm for $12 is not a good thing. You end up depending on tips and hope and pray you'll get one. Worse of all dispatch will send you to multiple calls and ask if you're done yet. I had times where I was at a call, then got sent 12 miles away only to do another call that was closer to my starting location. It's a waste of time and gas.

Make people your employee and treat them like they are one.

A complete waste of time!

Former Employee - Auto Rescue Provider  in  Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - Auto Rescue Provider in Doylestown, PA

Pros

As a former mechanic, I thought job would be easy. I had a good interview with local rep. Told me how I was going to easily make $1200-$1400 a week. I filled out an application packet. He said he'd be in touch to start training. I would ride along with him on calls until he was comfortable with my skills. It all sounded and seemed legit. Then...not a word. Every time I called to find out when we would train, he would come up with some excuse last minute. After 2 weeks of this, I moved on. What a sham!

Cons

Everything. I was really looking forward to working for this company. It all turned out to be a scam.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst place to work
    Disorganized on all aspects

Pros

Nothing is good about this company
    Cant wait till they gone

Cons

Tonns of difficult, streesfull where
    The info about where is the customer
    Or call back number messed up

Stop filling your own pockets
    Create better way to treat workers
    And customers!

Not looking good

Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician  in  Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician in Palatine, IL

Pros

Get to drive around and not stuck in some office or warehouse.

Cons

LONG LONG hours if you let them take advantage of you. Poor pay for roadside techs. $12 to change a flat tire in the middle of a snowstorm is ridiculous! Lot's of wear and tear on your vehicle. Communication from dispatch isn't always clear. Can't make decent money unless you're willing to be on call 24/7. Expenses outweigh income.

Pay your contractors better, and don't expect them to be slaves to your company.

i worked for auto rescue for over 2 years they have no respect for the roadside tech nor do they keep there word

Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician
    Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Technician

Pros

none they make alot of broken promises

Cons

lies about pay and no care for the roadside drivers that do all the work and only get like 12 dollars a call and pay for own gas and expenses like wear and tear on the roadside techs automobile

get to know your drivers and let them know that you appreciate the hard work that they put in for your company pay a fuel reimbursement and help drivers keep there vehicles safe and running efficiently tires and oil changes etc. add up with so much driving

Driving for Auto Rescue

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

Pros

You get to make your own hours, you drive your own car, you listen to your own music. If you treat the dispatch like they are human and respect them, you can attain the quantity of call volume you would prefer.
    Tips (if present) are very lucrative
    I honestly enjoy this job, If you enjoy cars, it is a good entry level job.

Cons

12/call - gas = 9 $ a call per average. Not enough to pay for food and expenses every month with inflation.

The constant stress of making it to calls on time, and if you're going to make your bills every month.

No benefits

Management does NOT care about you, do not think for a second they do, you will get constant text messages on your work phone that you are doing a horrible job, as well as extra things you need to do, even though you are on a time limit to complete your current call and traverse to your next one.

You will frequently be called to go out of your area because other drivers are unavailable, compensation for this is not given. You have to request extra payment.

They would like you to work overnight, pay rate remains the same, lose about 2 hours of sleep for 9$

Put outdated and tacky stickers on personal automobile, stickers could be more professional looking, I am asked all the time if i'm actually with road service due to the stickers looking elementary. (See other Roadside Assistance company logos they are simple and convey their purpose.

Convey the concept of tips to our customers so they are aware it is accepted and formal to give gratuity out, via an automated message and/or a phone call via dispatch.

Give raises or some sort of incentive to good employees who make it to calls on time and drivers who go to calls in the middle of the night.

Raise the payout of the call or make it based on mileage and location at time of call arrival.

Get better technology: Smartphones which enable us to clear calls via mms or an app. Save hundreds of thousands on payroll for clearing out calls which the driver themselves could do. The savings on the payroll could then be given to the drivers.

Just think of the people who empower your company and think on the other side of the spectrum. Make a change, make this company the best it can be, and not just for your pocketbook but in every aspect. The appearance aspect, the company morale aspect, and the financial aspect. You don't build a company this successful and stop advancing it. Also try and get a website, it's 2013, it's time to change.

Independent Contractor or Employee? Inman's Auto Rescue

Current Employee - Driver  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN

Pros

When Kyle worked as a lead, things were tolerable.

Cons

Too many to list, but most important is that you will have to literally run calls 20 hours a day before getting any sleep....then the next call. Too many drivers and leads quitting due to the unethical business practices and treatment.

Hire your drivers as an 'Employee'. You can't control their schedule or demand be available 24 hours a day. You can't force an employee to place large stickers of your company name (advertising) on all sides and wind shields of our vehicles if we are an independent contractor. You can't call us independent and then provide training, uniforms, and make us use your equipment only. So much control of us that we should be classified as an employee. Do they use this 'Independent Contractor' title to save the expense with the IRS or not having to provide vehicles and insurance or overtime to employees? I think a 'Reclassification' of your IRS status needs to be changed!

No home time or concern for employees

Former Employee - National Director  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - National Director in Lewisville, TX

Pros

Make it to upper management for more money

Cons

On call 24/7, No family time, Very disorganized dispatch, Constant roll over.

Give your management 1 day off a week, and let them get at least 5 hours rest per day.

Over worked and Underpaid

Former Employee - Dispatcher  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Lewisville, TX

Pros

unlimited over time and great benefits

Cons

bad management
    bad owner
    crappy pay
    child treatment

Treat you employees with more respect and voice the concerns we all you have with the owner of your company and stop letting him run you over money cant buy you everything

Worked for Inman's Auto Rescue? Contribute to the Community!