Inmar

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
2.7

L. David Mounts

Pros
  • Inmar is very responsive to hard-working, ambitious employees (in 6 reviews)

• Benefits are good - you get a lot of PTOs (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • To upper management "Perception has become far more important than reality" (in 6 reviews)

• Pay is low even for Winston-Salem but management struts around like they are doing you a favor by paying you (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

You Get Out What You Put In

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First, I love the casual dress code, people work better if they are comfortable. The atmosphere of the Company is great, very collaborative work space. the employees in my division are a group of dedicated employees that are all after the same goal - growth of the business, this is very refreshing. I have been working here for over 3 years and absolutely love it here. My Manager and his Manager are the best that I have ever worked for. I have no response to any of the other comments on this site about bad management, I do not see that. They have made some "C" Level changes lately and I believe this is for the better. I just laugh at the fact that people complain about coming in the 'back door' to go to work, it is called an Employee Entrance (most companies have one...). There are a lot of disgruntled employees that feel that the company should bend over backwards to please them, this is not how the real word works. You get out of a company exactly what you put into it. If you come to work every day and do nothing but complain about things, you will never be happy. I truly enjoy my work, the people I work with, and the customers that Inmar has, but I guess that makes me a freak or a follower (no, I don't really believe that), or someone who is "drinking the company Kool-Aid".
    On another note, the new building is great, the furniture is designed to increase comfort while working (either sitting or standing)
    And by the way - Loyalty is something that is earned, not just given and should not be expected. Hard work and dedication will pay off.

Cons

I really don't have too many Cons to list, but there are a few.

The Parking Lot is a considerable distance from the building
    I don't care for the people that complain all the time about Inmar, if you really don't like it then leave.

Upper Management needs to be more in touch with the 'regular' employees. I realize there are "office hours" for us to come to them, but I feel that they should come to us. Walk around and visit with people, find out what they are thinking, be more personable.

Inmar Response

Jan 25, 2015Inmar's Response

Thank you very much for your comments. Continuous improvement is central to the Inmar culture and company values, we’re glad that you see evidence of that commitment at all levels, including the ... More

Good atmosphere and coworkers

I have been working at Inmar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment, nice people, compensation.

Cons

Frequent leadership changes cause worries for some.

Management without vision who fails to recognize what their employees are capable of

I worked at Inmar full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No good reason to work, politics out of control

Cons

If you are older you are getting pushed out the door

Start Over

Well-positioned yet evolving company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well positioned in their industry.
    Generally promotes a good work/life balance.
    Insight, talent and dedication are often well rewarded.
    Exciting potentials in the area of data analytics.
    Lots of software solutions to be developed and evolved.
    Focused on evolution and technology growth.
    Great problems to solve.

Inmar has been transitioning itself from a traditional business services and solutions company into a technology services company. At the same time the organization operates a good number of business solutions that demand an evolution of foundational technology. This kind of evolution is tough on all fronts, no matter who you are. HR staffing, policy and procedure, skill-sets - all of these have to evolve as well. This is very tough, but a challenge that senior leadership is getting a better handle on every day. After 3+ years at Inmar I can say with confidence that while I have certainly seen plenty of mistakes, I have seen a lot of learning to go along with them. In the end, what counts more than anything is a willingness to admit bad judgement, own it, fix it, and do better the next time around. Inmar has been doing this learning, not without pain, but with less of it all the time.

Cons

Track record has not been perfect.
    Leadership has missed a few marks but is improving daily.
    Sorely in need of more hardcore technologists. Not that there isn't talent, there certainly is - there's simply more to do than engineering hands to craft solutions.

The technology solutions needed to thrust the organization past our competition are only achievable by bold, creative innovators. We need more of these folks, at all levels.

Inmar Response

Jan 25, 2015Inmar's Response

Thank you for your perspective and for your critical contribution to your team and Inmar. We agree completely with your assessment regarding the need for more innovative, highly skilled technologists ... More

Benefits

I worked at Inmar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good overall benefits package including 401K.

Cons

Leadership culture seemed to have changed negatively over time.

Inmar not what it is cracked up to be

Former Employee - Account Representative in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Inmar full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Insurance and PTO, 401k but there are other companies in Winston-Salem and surrounding areas that offer more benefits, better insurance and just as many vacation days.

Cons

Inmar's Great teams aka HR encourage the employees to come to them on management issues. They will be condescending to you and what actually happens you become a target for your manager or supervisor. You will have to cross your T's and dot your 'I 's with zero errors. (Unless you are a close friend to them then you have a different set of rules.

Management needs to be trained to be more professional and less high school actions. It should not be personal but business focus.

Inmar is NOT the place to be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Inmar

Pros

Nice building. Hardworking co-workers all with the same agenda, make a living.

Cons

Its not what you know its who you know<<<<FACT>>>> Its managers in there w/ ZERO experience. Upper management is nowhere to be found. They will tell you that they only hire leaders and innovative employees<<<False>>>

If you're a worker bee you have to enter through the back door.

Your opinion does not matter and if you happen to be a tad bit smarter than your superior you might as well start looking for other employment.

AR/Specialist are at the very bottom of the totem poll..this position is very mundane and repetitive.

Zero job security in one day out the next.

Get new management. Get real management. Some employees look to their management to be leaders not inept "cool kids" Hire leaders who are able to provide a clear plan on how to make the work load easier while efficiently using time for better training for employees and management. The job is not hard at all...why make it?

Oh yeah for the headache how about increase the pay for the bottom feeders...we have to survive too.

No where to go!

Current Employee - Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great working atmosphere as far as co-workers go, great benefits that can't be beat, some of the management staff are really great people.

Cons

Little room to move up, seems to be a "good ol' boy" club, seems like a lot of focus is being put on culture and values when actually little real effort goes into it. A lot of politics. Seems like two different companies between corporate and the remote locations.

Realize the value of employees you have now. Some pretty great associates are being looked over because friends of management are getting brought in. It's sad to see some long time, valuable associates being passed over for straight out of college kids. A degree does not always trump experience.

Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar

Pros

Good People good work and life

Cons

might not be an exciting city to live if in winston salem

None

A Great Place to Start

Former Employee - CMS Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - CMS Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Inmar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Inmar is a great company for a young person or someone getting back into the workplace. There are a lot of internal classes, book clubs and discussions of what is trending in the business world. Management can be a bit preachy when trying to inspire. But compared to other companies that I have worked for where no one was even making an effort to inspire the employees, I found this refreshing. Also, the work life balance is very good and there are wonderful opportunities for children to be invited to the office for events.

Cons

Sometimes strategies change significantly from year to year. Sometimes I worried that leadership would run out of ideas. There needs to be more opportunities for cross training.