InnerWorkings Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014

2.8

InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
  • Great place to work before bought by InnerWorkings (in 6 reviews)

• I also really like the casual work environment, it's nice to have that flexibility in between visiting clients (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no growth opportunities and few cross promotion opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Little fish in a big pond (inside sales) (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Print Production Manager

Former Employee - Print Production Manager  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is focused on integrity. The people there are high quality and they are concerned with a work/life balance.

Cons

They didn't have any work where I lived and I would have had to relocate if I wanted to stay with the company, which was not an option for me.

The management staff was great. I have no issues with the culture or the time-off policies. I always knew they were doing what they could to keep me as an employee happy.

Started off as a great place to work....

Current Employee - Production Manager
    Current Employee - Production Manager

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will work with a great group of people who will "feel your pain". They are extremely smart and ambitious

Cons

Career advancement - none. Very few company perks. I suppose I should just be happy with getting my salary while giving the 150% that is being asked of me.

Take care of your people...it isn't always about money. Show that you recognize the work they are doing, have their back and make sure they know it.

Cattle Call, hire and fire

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dress code is laid back, great food trucks outside the office. Free shuttle transportation is convenient with the shuttle bus (to Union, Oglvey, downtown, Red line, Brown line.)

Cons

Upper management is always changing. You'll have to move desk every other month. Everyone secretly hates it, but never leaves.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unstable work environment

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Long, paid training period. Good benefits.

Cons

No consistency. You switch sales teams, desks, and managers on a monthly basis. There seems to be no vision to how the divisions show be run and maintained. No real room to advancement.

Great place to be

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of energy, fast pace, opportunity to come in, be heard, learn, and grow no matter your role. Office culture is fun, smart and accessible.

Cons

Benefit costs are incredibly high.

Keep focusing on sharing news, information and updates with us. It is motivating.

Fun company with interesting business model.

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

Fun environment; executives and chair people sit nearby; very social, hard-working coworkers; earned tremendous work experience.

Cons

Tough pay scale, not much help for struggling employees, churn and burn mentality.

Invest more resources toward employee development.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Could not be happier with the company, work environment and the people. They are always looking for ways to improve. They have most recently starting focusing internally on the company and its people. Growth happened so fast that management is just now defining who we are and it is GREAT! It is great being surrounded by energetic and talented individuals. Very impressed.

Cons

In the past the con was due to our quick growth that we were slow to get processes in place, but that is all being worked out.

Keep up the growth.

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Implementation  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation in Dallas, TX

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 4 years, in that time I have been given the opportunity within the company to transfer to a couple different positions. With each move I feel I have advanced my career and broaden my knowledge in both the print and client management fields.
    I like how my manager is very open with me and communicates well without being a micro-manager. I also like how I have been given the tools to be able to work where I am at.

Cons

It is a very hands off type of company and if you want something or need something done you have to make it happen.
    You have to make sure you have a voice and a positive attitude if you feel passionate about something to make it happen.

Keep the communication open to all employees, even ones not based in the Chicago office. Makes the employees feel like they are important to the organization and keeps things positive.

Good work-life balance, culture, and opportunities

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working with InnerWorkings for a little over 2 years now.

*Positive Culture - There are are so many intelligent, passionate, and hard working people who believe in this business model and the company as a whole, which makes things so exciting.

On a side note(which everyone obviously loves), they also plan company outings, in-office pizza/beer parties, volunteering and giving back, etc to allow all employees to wind down on a Friday and celebrate successes.
    Another thing I love about the culture, is it still has that 'small company' feel, everyone knows everyone and is opened to help or assist on anything you may need.

Overall I feel and have been given many opportunities within the organization. If you prove yourself, and work your butt off InnerWorkings will incentivize you for that hard work, no doubt about it!

Cons

Benefits -costs are extremely high. It will end up causing you to lose your top talent due, due to compensation not always being beneficial.

Continue to invest and develop into your employeees. Operational structure and processes could be improved as well.

Fast paced, Energetic and Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Operations  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of freedom to do your job and make decisions with little micromanaging. Lean and flat organization allows for opportunity and growth that might take longer to get somewhere else. Changing directives, while frustrating at times, keeps things new and challenging. I feel supported in my career development. People are great overall. Location and environment is really good.

Cons

Fast, changing environment isn't for everyone. Benefit costs are high. Need to be self directed which can be a positive if you like to work independently or to have a lot of autonomy.

Continue to support the employee activities in the office. Operational structure and processes could be improved.

Worked for InnerWorkings? Contribute to the Community!