InnerWorkings

Updated March 1, 2015
3.1

InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
  • Could not be happier with the company, work environment and the people (in 7 reviews)

• The people, especially at the "junior" levels -- hard working, driven and interesting (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no growth opportunities and few cross promotion opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Little fish in a big pond (inside sales) (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Company with work/life balance who cares for the employee. I highly recommend InnerWorking.

Former Employee - Print Production Manager
    Former Employee - Print Production Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company cares for their employees. The management staff is exceptional and very supportive, they treat you as part of a team and you are valued.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints about the company. We were in a high stress situation but the management staff was very supportive and empathetic to what the team was experiencing.

Keep up the good work. All the management staff has been encouraging and supportive. I would still gladly work for the company if they had an account back in my area.

good place to start career

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good working environment, good place to grow

Cons

not many positions available

Working onsite with Customer

Current Employee - Production Associate
    Current Employee - Production Associate

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

Working onsite with customer is probably very different than corporate. Direct boss was my only point of contact within InnerWorkings. Great working atmosphere and customer was happy to have us working with them. Boss was great mentor.

Cons

not much contact with InnerWorkings. When you are in the field and not the main point of contact for InnerWorkings corporate you have no interaction with them. (this may also be a pro).

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

As a manager you can work autonomously and excel.

Cons

Minimal training when first employed.

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Production Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Production Manager in New York, NY

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

No Pros.... just work, work, work. No respect and never a complement. HR... forget it they stick with the executives to what they say.

Cons

Horrible company stay away. They will do what ever it takes to make the client happy with no respect to you. HR....what HR? No HR what's so ever in the NY office and they have no clue what dishonest things go on there.

Listen to your worker and not only your clients.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working for InnerWorkings was a great job. The pay was good and the atmeosphere was good. Time off was average with the industry. Work was steady and there was always something to do.

Cons

There is a bit of micro-managing that was overwhelming. Training was not really there, hands on was the only way to learn. Management is too focused on numbers, which is not always the way to look at things.

The class action lawsuit says it all.

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

The rank and file. Good people. I thoroughly enjoyed most of my co-workers.

Cons

The mission statement should read, "Make money for the CEO and CFO. Don't talk to us unless you are. Otherwise, make yourself useful and pick up our dry-cleaning". The CEO doesn't like to spend much time with the common rabble who actually make this company work. He gets rid of anyone who disagrees with him and surrounds himself with mini-me yes men. Google "Class Action Investor Lawsuit", read that document, and then run away from this place.

It's time to move on. You've milked this cow long enough.

You can you make your own way

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

What I really enjoy about IW is the entrepreneurial culture and spirit of the company. You get what you put into it. The opportunities are there, it is up to you to make of them what you want for your future. The HR onboarding process is the absolute best I have ever encountered and I have worked at Fortune 1000 companies. You immediately feel you have joined a truly top notch organization. The company's intranet is also a super first class resource for anything you could need... company information, presentation tools, case studies etc etc. IW is an aggressively growing company and if that is something you want to be a part of, then IW is the place for you.
    Leadership doesn't micromanage and it doesn't feel hierarchical which is very refreshing. I am also very impressed by what I am seeing from senior leadership. They are not resting on their laurels and it is obvious they are continuing to improve and stay innovative for their employees and for their clients.. I am excited to be a part of this company and where they are headed for the future.

Cons

I think my local office could use a bit more laser focused intensity around driving sales and perfecting processes to make things run more efficiently. It is a production focused environment that could use a reset to help others learn how to create opportunities, not just take orders.

Thank you for the ethical, professional environment you have created for us. Might be time for a level set to get everyone in my local office on the same page so that we can all work to create a more dynamic environment. The opportunities are there, everyone just needs to get on board to go make it happen.

Work enviroment

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun work environment!

Cons

Over worked, underpaid. Need to realize when they are losing a great employee

Good first start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Room to advance within company/move into different area
    -Time-off policy is good
    -Company values
    -The people who work there are generally pretty great and the company culture is awesome (laid back atmosphere and happy hour in the office on Fridays)

Cons

-Lack of communication with departments
    -Compensation