InnerWorkings

InnerWorkings Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher

Eric D. Belcher

Pros:
  • "Great place to work before bought by InnerWorkings"
    in 6 reviews
  • "I also really like the casual work environment, it's nice to have that flexibility in between visiting clients"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Little to no growth opportunities and few cross promotion opportunities"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Senior management needs to be turned over and rebooted if this place is going to last"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Love the entrepreneurial spirit!

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsI love how everyone here has an entrepreneurial spirit, management is very open to new ideas and ways of conducting business so that we can continue to grow and evolve as a company. A lot of people here challenge the norm and I think that’s what has made us so successful.

I also really like the casual work environment, it's nice to have that flexibility in between visiting clients!

ConsI would absolutely love for management to consider summer hours!!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the management lunches, it's great having the opportunity to meet with senior management in an informal setting and be able to chat in a small group.

Best decision made to date

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsMade the switch to the print management world about two years ago from the manufacturing floor - and I haven't looked back. The INWK office entices you to learn, and to collaborate with coworkers - this allows a relaxed, team atmosphere, where you really feel you can succeed with enough effort. I have been promoted twice since coming on board, and looking to advance again rather soon. The tools and avenues to be GREAT are here - you just need to know how to find them.

Great company to work for - I have brought on two more of my friends as well.

ConsNADA. Very Happy with my current job and employer.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep pressing hard - push your staff to greatness. My boss currently does - and it makes all the difference in the world.

Great company, great people, great growth opportunities.

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsI've been challenged and pushed to constantly develop my skill-set as a professional here. It's so dynamic and growing so quickly, I was exposed to a variety of areas that I didn't have experience with in the past. This is a great company with great people on its way to some significant success.

ConsAt the beginning there were some struggles with solidifying processes, but with the rate they were growing it was to be expected. The positive to that was that was that I was able to have input and assist in implementing best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to engage with and be available to your employees as much as possible.

Lots of growth and tons of potential!

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to grow in your career! InnerWorkings is rapidly growing and you have the opportunity to grow and develop along with it. The management team is open to new ideas and wants to hear them. You are given the tools of a robust training program and a hands-on leadership team who want to see you succeed. It is very exciting to be part of a new team that is growing so quickly and I look forward to growing with it!

Yes, if you are in sales, you are held to sales goals and are expected to build your own book of business. That is what it means to be in sales. Being able to build a book of business and be responsible for your own success was one of the things that attracted me to InnerWorkings and makes me want to stay.

ConsBecause of our rapid growth, we are tight on space till move to our new office. We are moving soon and will be in the same building in a new office.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the training programs and in building a strong culture.

Great

Print Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time

ProsVery friendly work environment
Very nice people
Very good pay

ConsNOthing is bad about this company.

Challenging, fast-paced, rewarding, and fulfilling experience

Business Development Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at InnerWorkings

ProsOne of the first things I look for in a company is the managers' level of competency and excitement about what they do. InnerWorkings has some of the most qualified, experienced, and motivated managers I've ever experienced.

As far as training goes, one of the most robust, intense, and thorough training programs I've seen. They really go above and beyond the call of duty-- much more than the "here's a script, learn it and get on the phone."

The office environment is very open and collaborative. People are constantly sharing knowledge and feedback to help each other succeed.

ConsThings change a lot, but as long as you stay focused and get your job done, who cares what's going around around you. Plus, who doesn't like the opportunity to move to a new desk every once in a while? With a rapidly growing division, naturally it will have its growing pains, but the most successful individuals roll with the changes and use them as opportunities to contribute to the collective growth of the team and division, not hinder their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster the collaborative nature of your teams, keep people in the loop as to upcoming changes, and always lead by example. Sales managers are experts in the print industry and should keep up the good work by advising and leading their teams to success!

A growing company with great professional development opportunity for employees

(Staff Level) (Current Employee)

I have been working at InnerWorkings

ProsThere is always something new going on in terms of initiatives, etc. If you have an idea or suggestion for improvement and you actually express it to your manager or other leaders, there's a good chance they will either do something OR put you in charge of leading the change. It's a great place to work if you are used to (and thrive in) an entreprenerial environment and are accustomed to change - there is no stagnancy here. Also, the people are great - you are very likely to make some good friends when you start working here!

ConsThis is NOT the type of place you should work if you are not a go-getter. The ambitious employees who work hard and voice their opinions are the ones who are listened to and are rewarded. If you are a 9:00-5:00-er, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue seeking out (and listening to) employees' opinions. Make sure that key areas are appropriately staffed, and understand that a quickly growing company will need added support to make it work.

Entrepreneurial company - has it's pros and growing pains

I have been working at InnerWorkings

ProsThe people are incredible - driven, motivated, hard-working and fun. I found a very welcoming environment when I joined the company.

ConsThere is not a lot of structure in place for the less tangible elements of a job, like training and development. To me, that leaves the door open to suggest ideas and I know they will be happily received and I will be recognized positively if I do - that's the type of culture IW supports.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supporting sales growth with operational support!

InnerWorkings- A Great Place to Grow

I have been working at InnerWorkings

ProsInnerWorkings is a great place to work. They are growing and there is much opportunity for career growth. There is an accessible management team and they are open to hear your ideas.

ConsThe only major downside to working at InnerWorkings's corporate location in Chicago is the lack of nearby lunch places. This has been recently improved by the addition of a new sandwich shop in the building. And they also have a free shuttle that will take you down to the Mag Mile for shopping or lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees. The recent employee survey was a great way to be able to give my opinions on the direction our company is headed.

A good place where you can grow

Production Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InnerWorkings

ProsI enjoy working at InnerWorkings because I feel like I manage my own career path. In my role, I work with several clients on a variety of projects. I enjoy the variety of my job and when there is something I am unsure of, there are enough people with a wide-range of experience that are willing to help me better understand a project. My co-workers are a friendly and easy group to get along with and make the environment here enjoyable.

Moreover, I feel like I can talk to my manager about not only projects, but other work-related issues and there is a genuine effort to try to change the obstacle/problem in order to improve work life. If I don’t receive the response I am looking for from my manager, the management team has an open door policy and I often see people of all different levels within the organization poking their head into an executive’s office to ask questions or make suggestions.

I feel like this is truly a place I can grow because they are always willing to let me try my hand at more complicated projects. Also, when I feel like I am overloaded with work, they pull in other people to help me out.

In a nutshell, I like my job and the flexibility it offers me, I like the people I work with including the leadership of the company, and I like that I learn something new everyday.

ConsCurrently we share part of our space with another company. It is annoying to share our lunchroom space. I believe the other company is moving out soon, so it will be nice to get our space back.

I agree with some of the other reviews that InnerWorkings is a bit unstructured, but I also see this as a “pro” because management is open to employee suggestions as to how things should be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the work environment positive. Employees like the happy hours and mini contests we have to engage everyone in the office and even inter-office competitions.

Also, continue to have the all-employee meetings quarterly and maybe find another avenue to communicate with employees more frequently (I liked that the CEO stopped by my desk on my birthday to wish me a Happy Birthday and ask how things were going for me).

Keep up the good work!

Worked for InnerWorkings? Contribute to the Community!

InnerWorkings – Why Work for Us?

InnerWorkings has quickly become one of the largest providers of managed print and promotional solutions in the world, boasting some of the world's best-known brands as clients. And as a public company with an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InnerWorkings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InnerWorkings CEO Eric D. Belcher. All 81 reviews posted anonymously by InnerWorkings employees.