InnerWorkings

Updated November 17, 2014
3.1

InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
  • Could not be happier with the company, work environment and the people (in 7 reviews)

• The people, especially at the "junior" levels -- hard working, driven and interesting (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no growth opportunities and few cross promotion opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Little fish in a big pond (inside sales) (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

You can you make your own way

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What I really enjoy about IW is the entrepreneurial culture and spirit of the company. You get what you put into it. The opportunities are there, it is up to you to make of them what you want for your future. The HR onboarding process is the absolute best I have ever encountered and I have worked at Fortune 1000 companies. You immediately feel you have joined a truly top notch organization. The company's intranet is also a super first class resource for anything you could need... company information, presentation tools, case studies etc etc. IW is an aggressively growing company and if that is something you want to be a part of, then IW is the place for you.
    Leadership doesn't micromanage and it doesn't feel hierarchical which is very refreshing. I am also very impressed by what I am seeing from senior leadership. They are not resting on their laurels and it is obvious they are continuing to improve and stay innovative for their employees and for their clients.. I am excited to be a part of this company and where they are headed for the future.

Cons

I think my local office could use a bit more laser focused intensity around driving sales and perfecting processes to make things run more efficiently. It is a production focused environment that could use a reset to help others learn how to create opportunities, not just take orders.

Thank you for the ethical, professional environment you have created for us. Might be time for a level set to get everyone in my local office on the same page so that we can all work to create a more dynamic environment. The opportunities are there, everyone just needs to get on board to go make it happen.

Work enviroment

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun work environment!

Cons

Over worked, underpaid. Need to realize when they are losing a great employee

Good first start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Room to advance within company/move into different area
    -Time-off policy is good
    -Company values
    -The people who work there are generally pretty great and the company culture is awesome (laid back atmosphere and happy hour in the office on Fridays)

Cons

-Lack of communication with departments
    -Compensation

Great place to work

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

upward movement, good to employees

Cons

HR, low pay, training, technology

Excellent place to work.

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for InnerWorkings for about three years now. I was promoted about a year after working here, several of my colleagues in my department have been promoted as well! I absolutely love my job and love working for InnerWorkings. Management is approachable. Salaries are more than fair. The work-life balance is respected.

Cons

It is certainly a high performance environment; this type of workplace isn't for people who like to get into a job and just coast. I am a hard worker so I prefer it this way.

Bad place to work.

Former Employee - Production Manager
    Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Medical, dental benefits. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Creative accounting, financial statements are not to believed. Upper management is way out of touch, don't seem to work for the same company I did. Middle and lower management lie like rugs and are completely out of touch with marketplace. Or graphic arts in general for that matter.

Wake up before it is too ate.

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Publically held company with creative financial reporting and C-Level story telling skills. In house legal dept.and access to the financial backing needed to out weather moral, ethical, and legal challenges.

Cons

Being looked directly in the eyes and sold a bill of goods with the expectation to follow suit, knowing the reality of the business model is simply to short the employees, beat down the vendors with price concession demands and contracted rebates all while obviously understanding that there is no superior revolutionary and/or proprietary quoting system functioning to benefit the process or operation. A classic in theory (story told) vs. in reality (daily operations) are dramatically distorted. The print industry is NOT a booming market. It is a rapidly changing market requiring constant education and companies nimble enough to adjust and respond to the new technologies as well as bring these solutions to the end-users.

Continue to optimize and follow guidelines and timing to sell stock shares.

Get everything from them in writing

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can work remotely at home

Cons

They will try to move your accounts to house to avoid commission.

Get everything in writing

Keep on looking for a job don't waste your time here!

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many of the Co Workers I made friends with.

Cons

Very Poor Management, have camera's right over you very distrusting. Need management that cares more about their people. One high up manager made comment that he wanted his staff all to be under age 50.

Forward thinking company, great business model, execution needs work.

Current Employee - Production Manager
    Current Employee - Production Manager

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive work environment.Great business model. You work onsite at your client so it helps foster a good relationship. Management demands a lot but they reward you if you produce.

Cons

Very demanding work load. Working onsite at the client has draw backs you always have to be aware of your surroundings. Also working at the client you need to adhere to their standard processes as well as IWs internal processes so there is a lot of red tape to get tasks completed. There are also too many unnecessary meetings where a short E-mail would of sufficed.

Have more alignment across enterprise accounts.