InnerWorkings Reviews

Reset
3.1
InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
  • Could not be happier with the company, work environment and the people (in 7 reviews)

• Fun environment; executives and chair people sit nearby; very social, hard-working coworkers; earned tremendous work experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Inside Sales is basically a joke (in 7 reviews)

• Senior management needs to be turned over and rebooted if this place is going to last (in 7 reviews)

1. Senior Print Production Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

Great people to work with, face paced, knowledgeable clients, high pay

Cons

Long hours, high demand for success, worked most weekends and overnight travel

Advice to Management

Upper management did a great job

Take it or leave it

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

Good company to work for if you are friends with the right people.

Cons

Does not care about it's employees....if they really did they would do all they can to retain them. As opposed to just laying people off without giving them to opportunity for another role within the company.

Advice to Management

If you are going to eliminate a position, try to find a good fit for the employee before shoving them out the door.....especially if you considered them to be a good worker.

3. Not as bad as other reviews

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good Leadership
    - Nice colleagues
    - Face paced
    - Agency type of environment

Cons

- Awful benefits
    - When management changes then your job may change

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, improve the benefits and offer growth opportunities

High Stress Environment

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

Some great people, but were micro managed

Cons

Strong blame culture, huge pressure to deliver

Advice to Management

Empower teams, trust individuals to deliver

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Business model is easy to sell. Easy to increase procurement experience and vendor network.

Cons

No real growth opportunities. Poor management.

Advice to Management

Who's in charge, management or sales staff? Salaries and benefits need to be competitive to keep and grow employees.

Company with Growing Pains and Opportunities

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

There is a great and visionary team in place that is dealing with enormous operational and technical challenges that go alongside with a company that has experienced rapid growth in a short amount of time. The team tackles all of this with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. As an employee there, I feel supported and encouraged by most of the functional units, though there are definitely areas of improvement. There are a lot of exciting opportunities that make it a great place to learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on way I doubt would be possible in many other organizations.

Cons

HR is not very helpful in terms of helping employees grow. The benefits are also very lacking. Negotiate hard before taking a job offer. The company also tends to prefer bringing on management from outside the company rather than helping groom the current employees to fulfill the needs of the organization. Planning is also not the company's strength, though it is getting better as the company transitions from startup mode (though already large) to a more appropriate corporate format.

Advice to Management

Not everybody responds to the same kinds of incentives and encouragement. Though the company is sales-driven, not everybody should be managed like a sales team.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback! I’m glad you feel we have a challenging, positive, and supportive work environment. We’ve worked hard to build an industry leading organization and appreciate the pride ... More

TERRIBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT, DULL PEOPLE

Former Employee - Work Horse in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Work Horse in New York, NY

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

There are honestly no pros.

Cons

HR? Who is HR and when do they actually care about the well being of employees in this company? They don't manage ANYTHING. There is no clear path to grow in this company or any role. Teams are very separate from one another and so no one has any idea what goes on in a team's day-to-day. Disjointed, Unprofessional, Miserable Work environment and overall company.

Advice to Management

Look at your teams and assess them better. Give aid to teams that need it and bring your company together as a unit.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you had a negative experience with InnerWorkings. As the Head of HR I can tell you that I do care deeply about our employees and have worked hard to try and ... More

Great ideas, but poor management

Former Employee - Production Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and energetic company.

Cons

Looks the other way many times when people do the wrong thing. Talked a good game, but never really produced. Everything was always a fire drill.

Advice to Management

Know who your manager's are and what they are doing. They are taking money from you!

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoy our energetic and fun work environment. Working in an entrepreneurial environment like ours, I know can at times lead to “fire drill” situations ... More

Overall good company, but your experience may vary with the client account you're assigned.

Current Employee - Senior Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive company with good working business model and reputation. Large in scale with a global presence. It's nice to know you're a part of a global organization. Good work and life balance. The upper management is good and communicates well about company performance and its goals for growth.

Cons

As a Production Manager your experience will vary and is based on the client specific account you're working on and managing. My client is very difficult, and the account financials directly impact your own professional growth, annual reviews and merit raises regardless of how well InnerWorkings is doing financially. I've seen lots of turn-over throughout the years, and the company would rather let you go, then re-assign you to a better fitting opportunity to match your true skills.

Advice to Management

The upper management is good and communicates well to its staff on the company's financial performance, new accounts, achievements and its goals for future growth.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it is important to engage employees in the broader strategy of the company and have each person understand/see how they can make an impact on the success of the ... More

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Production Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Production Manager in New York, NY

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

No Pros.... just work, work, work. No respect and never a complement. HR... forget it they stick with the executives to what they say.

Cons

Horrible company stay away. They will do what ever it takes to make the client happy with no respect to you. HR....what HR? No HR what's so ever in the NY office and they have no clue what dishonest things go on there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your worker and not only your clients.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your candid feedback. As a growing organization with an entrepreneurial environment, we’ve all had to put in long hours, but respect and appreciation should never be compromised. Over ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed