InnerWorkings

InnerWorkings Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher

Eric D. Belcher

Pros:
  • "Great place to work before bought by InnerWorkings"
    in 6 reviews
  • "I also really like the casual work environment, it's nice to have that flexibility in between visiting clients"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Little to no growth opportunities and few cross promotion opportunities"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Little fish in a big pond (inside sales)"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Don't stay long

Production Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat co-workers, a lot of young people living in the city, strictly 9 to 5 so the work life balance is good.

ConsNO managerial structure at all. People with no experience as managers have been put into positions of power creating a lack of structure. So much turnover throughout every level, within my time the VP of Sales left, the VP of HR left, every manager moved positions or left. There is very little opportunity for promotion and very little recognition within the production side.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Stop moving people around and bringing on people who aren't fit for the position. Reward your hard workers and make it a happier place to work.

Run away

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLOL leaving them was a pro for me

ConsThe management is all over the board.
I worked for them for 7 + years.
They are the cheapest when it comes to contribution to health care plans. They had some of the worst coverage anywhere. If you worked in IL you were OK, all their other employees are left with bad programs
They made changes to the vacation policy and my negotiated 4 weeks became 3 weeks because "that is the way it is"
When I began, they prided themselves in that they had so many vendor-partners from which to select. Over the course of time vendors left because of poor payment history, being forced to give discounts, having a foot put on their throat to lower costs..result, crappy partners who did not care about the work
Compensation is a joke...they can always find someone to fill your seat and you are well aware that is their attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone..ANYONE who knows the industry. The top people have less production experience than someone just starting out! When management says "heck, print it in white" to save plate costs due to knock-outs, you know they are a total fraud.

Great start to my sales career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for less than a year

ProsFair compensation and high-quality sales training

ConsLittle fish in a big pond (inside sales)

Advice to Senior ManagementInside sales department was too big. A smaller population of inside sales representatives would allow the managers to actually teach each salesperson how to be successful

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Right arm has no idea what left arm is doing

Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNone that comes to mind

ConsComplete lack management competence. Absolutely no communication of vision or goals. Growth of company has only occurred by buying smaller companies in core competency. After acquisition is complete INWK totally disregards valued relationships that had been established by purchased company and in turn loses the business. See stick trend and how it mirrors loss if strategic customers. Worst of all acting CEO found it appropriate to sell stick at height of success knowing several large companies were in the process of firing INWK .

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with each other.

Disconnected company

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 10 years

Prosdon't have anything positive, a bleak working environemnt

Consvery disconnected company, lack of leadership from corporate

Fun company

I worked at InnerWorkings

ProsYoung employees which is nice to have when you are working

ConsVery corporate and lots of hoops to jump through to get things done

Being a Print Production Manager for IW was a fast paced and production heavy position.

Print Production Manager (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsFast paced and extensive range of products to know and buy for

ConsToo much paperwork with each job (over 10 new per day) to do the intended job, but good experience. Just wish there was a better idea of where the account was and was going.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees know what is going on and where things need to be headed. Don't just leave them hanging and expect that they know when you haven't told anyone else.

A valuable place to grow and develop at any level of your career

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLOTS of flexibility to try new ideas and new paths; employees & management genuinely care about the clients success and the success of those around them

Consflexibility can lead to lack of structure that makes decision making and accountability challenging; the heavily distributed workforce means some talented professionals are not recognized or promoted often enough

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on the client's success - that is what has made and will continue to make us successful

Old School Churn and Burn - Smoking Mirrors - Far from Organic Growth

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

ProsTemporary employment opportunity. Just enough time to research better career path and discover what you do not want to for a living.

ConsBeing forced frequently to listen to "pie in the sky hoopla" as yet another change in direction, management, structure is sent down the revolving door ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees, management staff and investors. Many have been burned believing what you're selling. Read the posts and make the changes necessary to at best curb the resentment.

No Management for Sales

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Newark, NJ

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou go out and prospect. If you bring in business, great. If you don't, you are gone.

ConsThey are very hands off. No support. No training. No management to go to for help. Strictly a lone wolf company. All the salesmen are very territorial. If they hear a lead, they will take it without you looking. GlenGarry Glenn Ross. Management does not care.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more care and interest in your sales people, or just don't hire them.

Worked for InnerWorkings? Contribute to the Community!

InnerWorkings – Why Work for Us?

InnerWorkings has quickly become one of the largest providers of managed print and promotional solutions in the world, boasting some of the world's best-known brands as clients. And as a public company with an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InnerWorkings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InnerWorkings CEO Eric D. Belcher. All 81 reviews posted anonymously by InnerWorkings employees.