InnerWorkings Reviews

Reset

Cattle Call, hire and fire

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dress code is laid back, great food trucks outside the office. Free shuttle transportation is convenient with the shuttle bus (to Union, Oglvey, downtown, Red line, Brown line.)

Cons

Upper management is always changing. You'll have to move desk every other month. Everyone secretly hates it, but never leaves.

2. Unstable work environment

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Long, paid training period. Good benefits.

Cons

No consistency. You switch sales teams, desks, and managers on a monthly basis. There seems to be no vision to how the divisions show be run and maintained. No real room to advancement.

3. Great place to be

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of energy, fast pace, opportunity to come in, be heard, learn, and grow no matter your role. Office culture is fun, smart and accessible.

Cons

Benefit costs are incredibly high.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on sharing news, information and updates with us. It is motivating.

5. Fun company with interesting business model.

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

Fun environment; executives and chair people sit nearby; very social, hard-working coworkers; earned tremendous work experience.

Cons

Tough pay scale, not much help for struggling employees, churn and burn mentality.

Advice to Management

Invest more resources toward employee development.

6. Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Implementation in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation in Dallas, TX

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 4 years, in that time I have been given the opportunity within the company to transfer to a couple different positions. With each move I feel I have advanced my career and broaden my knowledge in both the print and client management fields. I like how my manager is very open with me and communicates well without being a micro-manager. I also like how I have been given the tools to be able to work where I am at.

Cons

It is a very hands off type of company and if you want something or need something done you have to make it happen. You have to make sure you have a voice and a positive attitude if you feel passionate about something to make it happen.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication open to all employees, even ones not based in the Chicago office. Makes the employees feel like they are important to the organization and keeps things positive.

7. Good work-life balance, culture, and opportunities

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with InnerWorkings for a little over 2 years now. *Positive Culture - There are are so many intelligent, passionate, and hard working people who believe in this business model and the company as a whole, which makes things so exciting. On a side note(which everyone obviously loves), they also plan company outings, in-office pizza/beer parties, volunteering and giving back, etc to allow all employees to wind down on a Friday and celebrate successes. Another thing I love about the culture, is it still has that 'small company' feel, everyone knows everyone and is opened to help or assist on anything you may need. Overall I feel and have been given many opportunities within the organization. If you prove yourself, and work your butt off InnerWorkings will incentivize you for that hard work, no doubt about it!

Cons

Benefits -costs are extremely high. It will end up causing you to lose your top talent due, due to compensation not always being beneficial.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and develop into your employeees. Operational structure and processes could be improved as well.

8. Fast paced, Energetic and Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of freedom to do your job and make decisions with little micromanaging. Lean and flat organization allows for opportunity and growth that might take longer to get somewhere else. Changing directives, while frustrating at times, keeps things new and challenging. I feel supported in my career development. People are great overall. Location and environment is really good.

Cons

Fast, changing environment isn't for everyone. Benefit costs are high. Need to be self directed which can be a positive if you like to work independently or to have a lot of autonomy.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the employee activities in the office. Operational structure and processes could be improved.

9. OK

Current Employee - Production Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Production Manager in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insight into how a 3rd party operates in the print industry. The ability to utilize many vendors in the industry is beneficial.

Cons

The compensation is average and the corporate model is very flat so not a lot of room for growth if you are young.

Advice to Management

Do not treat your employees like they dont know what they are doing.

10. Eh, it's okay.

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office, good catering, it's not an ACTUAL boiler room.

Cons

It's a NASDAQ traded Boiler Room. The sales managers better hold on tight to those jobs, they'd be useless anywhere else.

Advice to Management

It really ain't going to matter.

InnerWorkings Response

May 28, 2014 – CEO

We are sorry to see this feedback and would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you in a bit more detail in person. That would allow us to continue to learn and improve as a company, and we ... More

Pretty similar to George Orwell's 1984

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

They make payroll on time. They offer medical, dental and vision coverage. Sometimes they make a 401K match but not for outside sales reps.

Cons

Corporate office has departments that seem to have run amok. It's painfully obvious that they are out to protect their own fiefdom The answer "no" is frequently heard. It may take ten or more emails to get a job entered into production when a year ago no emails would have been needed.

Advice to Management

I would not even attempt to advise senior management. They have some sort of master plan that goes against common business practices.

RSS Feed </> Embed