Innotrac Reviews

Work life

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Innotrac

Pros

Good management and the ability to grow

Cons

Can be slow and boring at times

Overall positive

I have been working at Innotrac full-time

Pros

Autonomy to handle things in my area. Coworkers are friendly and most care about the job they are doing.

Cons

very busy with onboarding new clients. Very challenging for all directly and indirectly working in the building.

Continue to support the team and encourage growth through expanding responsibility and growing company programs.

No Training. Must be a quick self-learner as you'll be required to take the ball and run and it'll be sink/stay afloat!

I have been working at Innotrac full-time

Pros

Zero at this point. Work-life balance is non-existent, compensation is the lowest around the area, high insurance/deductibles, poor 401k, poor IT support, unprofessional HR, extreme temperature work environment, no training, and the endless list goes on!

Cons

Right out of the gate the training from non-exempt to exempt associates are little to non-existent. You’re given the ball and expected to run, while the weaker links fail and the best stay afloat! For exempt associates the current requirement is 70+ hours a week (non-peak) and it’s the rule instead of the exception making it a terrible work-life balance. Nonexempt associates have an extreme inconsistent work schedule due to Innotrac allowing Clients to have a forecast that is so far off its basically non-existent. It’s not uncommon for an hourly associate to work 4 hours Sunday, 15 hours Monday, 0 hours Tuesday due to low volume, and 15 hours Wednesday. To go along with the long hours the weather has extreme temps in the summer and winter causing poor productivity and associates to vomit. I get the fact it’s a warehouse, but temps well over 100 doesn’t yield good results. They don’t seem to get the fact of letting the air circulate in the early am hours to make it manageable at 75-80 degrees throughout the day. The pay is the lowest around with hourly associates starting at $9/hr. causing Innotrac and staffing agencies to consistently pull talent from the bottom of the barrel making it difficult for the facility to succeed as the talent goes next door paying $1-$2 more on the hour. The company has had several start-ups with Clients but the planning from project managers is so poor and in addition the way the CEO has CPU budgets setup it makes you ask the question every time, “is this their first start up”. The CPU budgets are so tight you’re not allowed to bring in associates early for training purposes due to not having any volume and you wouldn’t hit cost. It’s not uncommon to have to do testing at go live and work out all the kinks afterwards as well as going live with the majority of the team being temps, not having enough resources i.e. PC’s, pick carts, RF’s to succeed or NONE causing you to “get creative”, etc. The HR team at multiple facilities is the most unprofessional HR managers and associates I’ve seen. The IT team is one of the biggest struggles as we constantly have IT issues and not much support to get service requests done in a timely fashion, sometimes not even within a 12 month period! In addition to the pay being the lowest around the area, the insurance is one of the highest unless you are single. To go with the high cost of insurance is a high deductible and the cherry on top is the 401k is such a joke you’re better off to invest elsewhere. The company explains and documents the verbiage of the 401k miss leading as well. When the forecast is typically way under and you get 5000% over, not only you’re expected to still hit SLA, Cost, but also clean up and have the facility spotless as those are the days the CEO will tend to show up. If a box or pallet is sitting around the CEO will curse at management being extremely unprofessional. He’s a smart guy, but obviously doesn’t know how to treat people. Innotrac’s mindset is to “throw numbers” at high volume vs. any type of control and working a strict FIFO process. This causes several issues making the inventory and fill rates so terrible it’s baffling. The company continues to make empty promises with promoting from within. It rarely happens and when it does it’s usually only a Lead to a Sup position after they’ve burned all their bridges and it’s so bad the new Sup will work the hours of 2 people! At the end of the day I wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy!

Create a training process from the top down in every department and treat everyone with respect. Improve communication as it's the key to success. On start-ups plan better, test earlier, and be more prepared. The CEO believes in cost for projects needing to be as close to 0 as possible. I get it, but spend the money as it'll be more profitable and run right in the long run. Figure a way to be more competitive with the other 3PL's around you and start hourly associates out at $10/hr+.

Not the best place, but not the worst either.

Current Employee - Tier I Support in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Tier I Support in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Innotrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to work on your soft skills. Depending on which account your on, you could be working with like minded people.

Cons

Didn't have the best tools to do the job correctly. Not Innotrac's fault, they did the best that they could. What I was hired for and trained for weren't what I was actually doing. Again not innotrac's fault.
    Not really a place that you can work your way up.

Nothing really.

I have been working at Innotrac

Pros

Higher job roles in my department allowed great independent flexibility.

Cons

Growing pains: Enterprise is understaffed facing expected company growth.

Treat you as though you are a number an a thief, subsidiary's company's under Innotrac are to blame not the Co. or work.

Current Employee - Picker/Packer/Returns in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Picker/Packer/Returns in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Innotrac full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a high paced warehouse offering plenty of possibility's for employment and keep you on your feet for each full shift. A place to gain experience for future endeavors.

Cons

I agree with other remarks, there is no sense of direction or explanation of the work one entails. There is a real problem with there security, which is a subsidiary company, treating the employees as less then human. An the sense of trust for long term employees remains unjust and uncertain. No sense of trust in understanding that to steal means immediate termination and for all, or most would seem clear to maintain good work practices.

To ask that those who over see the worker's safety and security be more understanding that we the workers are human as well and may fell the same way as you the company feels. And in understanding the acts of security, but that they be more willing to start a level of trust for those who mean well, by communication, trustful eye, and a sense of awareness.

Just another job

Former Employee - Associate in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Innotrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work is easy enough for anyone

Cons

The leads have clicks therefore not much fairness

OK

I have been working at Innotrac full-time

Pros

Dynamic, fast moving, can be fun environment

Cons

holidays are very busy, need to grow.

listen to the field, conduct 360 reivews, reward performance at all levels, develop a culture that corporate exists only to support the DCs.

It was a job

Current Employee - Packer in Grove City, OH
    Current Employee - Packer in Grove City, OH

I have been working at Innotrac

Pros

the benefits as far as insurance,aflac and ltd,std were excellent it was a job that paid some odf the bills

Cons

the long hours we had not had a raise in at least 5 years, the management never listened to any of us

I guess you could say if they needed to do anything they needed to listen to there employees not numbers

I have learned alot and advanced quickly.

Current Employee - Inventory Sup in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Inventory Sup in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Innotrac

Pros

They will continue to stay open until the market crashes.

Cons

They dont appreciate the good people they have.

Be responsible for your actions.

Innotrac Photos

Groveport ecommerce fulfillment center before it was completely full
Packout stations in our Bolingbrook ecommerce fulfillment center
Innotrac headquarters