InnovAge (Colorado)

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.3

Maureen Hewitt

Poor management decisions !!!

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time

Pros

.Good relationship between employees and the patients.Made some friend during my career here .
    Some dedicated employees who deserve a better treatment from their bosses !!!

Cons

Benefits cutting,lack of professionalism from the upper managers !!! The only concern is making money.
    Big heartless corporation atmosphere !!!

Manager

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful, dedicated front line staff. Originally was a very good program offering Seniors excellent service.

Cons

Current CEO and upper management do not care about quality of care. They only care about numbers. Over the past several years they have systematically PURGED many excellent staff members for challenging their lack of integrity. No longer an. Honorable place to work.

No merit increase to employees, but C-Level makes their bonus

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado)

Pros

Close to home and do not care where you work

Cons

Merit increases were taken away two days before checks were to hit checking accounts.
    Corporate office closes during Christmas to New Years ... employees must use their PTO. To bad if you are hired in Nov/Dec... no PTO hours... no paycheck
    C-Level received their 25% bonus... but no merit increase to employees
    Computer systems down all the time
    HR Senior VP gave self a increase but no merit increase to employees

Clean up your C-Level

Employees are not considered a valuable resource.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at InnovAge are the fact that the hands on caregivers (meaning CNAs and actual clinical personnel) are great people who care about what they are doing. It is nice to see that sort of caring happening. The people enrolled into the programs are also great and have wonderful stories to tell.

Cons

We have a somewhat newly developed list of basic values, but they are only there for show and of course, lower level employees are expected to follow them. These basic values are in no way emulated by our corporate office.

The corporate office is very high cost and was paid for with Medicaid funds. It makes me sick when we have services, both day center related and medical care related, cut to people enrolled in our program and staff in day centers cut to bare bones minimum but the corporate office pays someone to grow hydroponic herbs, has expensive art work, and serves Kohler coffee.

During the same time period that direct care staff (this includes medical professionals, drivers, CNAs) employee benefits have continuously been cut, we have been denied raises, we have had all career paths decimated ... corporate offices have created more extraneous "Vice President" "Associate Vice President" "Director" "Associate Director" "CEO, CFO ... you can add any letter to the middle and the position has likely been created" positions than I can even count. There is no organizational chart that lists them all there are so many. These people all receive bonus checks even when employees cannot get a promised raise.

So basically, you have to have a strong stomach to see misappropriation of Medicaid funds and corporate greed. You have to have a strong stomach for hearing about the latest cut to medical care or home care knowing that the person going to corporate to take care of the herbs is still there and being paid with Medicaid funds. You have to have a strong stomach for knowing the CEO is getting really rich off of Medicaid funds at the expense of the patients it was intended for. If you can handle that, you will find rewards in knowing the patients in the program and in your day to day work with your immediate coworkers. You just need to know none of your professional opinions will be valued by the organization because they work you do is not a corporate priority and likely never will be.

I know nothing I say here will ever matter or be considered.

top heavy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PACE model is remarkable. They provide vital services to the most vulnerable members of our community. The work is very interesting and if you are a people person, it is a good fit. The benefits are on par with other similar non profit companies. The center staff are extraordinarily dedicated to our customers.

Cons

The company is top-heavy. One minute we get emails saying this or that center has kept us on or ahead of budget, then we are told budget is looking grim. Inappropriate workers are not held accountable and the top managers are far removed from the work being done on the ground at the centers.

Do an employee satisfaction survey to see what your ground floor workers would like to see happen. It is our company too.

The premise of the company is great...

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good physical work environment. The centers have either been newly built or recently renovated. Wonderful pleasing colors flood the area and make it pleasant to work in. New building of corporate office was a good idea to consolidate several acquired businesses together and to maximize utilization. Corporate also began pushing more work at home which was an employee satisfaction point.

Great employees and co-workers.

Cons

Vulnerability of funding from government sources. Company is trying to diversify it's portfolio of revenue generation but it takes time---always worried about governmental cuts.

Very little career path opportunities.

New corporate office was not well received by some as it was thought to be a little too showy for non-profit organization.

Get into the trenches and continue to listen to what the employees have to say.

I would not recommend the HR department

Former Employee - Human Resources Department in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Department in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The senior level management have good ideas and drive.

Cons

The mid level management often turns a blind eye and hides things from senior leadership. There is allot of interoffice politics and juvenile behavior. It is hard to keep your professional integrity in such a unsupported environment where you are not respected.

Pay more attention to the mid and ground level employees and meet with them one on one to see what'e really happening.

Transportation Manager

I have been working at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time

Pros

The pay is good and it offers benefits

Cons

Not a stable environment can be fired at any time for any reason.

Don't waste your time with this company, they paint a pretty picture and lure you in, however, you'll see all the emails coming in that John Doe no longer works here and wonder...When will it be me.

Rewarding work with the staff at the PACE Centers but frustration from upper management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PACE program is outstanding; benefits are good and staff is very dedicated. PACE is a program which puts the patients first and facilitates good communication among all of the caregivers.

Cons

They work staff to the max! Some staff has not been expanded even though the census of patients has more than doubled. There is very little appreciation shown to staff in general by corporate, although they do have employee of the month and birthday recognition. However, there does seem to be an attitude that "you can to better/you should do better" instead of appreciation. Compensation is below equal opportunities elsewhere.

Stop looking down on the staffs and jobs in the Centers. They are what InnovAge is all about.

Good Co-workers

I have been working at InnovAge (Colorado) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice and supportive Co-workers

Cons

Corporate only worried about making more money. Many changes in pay, benefits, and policies that seem to benefit the corporation in making more money.

Remember the employees work more efficiently when they are happy.

InnovAge (Colorado) Photos