www.innovative-ss.com

Updated October 5, 2014
3.1

Innovative Solutions & Support Chairman and CEO Geoffrey S. M. Hedrick
Geoffrey S. M. Hedrick

Ample opportunity, but longevity is not available here

I worked at Innovative Solutions & Support full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Medical/Dental
    -401(k) match
    -Competitive Pay
    -Ample opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a fast paced environment.
    -Company is competitive in its industry and produces sought-after products in the retrofit market

Cons

-Pace can be daunting at times
    -Priorities change more frequently than they should. Project schedules end up behaving more flexibly than designed
    -Delivery schedule is often challenged by design timeline, so there is usually a heavy 'push' at the end
    -Company workforce level is never stable, irregular turnover & layoffs

Stepping stone for your career (software test/V&V)

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer Intern
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer Intern

I worked at Innovative Solutions & Support as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Friendly people, approachable managers and CEO
    -easy to land job as V&V (people come and go all the time)
    -good place to start if you need experience

Cons

-Heavy work hours. QA full timers work average 9-10 hrs when they are on tight schedule which is most of the time. Sometimes work on weekends is necessary
    -Tedious and repetitive work nature (ex: debug and run test procedures over and over, etc)
    -High turnover rate

Good coworkers, ok managers, disconnect with sr management

Current Employee - V&V in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - V&V in Exton, PA

I have been working at Innovative Solutions & Support as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The coworkers are awesome, great bunch of guys. The company welcomes us to take all the OT we can handle

Cons

Mandatory OT is a common thing, the pay sucks, the hours tend to get long (+10hr days, Monday thru Sunday)there is a lot of turn over. People dont exactly stick around long

Give employees better pay and more benefits. Reconnect senior management with the regular employees

Stay. Away. These other positive reviews HAVE to be fake.

I worked at Innovative Solutions & Support

Pros

-Will give opportunities to kids straight out of college.
    -Gain rare Avionics experience.
    -Great core of co-workers to surround yourself with

Cons

-Average of 60-80 hours a week.
    -Will work 7 days a week
    -Will work late nights/overnights at times
    -Bad pay, especially considering the field
    -Upper Management is utterly incompetent and over-the-top. It's LITERALLY like Dilbert/Office Space. Its laughable at times, but most times, its just extraordinarily depressing
    -Poor decisions leading to mismanagement of projects meaning NOTHING gets done ever. Only a matter of time before the company crumbles.

Appreciate your employees. They work so extremely hard to pay for your Mercedes/Porsche's. At least pay them well before you decide to dissolve the company.

Great Experience

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Exton, PA

Pros

There was always over time and hand on training was available. I loved working with Electronics so this greatly skews my opinion. There was also close to unlimited overtime. when your a young kid out of college. Its fun to learn play and gather knowledge. The Staff was great while I worked there like a disgruntled family always looking for a laugh while always pursuing perfection.

Cons

If you want to work normal 9-5 Hours, it wouldn't work for you. It can be grueling working 20 hour shifts. Some of the dev staff are really on a high horse and don't take well to the simplest issues.

The Manager while I was there was Joe Tracy. He was one of the best Manager I had ever met. Great guy hard nosed no BS. Good leader who told it like it was. Fun guy to work for. Having people that kept the place interesting and fun are always needed in an environment like that.

Keep your head down.

Former Employee - Engineer in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Exton, PA

I worked at Innovative Solutions & Support full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging work, fast paced, very capable colleagues.

Cons

Do not cross the founder! Agree or risk termination. There is a small group in management who will be there forever. Everyone else's job is at risk. Constant chaos, always working in recovery mode. Company has a history of putting all its resources into the current project and not keeping the pipeline filled with new work. Result - when the big project is over, big layoffs follow.

Take the founder and his ego out of the picture and things will run much more smoothly. But it won't happen.

At IS&S I feel challenged and enjoy the people I work with, very friendly.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Innovative Solutions & Support

Pros

In a small organization like this you get a lot of exposure to the management team and they know what everyone is working on. It's rewarding because what you accomplish is recognized and you're given more.

Cons

IS&S right now has limited resources and sometimes moves us around between the different projects. The changes frustrate some people. I've seen a lot of interviews going on so hopefully we'll get back to being assigned resources.

Innovative Solutions and Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I worked at Innovative Solutions & Support

Pros

Co-workers were a great group of people. Middle management is full of knowledge and easy to work with.

Cons

Priorities change on a daily, if not hourly basis. Every project needs to be done yesterday, and a 60+ hour week is a normal week. Employees have been threatened to meet deadlines, or be laid off, just to work 80 hour weeks to meet them and be laid off anyway. I'm not sure you'll find a more disorganized environment out there.

How long before people realize its not poor employees, its poor upper management?

Innovative Solutions & Support Photos