Inogen Reviews

Updated July 15, 2014
Updated July 15, 2014

Raymond Huggenberger

Excellent company with great growth potential, atmosphere, and compensation structure for sales reps.

Current Employee - Customer Development Representative  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Development Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. This company is growing at a fast pace, but staying profitable.
    2. There is no cold-calling leads. All leads are initially in-bound calls or web requests, so the potential clients are asking to be contacted.
    3. The product you are selling really is the best available in the market.
    4. It's a relatively relaxed atmosphere. You can wear jeans, flip-flops, tennis shoes, and t-shirts any time. Also, they have a strict 40 hour work-week policy. No overtime and they are pretty flexible with shifts if you need to leave early and work late other days.
    5. All sales managers are promoted from within and are former Customer Development Representatives. That means that they've done the job that you're doing before and can really help contribute to success right out of the gate.
    6. The pay can be very rewarding if you work hard. There are no caps on commissions, and once you hit target, every sale you make above that is paid at a higher rate. Commissions are paid monthly, on time, and I've never had to go back to management and get them to pay me for a sale that wasn't calculated right in the system. Most reps are on track to make about $50-$80k / year in total compensation.
    7. There isn't really any office politics or secrets. The company has a company wide meeting where they go over results, financials, customer service, and ongoing projects every couple of months. Everything is discussed, including the things that need to be worked on, not just the good stuff.
    8. There hasn't been a single layoff or firing since I've started in our Richardson office. Out of the group of 11 that I started with in June 2012, 2 have been promoted into management, 1 has been promoted into a senior role on the team, and only 1 person has left the company. In less than 1 year, Inogen has hired over 30 new Customer Development Reps for the Richardson office, and only 4 have left the company. Compared to previous jobs I've been in, that is an excellent churn rate.

Cons

1. Since we deal with Medicare, sometimes the paperwork process for some sales can be frustrating and challenging if you're not a detail oriented person.
    2. You have to be willing to put in the work. The management team during training and in team meetings will talk about reps needing to make 50 calls / day to be successful. For the most part, I would say that's accurate, and if you're not willing to put forth the effort, you won't be successful.

Keep doing what you're doing. The company is moving in the right direction and 2013 is looking very good!

Keep looking!

Current Employee - Direct to Patient Sales  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Direct to Patient Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no perks - except that you are allowed to wear jeans. It's like cubicle hell!

Cons

The company treats employees horribly! They are no rewards for hard work, meeting your objectives, performance reviews, etc. The pay was cut 30% for sales staff- constant change- no 'real management' in place-just money grubbers that hAve no regard for their employees or customers. If you are looking for a place to advance with rewards for hard work- keep looking. Inogen is a horrible, horrible place.

Get a clue for how to treat people.

New management needed

Current Employee - Direct to Patient Sales  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Direct to Patient Sales in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Inogen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work colleagues, minimal competition in the market

Cons

Upper management and leadership is non-existent

Embrace your own core value of open communication

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a great learning experience in medical sales.

Current Employee - DTP Sales  in  Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - DTP Sales in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Inogen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping people by providing them a better quality of life with the Medical Equipment Inogen provided.

Cons

employee morale is very low, you can be doing great in your job but mangers will still find something to complain to you about.

treat employees with respect and keep in mind a happy employees make for a better company!

I've never been in a company that was less focused on keeping their employees happy

Former Employee - Customer Development Representative  in  Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Development Representative in Goleta, CA

I worked at Inogen full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was better than being laid off. Plus you could feel satisfaction in getting patient their equipment and even a better quality of life.

Cons

They had a mimimal compensation plan and we even had commissions reversed when another process in the company was to blame

Take time to work on making your compensation plans fair and you will see a 100x return on those efforts spent.

Best job to date!

I have been working at Inogen

Pros

During my internship I was given exceptional responsibility, had a great boss and use this experience as my benchmark for determining what a good work environment is.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Worked for Inogen? Contribute to the Community!