Inogen Reviews

Raymond Huggenberger

1. Featured Review

The BEST company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Inogen full-time

Pros

The purpose of this company is strong - it feels good to work somewhere that is really changing people's lives. I love the people I work with and the opportunities for growth as the company grows. I love that the company is dedicated to helping people and is still able to maintain profitability.

Cons

At times it can be difficult to keep up with so much growth

Advice to Management

Remember to thank and congratulate everyone on accomplishments. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

2. Referal Development Manager

Former Employee - Referral Development Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Referral Development Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Inogen (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, Autonomy, clean, thorough, provides good training and very structured

Cons

Lack of communication, some management training I think is in order to assist up management on providing better support to their subordinates. Allot of politics and the company departments or segmented rather than working as one. My direct supervisor was not a good leader and had allot of problems with the people he supervised

Advice to Management

Think more about your empoyees need and slisten to their feed back

Great at first

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with in the Richardson office were amazing

Cons

Management is completely disconnected from their staff especially the upper management they seem to have no clue

Advice to Management

This advice has been given to management with multiple multiple multiple times they need to stay connected they need to communicate with their employees they need to have their employees buy into the company you can't just keep cutting pay and making stockholders happy

5. great growth and potential

I have been working at Inogen full-time

Pros

Company is growing quickly and there are opportunities for advancement. Casual work environment and flexible work schedules. The product does improve patient's lives.

Cons

High growth causes growing pains and there is always more work to do than time to do it. Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Try to remove the obstacles of such fast growth so employees can succeed. Also, reward your employees for their hard work.

A Great Environment

Former Employee - Business Development Representative (Sales) in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative (Sales) in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen

Pros

An easy place to work, you are trusted to do the right thing (maybe sometimes too much) and respected for achieving goals. Fair and achievable goals with good compensation opportunities. Growing company and most of all the product is really as good as you'll tell people it is. It won't work for everyone but it is amazing for those it will, and that makes selling it easy. It's a great sales job without the cold calling typical sales manipulation. The company is extremely transparent, it doesn't feel political or a lot of favoritism. If you have enough integrity to work independently you will never find a better position. Open door policy is real and while may not result in change always you can be heard and not judged for having an opinion. I can't wait to come back to work for this organization!!

Cons

It feels like a call center, because it kind of is a call center. The organization hasn't matured with it's growth fast enough, there is a difficult obstacle of departments not communicating and slow improvement in areas related to patient services. Communication, implementation and training don't seem to have become big enough priorities across the board to make all departments feel connected. Everyone does their piece and has very little care/understanding of who or what the other pieces are. That makes it hard when dealing with patients.

Advice to Management

Train! Communicate! and find internal solutions for some of the challenges that exist, get more people involved in solving the frustrating issues. You have a great product and a fantastic group of people, use them better. Stop hiring at the current rate and let existing reps work with more leads - increase accountability so those that game the system get gone faster!

7. Couldn't ask for a better time to work for this company

I have been working at Inogen full-time

Pros

Inogen is growing so quickly and has so much market potential that it's hard not to be excited about the future. The work we do is very important, and it's very rewarding to hear about another patient that our products have helped. I see a lot of opportunity for personal growth here.

Cons

Our infrastructure hasn't quite caught up with our sales growth, so there are things that we can't get done because we don't have the people or the resources. It's getting better, though, as we keep ramping up our staff.

Advice to Management

Keep it real.

The quickest I've ever seen a company lose it's values.

Former Employee - CDR in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - CDR in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product. Originally, great people.

Cons

The company changed from one of compassion and care for the patient to one of care only for stockholders. They treat employees like children. They change the pay often. There is little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Understand that you can't look at your employees in the eyes and lie. It will sink you. Remember your core values.

9. A Fantastic Place to Work!

I have been working at Inogen

Pros

Fast paced, fast growing company. I love the relaxed atmosphere and forward thinking. Very competitive pay, good benefits, and room to advance within the company.

Cons

Fast growth means constant change. Would like to see a little more consistency in day to day functions.

Positive and relaxed work environment

I have been working at Inogen

Pros

Personally, it has been the most financially rewarding inside sales position I have ever had. Very easy product to sell and targets are achievable. Lot's of sales promotions throughout the year. It's also exciting to work for a fast-growing company with so many advancement opportunities available. All sales managers started in the inside sales position, but most sales reps are comfortable staying in their sales positions due to the lack of micromanagement and uncapped commission plan.

Cons

As a fast growing company, there is a lot of change that occurs. People who do not adapt well to change will have issues here. It would be nice if we could bring our dogs to work in our Texas facility like they do in California.

Advice to Management

Spend as much time as you spend in meetings with the non-manager employees, listening to their ideas and what they have to say. Your presence in the office goes a long way.

I have been working at Inogen

Pros

Company is growing, and in a growing industry

Cons

Very average pay, and average benefits

Advice to Management

Provide financial incentives to employees for the great work they do

RSS Feed </> Embed