Inova

Inova Reviews in Alexandria, VA

Updated May 17, 2014

Inova President and CEO J. Knox Singleton

J. Knox Singleton

Pros
  • Good benefits, flexible hours and nice people to work with(in 8 reviews)

• Benefits, great co-workers, great place for beginning a career in healthcare(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The financial compensation was minimal when considering the cost of living in the area and that was my only serious complaint(in 4 reviews)

• No room for upward growth in company(in 6 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love to work here

RN II (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

Prosvery good place to work. culture is very diverse. staff are taking the opportunities to advance their education. to get experience in other areas.e is always opportunities to move from floor to floor to

Consneed more retention staff. may need to increase salary scale ,staff need more orientation in using the new computer system

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue with opportunities

Great place to work if your not looking to advance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsFriendly helpful employees. Always look forward to going to work

ConsHealth Insurance options limited to one provider.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement top heavy . Only interested in the bottom line. They do everything possible to eliminate older seasoned employees.

the best job i have had in 32 years

RN II (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsThe management style is very progressive. Employees are treated very well. There is much room for advancement. The salaries are competitive.

ConsLacking in yearly raises received.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supportive of employee development.

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsManagement encourages employees to continue education and training to improve skills to strengthen their position in the workforce.

ConsSome shortsightedness on behalf of C-level management to appropriate funds where needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support work-life balance for employees, especially nurses. Small benefits and considerations matter at all levels.

Good Start

Catering to You (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

Prosits a very big system and more room to advance. the management team is very friendly and nice. 401k contribution and parking is easy

ConsNo guaranteed hours. my position was PRN..12 shift and comparing the pay to other companies in the area is not competitive

Inova health information department / Alexandria

Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsYou can transfer jobs within inova.

ConsBenefits:
    Pto:
    401k
    Vacation
    your sick time and your vacation are lumped into the same pool.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf u have an employee willing to lean new task in your department, give them a chance.

Don't box them in.

Working at the Healthplex

Outpatient Registrar (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsSome of the best reasons to work in my particular dept.which is the patient registration at the Healthplex, is the ability to have a flexible schedule. They work around your school schedule like no place I've ever been to. Another good reason is the tuition reimbursement of $ 3000 yearly for full time employees. There's also discounts for small fee that gets taken off your paycheck for lawyer's fees, medical pet care, financial advise, Inova classes, etc.

ConsAt the place where I work( I am sure it varies) it's hard to advance. They also do not give you any feedbacks on your work. Health insurance is pretty expensive for a family of 3 an insurance that pays at 10% coinsurance and no yearly deductible comes up to about $ 500 a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave no advice for them.

Worked for Inova? Contribute to the Community!