Inovalon
www.inovalon.com Bowie, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Inovalon Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Inovalon President, Chief Executive Officer, Corporate Director Keith R. Dunleavy

Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros:
  • "Flexible work schedule; able to work from home"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Great place if you want to focus on health care related products and services"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Absolute no work life balance and minimum transparency and increasing red tape"
    in 13 reviews
  • "HIgh turnover rate, probably in 30% range"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company - Working hard to be GREAT

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat potential in an industry that is busting out! Lots of potential in the newer leadership brought in to help mature the company. Good pay, good benefits and lots of potential for growth and development.

ConsFast paced environment, but that could be a "pro" also. If you like moving at lightning speed, and adapting to the evolving technology and healthcare industries, this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to your employees because they care and are invested.

Fast-paced, exciting

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

ProsEvery day is exciting and brings new challenges. Rewarding to see personal growth aligned with the growth of the organization, as well as innovative technologies directly impacting the industry. Great health care experiences!

ConsOverall better benefits - more choice in health - as the company has grown, many day to day operations have not transitioned to accommodate new size and need to faster solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in high potential lower management level employees.

Excellent company to design and architect good software solutions for the healthcare industry

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- ample technical challenges and opportunities for the right employee to create better software products
- good technical teams
- strong knowledge of healthcare domain
- very professional office culture

Cons- benefits could be better
- employee attrition is very high

Advice to Senior ManagementPls find ways to retain productive employees

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Rewarding and satisfying experience. Enjoyed the work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAll personal were extremely helpful, and seem to genuinely care about any concerns you have.

ConsFrequent testing although this is also good for personal enrichment. The ongoing testing keeps you from meeting productivity, which you have to meet every day no matter what else is going on. Too many mandatory meetings. Often times with repeated information

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more patience with repeated questions, sometimes you are made to feel dumb.
Don't delay in your response to questions.
Change is good but when you have many immediate updates or changes almost every day it becomes a challenge to keep up with what is the latest update and if you err because of a change you missed it counts against you.

Once a Visionary Workplace, It's the Berlin Bunker Now

Analyst (Former Employee)
Annapolis, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStill a very few, very smart, engaged and generous people. Smartest anywhere. Still some esprit de corps among clinicians, and operations personnel.

Cons- Your email is routinely mined. There is no privacy. HR is like the East German Stasi, hiding behind the pointless and ineffectual attempts at 'associate engagement.'
- For the most part, managers cannot be trusted in any way, shape or form.
- Website is almost its own parody. So far short of what the company intended or professes to be now.
- Keep away from the executive floor, particularly the radioactive CEO. Bright fellow/ADHD probably/A specialist MD and a CEO - what a horror.
- Hemorraging customers and money.
- At best, third quartile in IT and clinician salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat's the phrase? "Adapt or Die". Not too late, but very, very nearly. Most of your supporters from Day One have left, some without opportunities. Middle management can't afford to just survive. If you're looking upwards at Inovalon, you are facing in the wrong direction. Push back or find somewhere else.

Run as fast as you can......

Marketing/Business Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat salary and lPTO. A ton of intelligent employees, most of those unfortunately, are not in management positions.

ConsExecutive level (Sr. Directors up to the CEO) do not treat most employees with even the smallest bit of respect. I have never worked for such a disrespectful group of Men in my life. Some of sales people have never been paid commission, as they are fired before they can obtain anything. The CEO tries to run BD and is hands on with every deal. The turnover is through the roof. This company needs to be investigated.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace yourselves with competent leaders. Anyone at C Level with competence leaves the company. Keith........please, please, let someone else run this company.

Lots of Ugly Games

Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is not one thing I can think of. I am a very un happy in this job and everyone I know is looking for new jobs.

ConsThis was the worst company I have ever worked for. Women were known for flirting with their bosses. There is no real mission and bosses have no vision. The way they treat people is amazing..and it is really a company culture. If you are going to lay people off you should not be hiring for other positions. If you are realigning then move people to other jobs then just laying them off. The C level men do not know your name and they are not the ones that they are letting go. They do not care about their employees and it is really sad that the culture is this bad. I became very depressed working there as people get fired everyday. I have never worked in a place where being fired was so common. One day they are there and the next gone. People go around trying to get your fired, talking bad about you and etc. You can't trust anyone!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need an overhaul on your company. People matter they have families, friends, children and bills...and lives....treat people like you care. Your people will be your biggest advocate and will move your company to make more money and do awesome things if they are treated well. Lay offs and people getting fired are not normal behaviors of a company. Time to look from the top down and fix the problem..

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

No Room for the Feint at Heart!!!

Manager (Current Employee)
Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for less than a year

ProsFast-Pace, Engaging, Rewarding- Like going to school. Bring your thinking cap- Every day is a new challenge!

ConsHigh Turn Over Rates, Innovation is clouded by Current Operations...

Advice to Senior ManagementSolid direction and vision, collective planning between teams in this matrix environment is needed to synchronize and enable unity of effort...

Good Work but bad company culture

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

Pros- work is challeging
- new things and processes are being set up so its a good learning experience for a newbie.

Cons- no work life balance at all - people are expected to slog for 9-10 hours each and every day.
- no value for people no matter how good they are.
- no rationale for promotion.
- bad salary - raises, bonus etc.
- company culture is bad where in there is lot of nepotism, politics.
- lots of re-orgs and unstable environment wherein the reporting structure changes frequently.
- No Processes or standards followed.
Due to all these reasons a very very high attrition rate - people leave every week.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your biggest asset- People working for you and understand the need for Work life balance. Employees have another life out of work and endless emails and messages late into the night does not help them mainitan that.

Inovalon Review

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)
Snellville, GA

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

ProsGood company to work and improve your skills

ConsNothing bad about company except the food court

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!

Inovalon Videos

Inovalon – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​​Inovalon, Inc. is a leading technology-enabled healthcare solutions provider focused on the importance of healthcare data and its ability to drive dramatic, objective improvement in clinical and quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Inovalon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Inovalon CEO Keith R. Dunleavy. All 170 reviews posted anonymously by Inovalon employees.