Inovalon

Updated November 11, 2014
2.5

Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros
  • Mentally stimulating and Flexible (able to work from home) (in 23 reviews)

• You'll learn a lot about Medicare Advantage plans (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The office culture is definitely for employees striving for work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• High turnover rate and benefits could be better (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved Working There!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great People, work-life balance was great. My supervisor and I worked together and everyone worked as a team to get things done..

Cons

loved it there.. I was sad to leave

No one asked me to write this review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

I look forward to coming to work everyday. I get to work with colleagues who are not only talented (on top of their respective fields), but are also genuinely nice and caring. This is true not only for my department but across other departments as well. I derive great joy from working with them. Respectful of my experience and subject matter expertise, my manager gives me the full autonomy to do my job with no micromanagement. Yes, this job is intense and high pressure, but any high caliber job would be. The important thing is that you have happy moments while you're doing your job, being recognized for your hard work, and experience professional growth. I have all of that at Inovalon.

Cons

I would appreciate more flexibility in my job. As a woman with family, it'd be nice to be able to work from home with more regularity. The benefits can definitely be better (e.g., 7 paid federal holidays, high deductible insurance plans, etc.)

Inovalon is a great place to work!

I worked at Inovalon full-time

Pros

The people-everyone is really nice and advancement is always an opportunity.

Cons

The benefits team is great but the benefits could be better.

Keep it up!

The most amazing job experience of a lifetime.

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

The opportunity to contribute to innovation.

Cons

Work hours and demanding timelines.

Reward middle management.

A Great Learning Opportunity

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will work hard, but learn a lot. This place really launched my career and I am grateful for that. It's great to be part of a team that is driven and is considered to be the best in the industry. I had the best co-workers and a fabulous manager. I can't speak for others on glassdoor, but my managers (VP level and C-level) always cared about my career growth and were understanding about my work life balance when I needed it. If you have a strong passion to do well at your job you will do well here.

Cons

You put in a lot of hours. The benefits could be better. There is a lot of turn over which can be frustrating when trying to get projects done. Approval processes can be painfully long. I always told the people I interviewed to work at Inovalon that you had to be a Type A personality. If you aren't driven to succeed in your career this is not the place for you.

I think upper management is on the right track. They are making huge strides to improve the culture for their employees. The only advice would be to continue to pay attention to how hard your teams are working and reward them when it's earned.

Honesty Love The Quality Department

Current Employee - Lead Coder Quality Department in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Lead Coder Quality Department in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, the people. The company goes out of its way to have moral boosters. As a member of the lead Quality Department, I have seen the time and effort that goes into helping those who need it. When I left the company (worst mistake I have made) they welcomed me back with open arms. People are promoted through hard work. I started as a remote reviewer then became a Lead. I did this with hard work and dedication. If you are thinking of applying for this company, work hard, stay positive, take pride and you will succeed!

Cons

The work is hard. It is not for everyone. But that's why they call it WORK. That's why they pay us to do it. It honestly comes down to if you can do the job correctly or not. But if you ask for help and work hard to get it right, it will just click.

The only suggestion I have is for upper management to interact more with the reviewers. We know you are busy, but a quick phone call or email (not a mass email) telling them they are doing a good job would mean a lot.

An Exciting Challenge

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility of work hours; challenging work environment that pushes you to perform your best; leadership team is responsive and knowledgeable; competitive benefits; friendly work place with great co-workers; go-getter atmosphere where you're often free to run with new ideas

Cons

Can easily be overworked during rush times, often putting in 10+ hours a day; high turnover rate, higher in the reviewer positions but still pretty high in management; new-school technology company with an old-school mindset (formal business attire everyday); inconsistent with rules across company

Good company - Working hard to be GREAT

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great potential in an industry that is busting out! Lots of potential in the newer leadership brought in to help mature the company. Good pay, good benefits and lots of potential for growth and development.

Cons

Fast paced environment, but that could be a "pro" also. If you like moving at lightning speed, and adapting to the evolving technology and healthcare industries, this is the place for you!

Really listen to your employees because they care and are invested.

Rewarding and satisfying experience. Enjoyed the work

I worked at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All personal were extremely helpful, and seem to genuinely care about any concerns you have.

Cons

Frequent testing although this is also good for personal enrichment. The ongoing testing keeps you from meeting productivity, which you have to meet every day no matter what else is going on. Too many mandatory meetings. Often times with repeated information

A little more patience with repeated questions, sometimes you are made to feel dumb.
    Don't delay in your response to questions.
    Change is good but when you have many immediate updates or changes almost every day it becomes a challenge to keep up with what is the latest update and if you err because of a change you missed it counts against you.

Inovalon, Inc has been the best company I have worked for in the last 10 years.

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a really warm and friendly environment. I feel like we are one big family.

Cons

Each department is different, but management can be micro-managing at times.