Inovalon Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

2.5

Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule; able to work from home (in 18 reviews)

• You will learn a lot about the American healthcare system, Medicare and Medicaid and how they work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance at all - people are expected to slog for 9-10 hours each and every day (in 19 reviews)

• Absolute no work life balance and minimum transparency and increasing red tape (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice place to work but hours vary

Current Employee - Site Review Consultant
    Current Employee - Site Review Consultant

I have been working at Inovalon for more than a year

Pros

The work that you do requires a lot of sitting down in front of a computer and most of the time you are at home which is a positive. You do travel when the job requires you to go to a site but the company reimburses for mileage. The hours of this job varies, during the summer it is busy but the winter time no jobs.

Cons

When I first started with this company they seem to care about their employees but as time went on they only cared about how many times the company's name was mentioned in the newspaper.

Field Technician

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

Good pay and hours and no weekends

Cons

Not enough hours less than part time

Too many higher ups getting paid alot.

InAttention to Detail

Current Employee - RN Remote Reviewer  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - RN Remote Reviewer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working from home with no travel is definitely a plus.

Cons

Always feel like you are going to be laid off or fired.

Start listening to employees - stop sending everything " up the chain". One hand doesn't know what the other is doing !

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leadership incompetence.

I worked at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Smart and hardworking people to work with.

Cons

Smart and hardworking people stuck in working for an incompetent CTO who cannot differentiate between what is digital and analog. Brought his incompetent bunch to the company to bring havoc and discontent. Confuses software development with payphone repair, totally clueless. Was a reject from a smart telecom company (they were smart before they fired him).

Does not care about staff and does not understand that leadership is motivating people and make people work with you because they believe your vision, aligned with your goals and all I can see is people spending their time trying to find another job to get as far from Inovalon because they do not trust you.

Start doing some skip level meetings and ask about how they feel about their leadership.

Find another company

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

Free parking is a plus.

Cons

The C-Suite does not jump into the affairs of the lower level management and anything goes at this company.

My experience has been stressful

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of the company are, the location from my home was very near, some of my coworkers, benefits, compensations was okay.

Cons

The office culture is definitely for employees striving for work life balance. The management of some teams are very stressful. Joining the company it was made like a calm work life balanced company.

Really train the management to be able to understand work life balance if not alot of great employees will leave.

At first it was great...

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the work I do here and I believe in the product I support. The majority of the people I work with are highly intelligent. The work is challenging and fast paced. You will learn a lot if you are open to it. The PTO is available for use on your 91st day of employment which is really great because you're definitely going to need to use it to stay recharged (and to look for another job). There are plenty of opportunities for advancement in other areas, but that's because the turnover rates are very high.

Cons

I cannot tell you the number of employees I've seen resign and I've only been employed here for 6 months. In my department and throughout the company, people are definitely overworked, stressed and hard work is not appreciated or acknowledged. You can expect to work very long hours daily without any extra compensation. The pay is ok but insufficient for the workload you are expected to maintain. The benefits package is ok but it could be a lot better. If you expect to have a life outside of Inovalon, then this is probably not the best place for you. This is definitely not the place for someone who cares about having a home life and a family.

Focus on your employees. Pay attention to the reasons why they are leaving. Inovalon has the potential to be a great company but that will never happen if you don't find a way to attract and retain skilled and valuable employees.

Seasonal-Site Data Collector

Current Employee - Seasonal-Site Data Collector  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Seasonal-Site Data Collector in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mentally stimulating and Flexible (able to work from home)

Cons

Unfortunately, hours are not guaranteed

Great company! Love my job! However, not enough hours.

The grass is not greener if you chose to work at Inovalon.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good location / nice office

Cons

It's all about Inovalon and nothing about their employees. The recruiters are slick in their approach. When you think something is off and red flags are in your face - GO with that. Biggest regret that I left my company for this mess. The recruiters are not truthful. I was told the turnover was bad and it is horrific. Biggest regret and I will be exiting with less than 8 months. Do walk but RUN.

Not a company for young talent

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

professional work environment, industry leader, hard working peers

Cons

no culture.
    a company that sells software should cater to their development and IT staff - this is not the case.
    compensation is based on a percentage increase more than performance based this includes a promotion. If you start behind, you will be behind.

invest more in your people. your office's are drab. your employees are dull. your software reflects that.

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!