Inovalon Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
2.5

Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule; able to work from home (in 18 reviews)

• You will learn a lot about the American healthcare system, Medicare and Medicaid and how they work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance at all - people are expected to slog for 9-10 hours each and every day (in 19 reviews)

• Absolute no work life balance and minimum transparency and increasing red tape (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Be Ready If This Is Something You Really Want Do

Current Employee - Site Data Collector  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Site Data Collector in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I had an amazing support system that helped me every step of the way during my time at INOVALON INC. These RC's (Review Coordinators) are excellent when it comes to the communication needed to get the job done which was the best aspect of this job. Doesnt require much to get the job done and if you are very detail oriented you will succeed. The regular pressures of a 9am-5pm are not at this job and the flexibility does create less stress than most traditional jobs.

Cons

The inconsistency of work will drive you mad. One paycheck will be in the thousands, the next check could be $300, which to me is no way to live and support yourself especially in NY. It is the main reason I left the job. Managements lack for positions beneath them including giving what field workers need in order to get the task done as well. The work is not guaranteed which means at some point you wont be happy. You will over extend yourself as I have trying to make my superiors look good but trust you will not be rewarded for anything extra. My advice to Site Data Collectors, dont over extend yourself, they're not worth it.

My advice to management would be to find ways for your lower tier workers to have an opportunity at moving up including those who have special skills that make you look good. Make them feel appreciate as you never did for me. Stop hiring people who can even type 20 words per min and are computer illiterate. And for the millions INOVALON INC. banks try finding a way to give some type of benefits to your employees who are out in the field where anything thing can happen less they have no means to support their families. Do better.

Don't get fooled by first impressions

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

Pros

fair compensation and benefits
    comfortable work environment
    nice people below management

Cons

work life balance- needs help
    leadership not connected on day to day issues
    Hard to achieve results without clarify from upper management
    crazy turnover - had 3 different bosses in less than a year

Realize Inovalon is a people business even in a high tech industry.

Excellent learning experience

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As I've been getting settled into my new job, I find myself using many skills I learned at Inovalon. The people who work at Inovalon are among the brightest and understand the payer market.

Cons

Intense work environment is not for everyone but can be rewarding. A tremendous amount of development and innovation is accomplished.

None.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consistently spinning your wheels while trying to get client issues resolved, seems to be the norm

Current Employee - Manager  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is the main reason most stay.

Cons

There is very little upper management support, and the internal departments don't communicate well.

Management needed who is of a more professional caliber and whom are more of a support vs. a hinder when it comes to getting client concerns addressed.

"Worst company" ever worked for in my entire career history...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. I regret joining Inovalon. I did not read the reviews before joining and blame myself for putting me in jobless situation for months. Should have connected with current employees before joining. I do not recommend this company to anybody. Politics in this company is worst than "House of cards".

Cons

This company hires and lays off people within no time mainly due to bad management . Not a stable company to work for. Massive layoffs due to client loss with teams walking out every single day with super high attrition rates. In addition to this, the reputation of this company stinks in the market . Which company changes its name?

Stop hiring people if you cannot retain them.
    Consider changing your "Company Name" again.

Run as fast as you can

Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay in timely manner. Change. No values and forget about being nimble they will eat you alive and then fire you on the spot.

Cons

They dont know what they are doing and would do anything with their charm and glamour to entice you.

Lawsuits will catch up on you for abusing employees

The comedy still continues

Current Employee - Director of Information Technology  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Located across the street from DuClaws. I love the wings.

Cons

Let me see where do I begin....

The CTO is the worst I've ever had the non-privilege to work for. Really. My mom taught me if I did not have anything good to say, then don't. I have nothing good to say about his leadership and vision.

Software development inside of Inovalon is full of great developers that have been duped to work for Batman's arch nemesis, the Penguin. Really, brute force has replaced sound development practices, integrity, and mission. I truly feel sorry for any technical resource still at Inovalon. I know everyone, and I do mean everyone is attempting to find another job.

Finally, program and project management. Whew... what can I say about the hottest place in the bible that hasn't already been said. Seriously, this program and project management features bickering project and program managers jockeying for position so that only one group gets laid off.

CMS and Medicaid, please take a look at this company's business practices.

Please fire yourselves.

InovaJoke - If your an Registered Nurse RUN...RUN...RUN...RUN

Former Employee - Clinical Communications Nurse  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Clinical Communications Nurse in Tampa, FL

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

Pros

PAY is better than average for inexperienced nurses , about average for an experienced nurse. If your inexperienced this is a great place to work. They are looking for warm bodies to act like nurses. If you are an experienced Nurse, you will be politely asked to check your brain at the door and regurgitate a ridiculous script drafted by the Director of Clinical Operations.

Cons

EVERYTHING about this company and its values stinks. They treat employees like cattle. Grow eyes in the back of your head. George Orwell had Inovalon in mind when he wrote 1984. Management at all levels are incompetent and dictatorial. The President is the most pompous, self absorbed, arrogant individual on the planet.

Clean house starting with Dr. Dunleavy. Get a conscious, 100% turnover is not something you fix with a corporate INSPIRE values program that is not worth the paper its on. Stop requiring employees to write positive reviews. They all sound the same, "exciting, energetic, fast paced, bla bla bla. Hire some creative propaganda writers. STOP requiring nurses to contact members in states they are not licensed to practice !!
    That is illegal !!! I hope this post has INSPIREd someone.

Not a bad company

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

great place to gain experience

Cons

upper management does not listen very well

Nice place to work but hours vary

Current Employee - Site Review Consultant
    Current Employee - Site Review Consultant

I have been working at Inovalon for more than a year

Pros

The work that you do requires a lot of sitting down in front of a computer and most of the time you are at home which is a positive. You do travel when the job requires you to go to a site but the company reimburses for mileage. The hours of this job varies, during the summer it is busy but the winter time no jobs.

Cons

When I first started with this company they seem to care about their employees but as time went on they only cared about how many times the company's name was mentioned in the newspaper.

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!