Inovalon Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
2.5

Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros
  • Mentally stimulating and Flexible (able to work from home) (in 23 reviews)

• You'll learn a lot about Medicare Advantage plans (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The office culture is definitely for employees striving for work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• High turnover rate and benefits could be better (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

At first it was great...

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon (less than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy the work I do here and I believe in the product I support. The majority of the people I work with are highly intelligent. The work is challenging and fast paced. You will learn a lot if you are open to it. The PTO is available for use on your 91st day of employment which is really great because you're definitely going to need to use it to stay recharged (and to look for another job). There are plenty of opportunities for advancement in other areas, but that's because the turnover rates are very high.

Cons

I cannot tell you the number of employees I've seen resign and I've only been employed here for 6 months. In my department and throughout the company, people are definitely overworked, stressed and hard work is not appreciated or acknowledged. You can expect to work very long hours daily without any extra compensation. The pay is ok but insufficient for the workload you are expected to maintain. The benefits package is ok but it could be a lot better. If you expect to have a life outside of Inovalon, then this is probably not the best place for you. This is definitely not the place for someone who cares about having a home life and a family.

Focus on your employees. Pay attention to the reasons why they are leaving. Inovalon has the potential to be a great company but that will never happen if you don't find a way to attract and retain skilled and valuable employees.

InovaJoke - If your an Registered Nurse RUN...RUN...RUN...RUN

Former Employee - Clinical Communications Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Clinical Communications Nurse in Tampa, FL

I worked at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PAY is better than average for inexperienced nurses , about average for an experienced nurse. If your inexperienced this is a great place to work. They are looking for warm bodies to act like nurses. If you are an experienced Nurse, you will be politely asked to check your brain at the door and regurgitate a ridiculous script drafted by the Director of Clinical Operations.

Cons

EVERYTHING about this company and its values stinks. They treat employees like cattle. Grow eyes in the back of your head. George Orwell had Inovalon in mind when he wrote 1984. Management at all levels are incompetent and dictatorial. The President is the most pompous, self absorbed, arrogant individual on the planet.

Clean house starting with Dr. Dunleavy. Get a conscious, 100% turnover is not something you fix with a corporate INSPIRE values program that is not worth the paper its on. Stop requiring employees to write positive reviews. They all sound the same, "exciting, energetic, fast paced, bla bla bla. Hire some creative propaganda writers. STOP requiring nurses to contact members in states they are not licensed to practice !!
    That is illegal !!! I hope this post has INSPIREd someone.

"Worst company" ever worked for in my entire career history...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. I regret joining Inovalon. I did not read the reviews before joining and blame myself for putting me in jobless situation for months. Should have connected with current employees before joining. I do not recommend this company to anybody. Politics in this company is worst than "House of cards".

Cons

This company hires and lays off people within no time mainly due to bad management . Not a stable company to work for. Massive layoffs due to client loss with teams walking out every single day with super high attrition rates. In addition to this, the reputation of this company stinks in the market . Which company changes its name?

Stop hiring people if you cannot retain them.
    Consider changing your "Company Name" again.

The comedy still continues

Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Located across the street from DuClaws. I love the wings.

Cons

Let me see where do I begin....

The CTO is the worst I've ever had the non-privilege to work for. Really. My mom taught me if I did not have anything good to say, then don't. I have nothing good to say about his leadership and vision.

Software development inside of Inovalon is full of great developers that have been duped to work for Batman's arch nemesis, the Penguin. Really, brute force has replaced sound development practices, integrity, and mission. I truly feel sorry for any technical resource still at Inovalon. I know everyone, and I do mean everyone is attempting to find another job.

Finally, program and project management. Whew... what can I say about the hottest place in the bible that hasn't already been said. Seriously, this program and project management features bickering project and program managers jockeying for position so that only one group gets laid off.

CMS and Medicaid, please take a look at this company's business practices.

Please fire yourselves.

Run as fast as you can

Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay in timely manner. Change. No values and forget about being nimble they will eat you alive and then fire you on the spot.

Cons

They dont know what they are doing and would do anything with their charm and glamour to entice you.

Lawsuits will catch up on you for abusing employees

Not a company for young talent

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

professional work environment, industry leader, hard working peers

Cons

no culture.
    a company that sells software should cater to their development and IT staff - this is not the case.
    compensation is based on a percentage increase more than performance based this includes a promotion. If you start behind, you will be behind.

invest more in your people. your office's are drab. your employees are dull. your software reflects that.

InAttention to Detail

Current Employee - RN Remote Reviewer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - RN Remote Reviewer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home with no travel is definitely a plus.

Cons

Always feel like you are going to be laid off or fired.

Start listening to employees - stop sending everything " up the chain". One hand doesn't know what the other is doing !

Field Technician

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

Good pay and hours and no weekends

Cons

Not enough hours less than part time

Too many higher ups getting paid alot.

Company has a future, but not sure it'll get there

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunities exist, the salary is fair, the benefits are adequate. The people are generally friendly and the work hours have some flexibility.

Cons

Work/life balance exists for most of the worker bees, but not for the management team in general. The leaders are all afraid of the owner of the company. I think the company would do much better with better direction, although the company has made some advanced technological capital investments (Big Data and Private Cloud). Very stressful work environment.

Think about why people are leaving and be honest about what you're being told. The staff seems to be wasting a lot of time providing whatever the need of today is coming from the top and then the management trying to figure out how to make sure Keith is happy instead of being honest with him. A few of the top level execs don't like to hear bad news, so they have surrounded themselves with "yes" people. Not a healthy executive group for the company to move foreward.

Not for everyone

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

Inovalon is an exciting place to work, a job environment that demands high quality work and high quantity of work. Supportive supervisors who really care about whether you succeed, and help you to do so. Usually it is possible to balance work and home life, as schedule is set. You work 40 hours per week, no more is encouraged. Weekends off!

Cons

It is a very fast paced environment with many changes as Inovalon grows, you just learn a system and it changes. Also standards that one is measured against keep changing as well. Some of these changes are communicated well and others are not. It is a very controlled environment, sometimes it feels like micro-management. Benefits are limited and insurance company used has changed each year. Despite growth in one area, layoffs can occur in another. Limited opportunities for growth.