Inovalon Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
2.4

Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros
  • Mentally stimulating and Flexible (able to work from home) (in 22 reviews)

• You'll learn a lot about Medicare Advantage plans (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The office culture is definitely for employees striving for work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• High turnover rate and benefits could be better (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

The comedy still continues

Current Employee - Director of Information Technology  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Located across the street from DuClaws. I love the wings.

Cons

Let me see where do I begin....

The CTO is the worst I've ever had the non-privilege to work for. Really. My mom taught me if I did not have anything good to say, then don't. I have nothing good to say about his leadership and vision.

Software development inside of Inovalon is full of great developers that have been duped to work for Batman's arch nemesis, the Penguin. Really, brute force has replaced sound development practices, integrity, and mission. I truly feel sorry for any technical resource still at Inovalon. I know everyone, and I do mean everyone is attempting to find another job.

Finally, program and project management. Whew... what can I say about the hottest place in the bible that hasn't already been said. Seriously, this program and project management features bickering project and program managers jockeying for position so that only one group gets laid off.

CMS and Medicaid, please take a look at this company's business practices.

Please fire yourselves.

Run as fast as you can

Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay in timely manner. Change. No values and forget about being nimble they will eat you alive and then fire you on the spot.

Cons

They dont know what they are doing and would do anything with their charm and glamour to entice you.

Lawsuits will catch up on you for abusing employees

Field Technician

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

Good pay and hours and no weekends

Cons

Not enough hours less than part time

Too many higher ups getting paid alot.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a company for young talent

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

professional work environment, industry leader, hard working peers

Cons

no culture.
    a company that sells software should cater to their development and IT staff - this is not the case.
    compensation is based on a percentage increase more than performance based this includes a promotion. If you start behind, you will be behind.

invest more in your people. your office's are drab. your employees are dull. your software reflects that.

InAttention to Detail

Current Employee - RN Remote Reviewer  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - RN Remote Reviewer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working from home with no travel is definitely a plus.

Cons

Always feel like you are going to be laid off or fired.

Start listening to employees - stop sending everything " up the chain". One hand doesn't know what the other is doing !

Company has a future, but not sure it'll get there

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunities exist, the salary is fair, the benefits are adequate. The people are generally friendly and the work hours have some flexibility.

Cons

Work/life balance exists for most of the worker bees, but not for the management team in general. The leaders are all afraid of the owner of the company. I think the company would do much better with better direction, although the company has made some advanced technological capital investments (Big Data and Private Cloud). Very stressful work environment.

Think about why people are leaving and be honest about what you're being told. The staff seems to be wasting a lot of time providing whatever the need of today is coming from the top and then the management trying to figure out how to make sure Keith is happy instead of being honest with him. A few of the top level execs don't like to hear bad news, so they have surrounded themselves with "yes" people. Not a healthy executive group for the company to move foreward.

Not for everyone

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

Inovalon is an exciting place to work, a job environment that demands high quality work and high quantity of work. Supportive supervisors who really care about whether you succeed, and help you to do so. Usually it is possible to balance work and home life, as schedule is set. You work 40 hours per week, no more is encouraged. Weekends off!

Cons

It is a very fast paced environment with many changes as Inovalon grows, you just learn a system and it changes. Also standards that one is measured against keep changing as well. Some of these changes are communicated well and others are not. It is a very controlled environment, sometimes it feels like micro-management. Benefits are limited and insurance company used has changed each year. Despite growth in one area, layoffs can occur in another. Limited opportunities for growth.

If you have the right leadership, great place, otherwise....

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to learn new things

Cons

Too much change going on hour by hour. Very hard to get focused on delivering products.

Focus

The most amazing job experience of a lifetime.

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

The opportunity to contribute to innovation.

Cons

Work hours and demanding timelines.

Reward middle management.

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

You'll learn a lot about Medicare Advantage plans. And every day you'll wonder if CMS knows how much money those plans are funneling to companies like this. Quite amazing that Medicare hasn't cracked down harder on stuff like this.

Cons

Emails at all hours of the day and night. You'll have trouble sleeping at night because you're either: a) feeling guilty about having misled clients that day, b) feeling nervous about having to mislead clients the next day, c) feeling anxious about whether you should continue to stick around for the supposed big sale or other event that's supposedly going to happen and make the miserable experience all worth it OR d) feeling disgruntled because you know even if the big event happens you won't make enough $ from it to justify the years of disrespect and angst

Not a single African American, Latino, Indian, or Asian member on the company's ELT site? Seriously?
    Stop wasting hardworking people's time by promising things that won't materialize. It's messing with people's minds and makes them stick around longer than they ever would.
    Stop squeezing health plans for every possible penny that they have. It's really embarrassing and unprofessional and unethical. Forces your client facing employees into terribly uncomfortable positions EVERY DAY.
    Here's a better idea: don't be so greedy. And you'll notice slightly less negative reviews popping up on the web (eventually).

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!