Inovalon Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
264 reviews filtered by

Field Technician

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

Good pay and hours and no weekends

Cons

Not enough hours less than part time

Advice to Management

Too many higher ups getting paid alot.

I have worked for this company for 4yrs and its pleasant.

Current Contractor - Review Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Contractor - Review Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Inovalon as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work from home and its the best environment

Cons

Working from home, you don't get any feed back from your supervisor

Advice to Management

They need to provide advancement and more cross training

“An Exciting Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inovalon has great potential in an industry that is rapidly growing and fosters professional growth if you are willing to work hard for it. Friendly environment and decent work/life balance (based on the department).

Cons

High turnover rate and benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Better communication to associates because they are not hearing the message.

Not for everyone

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

Inovalon is an exciting place to work, a job environment that demands high quality work and high quantity of work. Supportive supervisors who really care about whether you succeed, and help you to do so. Usually it is possible to balance work and home life, as schedule is set. You work 40 hours per week, no more is encouraged. Weekends off!

Cons

It is a very fast paced environment with many changes as Inovalon grows, you just learn a system and it changes. Also standards that one is measured against keep changing as well. Some of these changes are communicated well and others are not. It is a very controlled environment, sometimes it feels like micro-management. Benefits are limited and insurance company used has changed each year. Despite growth in one area, layoffs can occur in another. Limited opportunities for growth.

"Worst company" ever worked for in my entire career history...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I regret joining Inovalon. I did not read the reviews before joining and blame myself for putting me in jobless situation for months. Should have connected with current employees before joining. I do not recommend this company to anybody. Politics in this company is worst than "House of cards".

Cons

This company hires and lays off people within no time mainly due to bad management . Not a stable company to work for. Massive layoffs due to client loss with teams walking out every single day with super high attrition rates. In addition to this, the reputation of this company stinks in the market . Which company changes its name?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people if you cannot retain them.
    Consider changing your "Company Name" again.

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

You'll learn a lot about Medicare Advantage plans. And every day you'll wonder if CMS knows how much money those plans are funneling to companies like this. Quite amazing that Medicare hasn't cracked down harder on stuff like this.

Cons

Emails at all hours of the day and night. You'll have trouble sleeping at night because you're either: a) feeling guilty about having misled clients that day, b) feeling nervous about having to mislead clients the next day, c) feeling anxious about whether you should continue to stick around for the supposed big sale or other event that's supposedly going to happen and make the miserable experience all worth it OR d) feeling disgruntled because you know even if the big event happens you won't make enough $ from it to justify the years of disrespect and angst

Advice to Management

Not a single African American, Latino, Indian, or Asian member on the company's ELT site? Seriously?
    Stop wasting hardworking people's time by promising things that won't materialize. It's messing with people's minds and makes them stick around longer than they ever would.
    Stop squeezing health plans for every possible penny that they have. It's really embarrassing and unprofessional and unethical. Forces your client facing employees into terribly uncomfortable positions EVERY DAY.
    Here's a better idea: don't be so greedy. And you'll notice slightly less negative reviews popping up on the web (eventually).

Not a company for young talent

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

professional work environment, industry leader, hard working peers

Cons

no culture.
    a company that sells software should cater to their development and IT staff - this is not the case.
    compensation is based on a percentage increase more than performance based this includes a promotion. If you start behind, you will be behind.

Advice to Management

invest more in your people. your office's are drab. your employees are dull. your software reflects that.

Run as fast as you can

Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst Nurse in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay in timely manner. Change. No values and forget about being nimble they will eat you alive and then fire you on the spot.

Cons

They dont know what they are doing and would do anything with their charm and glamour to entice you.

Advice to Management

Lawsuits will catch up on you for abusing employees

If you have the right leadership, great place, otherwise....

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to learn new things

Cons

Too much change going on hour by hour. Very hard to get focused on delivering products.

Advice to Management

Focus

The comedy still continues

Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Director of Information Technology in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Located across the street from DuClaws. I love the wings.

Cons

Let me see where do I begin....

The CTO is the worst I've ever had the non-privilege to work for. Really. My mom taught me if I did not have anything good to say, then don't. I have nothing good to say about his leadership and vision.

Software development inside of Inovalon is full of great developers that have been duped to work for Batman's arch nemesis, the Penguin. Really, brute force has replaced sound development practices, integrity, and mission. I truly feel sorry for any technical resource still at Inovalon. I know everyone, and I do mean everyone is attempting to find another job.

Finally, program and project management. Whew... what can I say about the hottest place in the bible that hasn't already been said. Seriously, this program and project management features bickering project and program managers jockeying for position so that only one group gets laid off.

CMS and Medicaid, please take a look at this company's business practices.

Advice to Management

Please fire yourselves.