Inscope International

Add Photos

Inscope International President and CEO Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce

Quite Literally the Best Job I've Ever Had

Senior Developer (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsI'm not sure about the reviews that were written before 2012, but I have to say I couldn't be happier working at InScope. From what I've come to understand, HR and management is aware the negative reviews here on GlassDoor, and take them seriously, going so far as to have a yearly employee summit and conducting yearly reviews with each employee to get their feedback about the company.

The work is challenging and exciting, and the development team is using cutting edge technologies / frameworks while practicing agile methodologies like SCRUM. All of the software engineers are knowledgeable, professional, and extremely friendly / approachable. If you're in IT and want to be on the cutting edge, look no further.

Mike Bruce, the CEO is a great guy and truly cares about his employees, and doesn't put himself above others. He can regularly be seen emptying the dishwasher in the cafeteria, and eating with employees during the free lunch provided on Friday.

Several times throughout the year the company engages in community outreach programs like serving dinner at a homeless shelter.

ConsI legitimately cannot think of anything

Advice to Senior ManagementIts obvious you care about your employees, keep on doing what you're doing!

Stimulating work environment with great people.

ProsInScope is a wonderful company to work for with a work environment that is professional yet congenial. I truly believe our CEO Mike Bruce genuinely cares about his employees while pursuing a triple bottom line strategy of people, profit and planet. I highly recommend InScope!

Conssome mild siloing between departments

Great place to work! Lots of focus on the employee experience, very innovative business model!

ProsThe office environment is great - from the décor that encourages community, to the free Friday lunches and the weekly newsletter highlighting team achievements, employee bios, etc, to the monthly "InService" opportunities for employees to work on charitable projects together - this is a very employee-focused company. Additionally, the "innovation-factory" mission statement speaks of the Owners' encouragement of employee's contributing to solving big policy and market challenges with new technologies and solutions.

ConsThe hiring process is a bit clunky, and there doesn't seem to be much traditional HR support in terms of performance standards or evaluations either. But, if you can get passed that, its definitely worth sticking with it so you can be a part of this fantastic culture!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best company I have worked for.

ProsThe company has integrity, a clear vision, led by one of the most remarkable individuals I have met in my career. InScope is a growing business with many opportunities for advancement. The dedication to the community is admirable. Most employees I have met and interacted with are very pleased as well.

ConsNot for the individual who is not dedicated, creative, and requires micromanagement. The company is multi-facet and you may be required to wear multiple hats. This is not necessarily a con, just something to keep in mind if you want to work for InScope.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate your vision and continue to encourage growth. Busy schedules sometimes impair communication. Make time for interaction.

Great company, talented people, exciting work

ProsInScope is a great place to work for many reasons.

The people: The people are highly talented and motivated. The workplace is very friendly and has a great work-life balance.

The office: The clean, modern office is a joy

The work: InScope only takes on meaningful work. We use bleeding edge technology to solve important problems.

ConsVery few! It's unfortunate that these sites attract a vocal minority when it comes to reviews. I suggest seeking current employees if you want a fair review. The ones left here are absolutely not representative! (And more than a little baffling)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great leadership vision but subpar follow through

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsThe company has a great vision and mission but does not implement what it preaches

ConsCommunication both within the teams and amongst teams is very bad. There is not much growth opportunity in the organization. Management is the worst and not very fair to say the least. What the leadership team preaches and what direct management follows are worlds apart. Employees do not have much interaction with the leadership team.HR is not very accessible.Integrity of managers is questionable.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake HR accessible and interact with the employees more. Do a 360 degree review where you can get feedback of managers, it's unbelievable what they get away with!

avg company

Reston, VA

Prosreasonable company to work for if you are satisfied with being at the career level that you are already at.

ConsNot much scope to grow at all.
    Management is a little biased and not very open to people from outside the inner circle to grow.
    HR is extremely slow to move things around.

Advice to Senior Managementunderstand clients better and try to set forth a definitive career growth for employees. Providing recognition for achievements would be more appreciated.

Bad Exeperience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay for overseas position

ConsWas recruited away from a 6 figure job for a 3 year contract job they told me they had.I quit my job and didn’t hear from the VP who had recruited me for 2 weeks on where or how to start. He finally emailed me to say they didn’t get the contract they were bidding on that they hired me for. Turned out they hired me without having the contract yet. I couldn’t go back to my old job and they had no position to put me in. I sent an email to President of the company and HR with no response. Left phone messages again no response.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntergrity would be my suggestion.

Very rewarding and a great place to learn and grow.

ProsInScope has provided me with great opportunities to learn more, the ability to grow and mature within a position, and the culture/ team environment is outstanding!

ConsCommunication between departments, leadership, and employees was a concern of the past but the implementation of new policies, the introduction of new technologies, as well as the continual efforts of leadership has improved this area tremedously.

Somewhat Satisified

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe company seems to be growing which is a good thing.

ConsManagement doesnt listen to their employess

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Worked for Inscope International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Inscope International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Inscope International CEO Mike Bruce. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Inscope International employees.