Inscope International

Quite Literally the Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Inscope International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm not sure about the reviews that were written before 2012, but I have to say I couldn't be happier working at InScope. From what I've come to understand, HR and management is aware the negative reviews here on GlassDoor, and take them seriously, going so far as to have a yearly employee summit and conducting yearly reviews with each employee to get their feedback about the company.

The work is challenging and exciting, and the development team is using cutting edge technologies / frameworks while practicing agile methodologies like SCRUM. All of the software engineers are knowledgeable, professional, and extremely friendly / approachable. If you're in IT and want to be on the cutting edge, look no further.

Mike Bruce, the CEO is a great guy and truly cares about his employees, and doesn't put himself above others. He can regularly be seen emptying the dishwasher in the cafeteria, and eating with employees during the free lunch provided on Friday.

Several times throughout the year the company engages in community outreach programs like serving dinner at a homeless shelter.

Cons

I legitimately cannot think of anything

Its obvious you care about your employees, keep on doing what you're doing!

The best company I have worked for.

I have been working at Inscope International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has integrity, a clear vision, led by one of the most remarkable individuals I have met in my career. InScope is a growing business with many opportunities for advancement. The dedication to the community is admirable. Most employees I have met and interacted with are very pleased as well.

Cons

Not for the individual who is not dedicated, creative, and requires micromanagement. The company is multi-facet and you may be required to wear multiple hats. This is not necessarily a con, just something to keep in mind if you want to work for InScope.

Continue to communicate your vision and continue to encourage growth. Busy schedules sometimes impair communication. Make time for interaction.

Stimulating work environment with great people.

I have been working at Inscope International full-time for more than a year

Pros

InScope is a wonderful company to work for with a work environment that is professional yet congenial. I truly believe our CEO Mike Bruce genuinely cares about his employees while pursuing a triple bottom line strategy of people, profit and planet. I highly recommend InScope!

Cons

some mild siloing between departments

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work! Lots of focus on the employee experience, very innovative business model!

I have been working at Inscope International full-time

Pros

The office environment is great - from the décor that encourages community, to the free Friday lunches and the weekly newsletter highlighting team achievements, employee bios, etc, to the monthly "InService" opportunities for employees to work on charitable projects together - this is a very employee-focused company. Additionally, the "innovation-factory" mission statement speaks of the Owners' encouragement of employee's contributing to solving big policy and market challenges with new technologies and solutions.

Cons

The hiring process is a bit clunky, and there doesn't seem to be much traditional HR support in terms of performance standards or evaluations either. But, if you can get passed that, its definitely worth sticking with it so you can be a part of this fantastic culture!

Great company, talented people, exciting work

I have been working at Inscope International full-time

Pros

InScope is a great place to work for many reasons.

The people: The people are highly talented and motivated. The workplace is very friendly and has a great work-life balance.

The office: The clean, modern office is a joy

The work: InScope only takes on meaningful work. We use bleeding edge technology to solve important problems.

Cons

Very few! It's unfortunate that these sites attract a vocal minority when it comes to reviews. I suggest seeking current employees if you want a fair review. The ones left here are absolutely not representative! (And more than a little baffling)

Keep up the good work.

Great leadership vision but subpar follow through

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Inscope International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great vision and mission but does not implement what it preaches

Cons

Communication both within the teams and amongst teams is very bad. There is not much growth opportunity in the organization. Management is the worst and not very fair to say the least. What the leadership team preaches and what direct management follows are worlds apart. Employees do not have much interaction with the leadership team.HR is not very accessible.Integrity of managers is questionable.

Make HR accessible and interact with the employees more. Do a 360 degree review where you can get feedback of managers, it's unbelievable what they get away with!

avg company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Inscope International

Pros

reasonable company to work for if you are satisfied with being at the career level that you are already at.

Cons

Not much scope to grow at all.
    Management is a little biased and not very open to people from outside the inner circle to grow.
    HR is extremely slow to move things around.

understand clients better and try to set forth a definitive career growth for employees. Providing recognition for achievements would be more appreciated.

Bad Exeperience

I worked at Inscope International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for overseas position

Cons

Was recruited away from a 6 figure job for a 3 year contract job they told me they had.I quit my job and didn’t hear from the VP who had recruited me for 2 weeks on where or how to start. He finally emailed me to say they didn’t get the contract they were bidding on that they hired me for. Turned out they hired me without having the contract yet. I couldn’t go back to my old job and they had no position to put me in. I sent an email to President of the company and HR with no response. Left phone messages again no response.

Intergrity would be my suggestion.

Very rewarding and a great place to learn and grow.

I have been working at Inscope International

Pros

InScope has provided me with great opportunities to learn more, the ability to grow and mature within a position, and the culture/ team environment is outstanding!

Cons

Communication between departments, leadership, and employees was a concern of the past but the implementation of new policies, the introduction of new technologies, as well as the continual efforts of leadership has improved this area tremedously.

Somewhat Satisified

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Inscope International

Pros

The company seems to be growing which is a good thing.

Cons

Management doesnt listen to their employess

Listen to your employees

Worked for Inscope International? Contribute to the Community!