InsideSales.Com Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014

2.9

David Elkington

Pros
  • The company is growing rapidly but at the expense of the regular employees (in 10 reviews)

• Free soda, for the most part good people to work with at your level (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It's ridiculous how much attention upper management pays to sites like this (in 9 reviews)

• We in development work tirelessly while the sales team get all the reward (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A good place to learn, don't plan on staying too long.

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do practice what they preach in using best practices and methodologies. It's a great place to learn things that will help you be successful in your future position with a different company.

Cons

Low-pay. Upper management will treat you like it's a privilege for you to work there. Don't drink the Kool-aid and you'll be fine.

Let your dept heads do their jobs and don't micro-manage every aspect of the business.

"It's a trap!"

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Administrative in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time for more than a year

Pros

To their credit they give kids a job and OK benefits right out of college. They are willing to give people a chance with very little experience. Their recruiting skills are amazing and about 90% of the employees at the company are intelligent, competent, driven, and enthusiastic (at least for a while, before the soul-sucking begins).

Cons

Just like has been said in other reviews (and look at how many people found helpful rather than the fake reviews marketing and HR posted) the recruiters bait you with promises of "opportunity" and "advancement". This is only partially true, it only creates "opportunity" for you to advance within the company and get a few promotions to make your resume look good. Then you get out as soon as you can find a better job. Turn over at Insidesales.com is unbelievably high.

If you perform, you will get promoted, and quickly. But these promotions come with very meager increases in salary. They are starting MBAs off in customer service at $12.00 and hour. After sIx months of that you get a big promotion to $14.00 an hour! The advancement and opportunity advertisement they hit you with is misleading. Although you can work your way up, when you finally get there the almighty CEO holds virtually all the decision making to himself. You can't even get him to buy chairs for his employees without begging him for a year (still no chairs). People bring their own pens and chairs, and office supplies to work. This is a company with over 300 employees. The wall at the office have exposed studs and we all work in giant rows of IKEA desks. They attribute all this to having a"scrappy" culture, but come see for yourself, this place is a dump, it is a joke.

By the way some of you may have heard the promise - "every 90 days we perform performance evaluations, if you perform well, there is a possibility for a raise!" Well, I worked there for a year and not even one performance review.

The culture is toxic. Management does everything at the last minute and is completely disorganized. All power is held by the micromanaging CEO and his lackeys. Projects, proposals, purchase orders, anything and everything waits on the CEO's desk while he goes on vacation or walks around micromanaging every faucet of the company.

I worked for the administration. So I had a lot of contact with these guys. They are all complete egomaniacs, except for perhaps the CMO, he at least has some credentials and he has direction for the company. Never in my life have I felt this way about a company or a job, I love my current position and get paid double. I also have liked or loved working in every other job I've ever had, but not this one.

If you can't find a job, you can probably survive here long enough to get a cute little sticker on your resume, but then get the heck out.

Stop micromanaging Mr. CEO. Also I'm calling out the CFO - stop being the CEO's lackey! You're a smart guy, help the CEO let the company reach its potential by helping him let go of micromanaging every dang thing! Don't turn into him! There is still hope (maybe)! Save the company ahhhhhhhh!

I wish there was a way to put negative stars on the company rating to make up for the fake positive reviews.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have a job...or is that also a con? I do get a paycheck, though it feels like filthy money, taken from clients that were over promised and under delivered.

Cons

This company is all talk and it is all lies. They spout off how they are the industry leader in this, that and the other all the while they can not implement their own philosophy. They treat employees like crap and say they have a great culture. The CEO is a numbers guy that views everyone as a number. His own co-founder and President can't stand him and though they try and act like all is good. The crap rolls downhill. The best way to describe the CEO is control freak. Science trumps intuition? Well let me know how that goes in the end when you are a lonely unloved man. You will be the number at that point when the population counter stops for that millisecond then ticks on.

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! Well as you can tell I am leaving the company as I type this. Managers, VP's, alike need to look for something else. RUN.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satisfied

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing really fast and if you have skills there is sometimes opportunity for growth or new positions.
    The insurance is okay, and there are multiple options.
    Most of the technology department is a social open layout. It is easy to talk to the people you need to work with.

Cons

There is a very high turnover rate in the QA department. In a period of about three months I had a manager an director quit because they found better jobs elsewhere.

Excited to be part of a game changer!

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

1 year here equals 3 years somewhere else. If you look at it like a career instead of a job and take it seriously, you get a higher return. You get out what you put in - and I've seen it first hand. Everyone wants everyone to win, and thats a great environment. The executives are also great! They have an open door policy (or so it looks like) and they bring experience and class to the company. They are very transparent, which I also like.

Cons

Two words: Purchase Orders - Unless you use funds from your departments monthly allowance, its quite a process to get things approved.

Make spending a little easier!

Great Place

Current Employee - Client Account Manager  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Client Account Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunity to find what you want. They help you succeed anyway they can.

Cons

Little too structured. Wish they gave more freedom instead of having a clock-in clock-out style.

Working at Insidesales.com has been a great experience

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

The benefits continue to improve. The culture continues to improve. I know there's frustration with improvement not happening fast enough, but I see efforts from management to continually progress. There's a continual struggle between do it right and do it fast. We've paid the price for doing it fast and I see more efforts and backing for doing it right. There is occasional overtime, but typical hours are 40-50, which is pretty good for software development.

Cons

There are still many remnants of the start-up culture, which include a bit of chaos and trying to crank out a new product or product feature in a short amount of time for some demo. Not a huge deal, but it does happen.

Maybe put more effort into bettering the dev environment. There are some resources put into it, but it feels lacking still.

A Decision I Regret

Former Employee - Sales  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free soda. Most of the lower level people are good and hard working. Well capitalized.

Cons

More of a call center than a professional sales organization. Extreme micro-management (Hey - they use their own products), high pressure. I felt many of the promises that were made to me during the recruiting process were not accurate (to put it nicely). Trying too hard to force growth. Have had some successes but they don't know how to build upon them. Products are expensive and not enough tools to help you build a strong proof of concept.

CEO needs to trust his subordinates more and delegate. Keep the promises you make during the recruiting process or don't make them in the 1st place. Build more proof of concept tools for sales. Back down a bit from the micro-managing and recognize that it's going to take sales people several months to build a decent pipeline and companies don't make major changes in just a month.

The Team, the Culture, Phenomenal!

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time for more than a year

Pros

First of all, I love my management team. Anyone in the business world will know there is a difference between a good manager and an actual mentor. From the VP of Sales down, I felt my management team has had an actual personal interest in helping me succeed as an individual. Although they expect a lot of time and hard work, they seek to give the employees under them ways to advance as individuals and in their professional lives even after leaving this company. (Minus one particular manager...)

Next, the company culture is fantastic. Although a lot of negative could be said about the CEO, he's a man who has earned my respect and knows how to help people thrive. He used to personally interview every employee hired to ensure they had not only the right skill set, but also the right personality to jive well with others in the company. Although this practice couldn't continue in such a growing company, I feel the culture has remained. And the best part is, it's not big enough yet that your voice can still be heard

Third, the growth has been very exciting. As the company continues to grow, more and more benefits are given to the employees. From healthcare to vacation days to good spiffs, the company wants to be one that takes care of it's people. They also put a lot of time and resources toward service, giving the employees an opportunity to serve the community around them during work hours. - Along these same lines, experiencing 100% year over year growth in the past 3-4 year and just taking on $100 Million in funding this year, this is definitely the place to be over the next decade.

Lastly, the products sold actually help our clients. Ok, as a part of the SaaS industry, the technology still has technical issues here and there. But as a whole, this company has found its niche and will take it a long way as the industry leader with a quality platform. This is something I can believe in and feel good about selling.

Cons

The first downfall to this company goes along with the good, it's high growth rate. With any company that is vastly expanding, you will have a lot of growing pains. Information gets lost sometimes, organization is a little choppy, and you need to be proactive to get things done. If you expect anyone to do something for you, don't. They have their own stuff to focus on.

These growing pains also require quite a bit of patience. We were given a new pay plan in January/February of this year and didn't get the paperwork till June! That's a long time! But, they still honored everything in the plan, so no harm no foul.

As a part of the sales team, this is a high stress environment. Yeah, we still have fun and the spiffs (which honestly used to be very lame) have gotten a lot better, we are put under the microscope. Performance expectations are high, even without a lot to work with at times. This forces you to think out of the box. If you are looking for an easy job, this is definitely not it. You will also be required to stay late, and often at the end of the month when you don't have anything else you can do. This is supposed to "support your team." Yeah, I like that, but I also have a life outside of work.

There are times when promises seem to go unfulfilled. Yes, they do well most of the time, but when you are expecting a certain bonus or incentive that doesn't come for months after they are supposed to, that can be unsettling. All in all, they seem to keep themselves honest.

I like the management team and think they are doing a great job, for the most part. I think morning meetings every day are a bit ridiculous and really don't follow or our best practices. I would consider having the daily meeting at a less effective time.

There should be a difference between sick time and PTO. Because no one wants to be sick on their vacation. That would mean a lot to a lot of people, if we ever got to take our PTO anyway, it's nice to be well.

Maintain the personal interest in the growth your employees. As I said previously, there is a huge difference between a manager and a mentor. I love the mentor mentality that exists in my management team and feel that is a huge selling point for working here. It's not something you'll find in very many places.

I feel like Andy Dufresne trying to escape Shawshank

Current Employee - Chain-Gang Engineer  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Chain-Gang Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment for those who hate their spouse & need an excuse to come home late every night. Also great for those socially inept souls so they can claim their career is too important to actually have a life.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. You are worked to the point that you go home frustrated every night while dreading the next day.

Pretty much zero flexibility to come in early & leave early for family events or appointments.

While most coworkers are pretty cool & super hard working, nobody dares to let loose & make the work day fun. Fun & work seem to be an oxymoron here. Heaven forbid you converse with someone outside the realm of work topics, if a manager hears you he will tell you any non-work related discussions need to take place out in the hall where you won't disrupt others. It's a deadly silence where you feel the eyes of vultures stare into your soul.

I admit, I bought into the hype that this company was destined for greatness. A sane person can only hope & believe for so long. I'd compare it to marrying the girl of your dreams & after you've bought the ring, the house & minivan you find out she is "bat crap crazy." I'm out ASAP.

Give us engineers the power to properly design & plan projects so the LMP is stable enough that our own sales can use the same product that they are selling rather than cold call 2 year old leads off spreadsheets dug out of the archives.

To the CEO, 100% yoy growth just to stroke your ego is absurd. Make the right management decisions to keep up with growth. Use these reviews to put a plan together.

To all managers, for crying out loud quit the micromanaging! You have, beyond all reasoning, hired mostly exceptional people. Trust them to do their job & spend more time figuring out how to plan & manage projects.

I could go on but it's time to work on my resume.

Worked for InsideSales.Com? Contribute to the Community!