InsideSales.Com

www.insidesales.com

InsideSales.Com Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

David Elkington

Pros
  • The company is growing rapidly but at the expense of the regular employees(in 10 reviews)

• There are some really great people that you can learn a lot from and make great connections with(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It's ridiculous how much attention upper management pays to sites like this(in 9 reviews)

• We in development work tirelessly while the sales team get all the reward(in 6 reviews)

Satisfied

Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsThe company is growing really fast and if you have skills there is sometimes opportunity for growth or new positions.
    The insurance is okay, and there are multiple options.
    Most of the technology department is a social open layout. It is easy to talk to the people you need to work with.

ConsThere is a very high turnover rate in the QA department. In a period of about three months I had a manager an director quit because they found better jobs elsewhere.

Great Place

Client Account Manager (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsGrowing company with lots of opportunity to find what you want. They help you succeed anyway they can.

ConsLittle too structured. Wish they gave more freedom instead of having a clock-in clock-out style.

Excited to be part of a game changer!

Pros1 year here equals 3 years somewhere else. If you look at it like a career instead of a job and take it seriously, you get a higher return. You get out what you put in - and I've seen it first hand. Everyone wants everyone to win, and thats a great environment. The executives are also great! They have an open door policy (or so it looks like) and they bring experience and class to the company. They are very transparent, which I also like.

ConsTwo words: Purchase Orders - Unless you use funds from your departments monthly allowance, its quite a process to get things approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake spending a little easier!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Insidesales.com has been a great experience

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsThe benefits continue to improve. The culture continues to improve. I know there's frustration with improvement not happening fast enough, but I see efforts from management to continually progress. There's a continual struggle between do it right and do it fast. We've paid the price for doing it fast and I see more efforts and backing for doing it right. There is occasional overtime, but typical hours are 40-50, which is pretty good for software development.

ConsThere are still many remnants of the start-up culture, which include a bit of chaos and trying to crank out a new product or product feature in a short amount of time for some demo. Not a huge deal, but it does happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe put more effort into bettering the dev environment. There are some resources put into it, but it feels lacking still.

A Decision I Regret

Sales (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsFree soda. Most of the lower level people are good and hard working. Well capitalized.

ConsMore of a call center than a professional sales organization. Extreme micro-management (Hey - they use their own products), high pressure. I felt many of the promises that were made to me during the recruiting process were not accurate (to put it nicely). Trying too hard to force growth. Have had some successes but they don't know how to build upon them. Products are expensive and not enough tools to help you build a strong proof of concept.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to trust his subordinates more and delegate. Keep the promises you make during the recruiting process or don't make them in the 1st place. Build more proof of concept tools for sales. Back down a bit from the micro-managing and recognize that it's going to take sales people several months to build a decent pipeline and companies don't make major changes in just a month.

The Team, the Culture, Phenomenal!

Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsFirst of all, I love my management team. Anyone in the business world will know there is a difference between a good manager and an actual mentor. From the VP of Sales down, I felt my management team has had an actual personal interest in helping me succeed as an individual. Although they expect a lot of time and hard work, they seek to give the employees under them ways to advance as individuals and in their professional lives even after leaving this company. (Minus one particular manager...)

Next, the company culture is fantastic. Although a lot of negative could be said about the CEO, he's a man who has earned my respect and knows how to help people thrive. He used to personally interview every employee hired to ensure they had not only the right skill set, but also the right personality to jive well with others in the company. Although this practice couldn't continue in such a growing company, I feel the culture has remained. And the best part is, it's not big enough yet that your voice can still be heard

Third, the growth has been very exciting. As the company continues to grow, more and more benefits are given to the employees. From healthcare to vacation days to good spiffs, the company wants to be one that takes care of it's people. They also put a lot of time and resources toward service, giving the employees an opportunity to serve the community around them during work hours. - Along these same lines, experiencing 100% year over year growth in the past 3-4 year and just taking on $100 Million in funding this year, this is definitely the place to be over the next decade.

Lastly, the products sold actually help our clients. Ok, as a part of the SaaS industry, the technology still has technical issues here and there. But as a whole, this company has found its niche and will take it a long way as the industry leader with a quality platform. This is something I can believe in and feel good about selling.

ConsThe first downfall to this company goes along with the good, it's high growth rate. With any company that is vastly expanding, you will have a lot of growing pains. Information gets lost sometimes, organization is a little choppy, and you need to be proactive to get things done. If you expect anyone to do something for you, don't. They have their own stuff to focus on.

These growing pains also require quite a bit of patience. We were given a new pay plan in January/February of this year and didn't get the paperwork till June! That's a long time! But, they still honored everything in the plan, so no harm no foul.

As a part of the sales team, this is a high stress environment. Yeah, we still have fun and the spiffs (which honestly used to be very lame) have gotten a lot better, we are put under the microscope. Performance expectations are high, even without a lot to work with at times. This forces you to think out of the box. If you are looking for an easy job, this is definitely not it. You will also be required to stay late, and often at the end of the month when you don't have anything else you can do. This is supposed to "support your team." Yeah, I like that, but I also have a life outside of work.

There are times when promises seem to go unfulfilled. Yes, they do well most of the time, but when you are expecting a certain bonus or incentive that doesn't come for months after they are supposed to, that can be unsettling. All in all, they seem to keep themselves honest.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the management team and think they are doing a great job, for the most part. I think morning meetings every day are a bit ridiculous and really don't follow or our best practices. I would consider having the daily meeting at a less effective time.

There should be a difference between sick time and PTO. Because no one wants to be sick on their vacation. That would mean a lot to a lot of people, if we ever got to take our PTO anyway, it's nice to be well.

Maintain the personal interest in the growth your employees. As I said previously, there is a huge difference between a manager and a mentor. I love the mentor mentality that exists in my management team and feel that is a huge selling point for working here. It's not something you'll find in very many places.

I feel like Andy Dufresne trying to escape Shawshank

Chain-Gang Engineer (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsGreat environment for those who hate their spouse & need an excuse to come home late every night. Also great for those socially inept souls so they can claim their career is too important to actually have a life.

ConsThere is no work/life balance. You are worked to the point that you go home frustrated every night while dreading the next day.

Pretty much zero flexibility to come in early & leave early for family events or appointments.

While most coworkers are pretty cool & super hard working, nobody dares to let loose & make the work day fun. Fun & work seem to be an oxymoron here. Heaven forbid you converse with someone outside the realm of work topics, if a manager hears you he will tell you any non-work related discussions need to take place out in the hall where you won't disrupt others. It's a deadly silence where you feel the eyes of vultures stare into your soul.

I admit, I bought into the hype that this company was destined for greatness. A sane person can only hope & believe for so long. I'd compare it to marrying the girl of your dreams & after you've bought the ring, the house & minivan you find out she is "bat crap crazy." I'm out ASAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us engineers the power to properly design & plan projects so the LMP is stable enough that our own sales can use the same product that they are selling rather than cold call 2 year old leads off spreadsheets dug out of the archives.

To the CEO, 100% yoy growth just to stroke your ego is absurd. Make the right management decisions to keep up with growth. Use these reviews to put a plan together.

To all managers, for crying out loud quit the micromanaging! You have, beyond all reasoning, hired mostly exceptional people. Trust them to do their job & spend more time figuring out how to plan & manage projects.

I could go on but it's time to work on my resume.

Fast growing company with culture of collaboration and teamwork.

Business Development Representative (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsGreat networking space with opportunities for career growth. Recently hired executives providing strategic direction. Reasonable compensation and commitment to transparency.

ConsOn the sales/business development floor you need to be competitive. However, the company provides training and insight. If you follow the best practices and engage you will be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the growth I know change is bound to happen and it can be a bit chaotic. Continue being transparent and communicating with employees as soon as possible.

High promises, low returns

Talent Acquisition Executive (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsFun people and really great teams. People stay because they like having friends at work. There is vision here. The product is truly changing the SaaS industry. There is a sort of contagious energy about the growth and excitement.

ConsPoor management, average compensation, expected to devote your life to them, and a general immaturity and chaotic feeling. Benefits are not great but definitely improving. Promise career growth but it really depends on your team and manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with kindness and respect, they will work harder and enjoy coming to the office. Follow through so expectations and goals are clear. Be a real leader through example, vision, work ethic and respect.

Over promise. Under deliver

Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsFree drinks. The people you work with are usually really cool hard working people. Other than that nothing else

ConsConstant issues with commission checks. Leads are often very outdated, management is often disconnected as to what's going on. There are two types of employees here, new and disgruntled as stated in the other reviews and that is 100% true. Management is extremely stingy and nickel and dimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people what they're worth

Worked for InsideSales.Com? Contribute to the Community!