InsideView
www.insideview.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

InsideView Reviews

Updated Mar 16, 2014

Umberto Milletti

The best company culture. And the best product!

Marketing (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone works hard and plays hard.
People truly care about each other and collaborate together to win.
Strong leadership team and product direction.
San Francisco location.

ConsNot close to any underground transportation options There is bus access and lots of parking, but it would be great if it was closer to Financial District.
It's a startup. Everyone works a LOT.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. This is a company that invests in their people as much as the technology.

Lots of energy and ideas, but short-sighted on best way to bring things to "flawless fruition."

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at InsideView full-time for more than a year

ProsHigh energy environment made up of fresh minded individuals with a thirst for furthering the company foot print. A saas resource that can truly help anyone who has ever carried a bag/quota to gain better traction with prospects and close deals within sales, marketing and account management depts.

Good Work/Life balance. Management truly allows you to have "room to breathe" and attend to things that are of both professional and personal priority. Open door policy. Access to all key leaders. There is no "ivory tower" mentality.

ConsLots of vision, but not much planning on how to cover all the areas (dev, deployment, support) related to new innovations. promotion to management seems to come about by default of the amount of time that you have been at the company rather than if you truly are skilled enough to become a manager/mentor.

Too many individuals working on behalf of one client due to various services/offerings seemingly in need of a specialist.

Exec team is very "rah! rah! rah!", but when it comes to owning up to challenges or taking input from others about static layouts, designs of action or request for assistance from senior leadership, it becomes a round robin of which senior leader will take the needed action.

Don't expect a promotion to go hand in hand with an appropriate bump in base or some sort of bonus based on your time and track record. The new title and responsibilities appear to be considered your reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose good people due to the traditional design of not carrying out an appropriate QBR with resulting bonus. A better pulse of the true state of employee happiness (well before you receive a two week notice of departure) would be recommended as well.

No Politics at InsideView!

I have been working at InsideView full-time

ProsThere is a great team environment at InsideView. Its a place where you will find motivated and insightful fellow employees who like to work hard and play hard. The company is defining the future fo CRM intelligence and its an exciting place for someone wanting to be on the leading edge of technology.

ConsVery few...(if any at all). Its a high growth environment so there are likely to be strains on the dynamic culture that InsideView has built but because management recognizes the value of the people I would expect that they will strive to retain that which makes us unique.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing, its working!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Darn Social Customer Intelligence Company on the Planet!

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at InsideView full-time for more than 3 years

ProsElectrified work environment, cutting edge SaaS app, great people, excellent culture, kick-butt sales team, best CEO in the Valley. Serious growth potential, exec team that listens, employees that care.

ConsNot enough hours in the day to spend at HQ. Better Marketing position

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on beating SFDC and Data.com..... Our app is head and shoulders above Data.com and the market has said so. Now get the message out.....

Sometimes a roller-coaster of work and demands

I have been working at InsideView full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- good competitive pay offerings

- good benefits plan

- caring leadership group

Cons- Location in SF is a mix of blessing and curse (half the office lives in the east bay).

- Certain departments really top-heavy in terms of management (so lots of strategic thought but not a lot of people to execute on them ).

- Interview process for VP and C level candidate mostly involves company management. Consider production level staff too for more well-rounded evaluation.

- Some departments need more defined responsibility hierarchy and roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe play safe a lot. Really safe. OK maybe too safe.

But stepping into the sunlight sometimes means we get burned.
We can't grow in-between the shadows of our peers.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InsideView full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI loved the company atmosphere! I enjoyed going to work each day and didn't mind all of the hard work because they days would go by so fast. They expect a lot from the employees but also give a lot back. They were flexible with letting people change positions and build their careers. I also really enjoyed working with everyone at the company because everyone was really smart but knew how to have fun.

ConsI felt that I was not paid enough and every time I asked for a raise they told me they would do it in a few months but never did.

Great work environment. Open space, open people

I have been working at InsideView full-time for more than a year

ProsHigh degree of camaraderie and support among co-workers

ConsHear everyone all the time because of large open space

InsideView is an energetic, fun, and hard-working environment filled with smart, collaborative, and friendly people.

I have been working at InsideView

ProsThe people. The product - and it's future.

ConsSometimes too much collaboration can slow down decision making process at executive level. Not a good place for someone looking for lots of career guidance - you can build whatever career path you want here, but no one is going to tell you what that should be or how you should do it.

A great future for this product and company

I have been working at InsideView

ProsThe company is lead by an incredible senior staff. Some of the smartest people I know who have a great vision. A very young and driven team as well.

ConsNot a ton of cons. There are a lot of close friendships around the company so sometimes it's tough to check your personal life at the door and be professional amongst friends and co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay driven. Nobody in our industry has the drive or passion as InsideView. This an incredible product that speaks for itself and will one day change B2B sales.

Excellent organization that is constantly driving forward!

I have been working at InsideView

Pros- Awesome culture of hard work and play
- No shortage of challenge
- Excellent recognition
- Very solid, visionary, accessible senior management
- Serious emphasis on preserving the culture through thorough vetting of new additions
- You can and will contribute and be recognized for it - no place to hide
- Good benefits (although 401k matching would be huge and greatly appreciated)
- Fun, young, happy, intelligent and hard working/playing employees
- Weekly Friday happy hours!

Cons- Location - more centralized would be better
- No 401k match
- More refined/nicer office space (it's a little embarrassing bringing people in)
- Better cross-departmental communication

Advice to Senior Management- Find a better, more upscale/hip office space
- Take a serious look at 401k matching
- Ensure the right hand knows what the left hand is doing
- Fight ferociously to preserve the culture despite growth
- Do not ever give up on defining the market and then dominating it

Worked for InsideView? Contribute to the Community!

InsideView Videos

InsideView – Why Work for Us?

"InsideView is growing aggressively...The number of users has risen almost 250% over the past year…InsideView has gained a measure of mind share disproportionate to its size, with firms interested in SaaS-based tools… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InsideView reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InsideView CEO Umberto Milletti. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by InsideView employees.