InsideView Reviews

Reset
4.1
InsideView CEO Umberto Milletti
Umberto Milletti

Pros
  • work-life balance is great (work hard play hard mentality (in 10 reviews)

• Great Work Culture, Flexibility to maintain Work Life Balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons for this company except for minor issues that are persistent in any start-up (in 3 reviews)

• Parking in Potrero hill could be better (in 3 reviews)

1. Strategic Customer Success Manager

Current Employee - Strategic Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO, Culture, People, Attitude, Direction, teamwork. The best company I have worked for in the last 20 years of working in and around Silicon Valley.

Cons

Internal Operations need improvement.

Advice to Management

You have a winning formula, first class CEO and executive management team that is approachable, smart and professional. KEEP YOUR CULTURE, its a winner!

2. No one in the captain's seat

I worked at InsideView full-time

Pros

Flexibility, good salary, some good personalities / talent hired on, easy to understand the product, great support team in India.

Cons

Poor accountability cross departmentally, No guidance from upper management, product(s) lack innovation. Company has been around too long to be "where" it's at today. Little growth. Very stagnant.

Advice to Management

Hire stronger leads for the departments, invest in employees development and growth.

3. Nice easy place to work, but not much happening

Former Employee - Director in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Daly City, CA

I worked at InsideView (More than a year)

Pros

Good people with a good work/life balance.

Cons

Somewhat of a stagnant company. Not quite sure where they're positioned. Perhaps that's why. It's like they're running in place. N

Great learning experience yet company culture continues to change with growth

Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, opportunities to grow, weekly Happy Hours, fun outings

Cons

Not everyone seems to be held to the same standard. Lack of mentorship/presence by some leadership

Advice to Management

Have the same expectations amongst all teams; continue to focus on the keeping the same culture there was a few years ago; hire people that will make an impact, not skate through

6. Why InsideView? People, Product, and Opportunity... that's why!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PEOPLE - Culture is king. The right culture attracts the best people and helps them accomplish great things. InsideView has taken great care in hiring A players and encouraging them to try new things (try, fail, learn, try again, succeed.) As a result I can say this is the smartest and friendliest group of people I have ever worked with. Also important to note... I laugh hard at least once a day.

PRODUCT - Best product in the industry in terms of both capabilities and quality. Working with great people is fun... helping your customers win with the best solution available is even more fun.

OPPORTUNITY - The company offers tons of opportunity both in terms of individual growth and overall market potential. The rate of innovation and level of investment being made in the areas of CRM, Big Data, Predictive and Market Intelligence all equate to being well positioned for growth.

Cons

There really aren't many cons. But you need to be prepared to work hard. That doesn't mean crazy hours or weekend work, it just means being super productive and accomplishing a ton. Part of the culture is work hard, play hard (e.g. drop everything at 4pm on Friday for our weekly happy hour) but this is not a place to come play ping pong.

You also need to be agile. The markets we are playing in are rapidly evolving, as are customer needs and competitors. So one constant at InsideView (other than an awesome culture) is change. So you've got to be adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep hiring stars. Keep setting the vision for the market. Keep being transparent. Keep leading and we will follow... we Insiders are committed!

7. Culture built around clients and employees!

I have been working at InsideView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, intelligent, hard working, performance focused, and client focused team
    Excellent new hire orientation process
    Transparency and openness of management and executive team

Cons

Too many meetings
    Email mania - Inbox gets flooded
    Lots of tools, could simplify

Advice to Management

State clear direction and maintain focus on key priorities

Great Company - Not Perfect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView

Pros

There is a lot of energy, and being a part of a company that defines what is happening in the market is very exciting. The hierarchy structure is very lateral which is nice, you can feel comfortable approaching any of the directors, VPs, or even the CxOs! Very unique in that way.

Cons

The vacation policy and compensation are a little stingy, to be competitive with other companies and get TOP talent in the bay you need to increase both. The lateral structure lends itself to slow decisions being made, IV is not as nimble as it should be for such a small company. There is not a defined way to get into new positions, and often times positions are filled from the outside so that lower level people are not able to grow in their positions.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring from outside, try to give people a chance at proving themselves in the nesxt role - the only thing that is happening is that you are showing a lack of faith in the people you are molding.

best uknown place to work in Austin, with smart, highly passionate, and self driven individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at InsideView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

challenging business problems
    no politics environment endorsed heavily by execs
    highly intelligent talent
    solid YoY / QoQ growth
    product upside
    quarterly company insentives based on performance

Cons

still learning how to grow
    sometimes too unstructured / lack of focused execution

Great Company founded on transparency and no politics!

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bright, highly motivated people willing to support one another in a truly collaborative way. The culture is a key element to the synergy and excitement around here. Strong leadership team, outstanding products and customer responsiveness.

Cons

If you're looking to have an office, forget it. Everyone here is in an open environment with lots of conference rooms and "telephone booths" when you need privacy. Parking is tough, but there is reasonable bus access to the office.

Advice to Management

The Leadership team is evolving and as the company grows senior management needs to make sure they keep remembering "it's the people that make this company so successful."

Over a year in and I am still on my honeymoon!

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer
    Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working at this company, the culture is dynamic and fun but at the same time we get a lot of work accomplished. Another thing that I like is that there is ample room for growth and management is not at all hesitant about promoting from within. I have worked for several companies over a period of 30 years and this is the first one that I am still excited to come to work for almost a year-and-a-half in. That says a lot!!!

Cons

It would be cool if they had annual reviews in place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Maybe slightly more diversity in Senior Management would attract an even wider variety of talent.

RSS Feed </> Embed