InsideView Reviews

84 reviews filtered by
4.3
InsideView CEO Umberto Milletti
Umberto Milletti

Pros
  • work-life balance is great (work hard play hard mentality (in 10 reviews)

• Great Work Culture, Flexibility to maintain Work Life Balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons for this company except for minor issues that are persistent in any start-up (in 3 reviews)

• Potrero Hill is kind of nowhere (in 3 reviews)

1. Why InsideView? People, Product, and Opportunity... that's why!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PEOPLE - Culture is king. The right culture attracts the best people and helps them accomplish great things. InsideView has taken great care in hiring A players and encouraging them to try new things (try, fail, learn, try again, succeed.) As a result I can say this is the smartest and friendliest group of people I have ever worked with. Also important to note... I laugh hard at least once a day.

PRODUCT - Best product in the industry in terms of both capabilities and quality. Working with great people is fun... helping your customers win with the best solution available is even more fun.

OPPORTUNITY - The company offers tons of opportunity both in terms of individual growth and overall market potential. The rate of innovation and level of investment being made in the areas of CRM, Big Data, Predictive and Market Intelligence all equate to being well positioned for growth.

Cons

There really aren't many cons. But you need to be prepared to work hard. That doesn't mean crazy hours or weekend work, it just means being super productive and accomplishing a ton. Part of the culture is work hard, play hard (e.g. drop everything at 4pm on Friday for our weekly happy hour) but this is not a place to come play ping pong.

You also need to be agile. The markets we are playing in are rapidly evolving, as are customer needs and competitors. So one constant at InsideView (other than an awesome culture) is change. So you've got to be adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment.

Keep it up. Keep hiring stars. Keep setting the vision for the market. Keep being transparent. Keep leading and we will follow... we Insiders are committed!

Great learning experience yet company culture continues to change with growth

Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people, opportunities to grow, weekly Happy Hours, fun outings

Cons

Not everyone seems to be held to the same standard. Lack of mentorship/presence by some leadership

Have the same expectations amongst all teams; continue to focus on the keeping the same culture there was a few years ago; hire people that will make an impact, not skate through

3. Culture built around clients and employees!

I have been working at InsideView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Smart, intelligent, hard working, performance focused, and client focused team
    Excellent new hire orientation process
    Transparency and openness of management and executive team

Cons

Too many meetings
    Email mania - Inbox gets flooded
    Lots of tools, could simplify

State clear direction and maintain focus on key priorities

5. Great Company - Not Perfect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView

Pros

There is a lot of energy, and being a part of a company that defines what is happening in the market is very exciting. The hierarchy structure is very lateral which is nice, you can feel comfortable approaching any of the directors, VPs, or even the CxOs! Very unique in that way.

Cons

The vacation policy and compensation are a little stingy, to be competitive with other companies and get TOP talent in the bay you need to increase both. The lateral structure lends itself to slow decisions being made, IV is not as nimble as it should be for such a small company. There is not a defined way to get into new positions, and often times positions are filled from the outside so that lower level people are not able to grow in their positions.

Stop hiring from outside, try to give people a chance at proving themselves in the nesxt role - the only thing that is happening is that you are showing a lack of faith in the people you are molding.

best uknown place to work in Austin, with smart, highly passionate, and self driven individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at InsideView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

challenging business problems
    no politics environment endorsed heavily by execs
    highly intelligent talent
    solid YoY / QoQ growth
    product upside
    quarterly company insentives based on performance

Cons

still learning how to grow
    sometimes too unstructured / lack of focused execution

Great Company founded on transparency and no politics!

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bright, highly motivated people willing to support one another in a truly collaborative way. The culture is a key element to the synergy and excitement around here. Strong leadership team, outstanding products and customer responsiveness.

Cons

If you're looking to have an office, forget it. Everyone here is in an open environment with lots of conference rooms and "telephone booths" when you need privacy. Parking is tough, but there is reasonable bus access to the office.

The Leadership team is evolving and as the company grows senior management needs to make sure they keep remembering "it's the people that make this company so successful."

Outstanding Culture - A Breath of Fresh Air

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company lives its core values. We have an outstanding product and the mission is clear. There are a lot of very smart people working very hard here. We are appreciated and provided with opportunities to get to know each other and have fun. Giving back to the community is supported. This is a great place to work and I am grateful to be working someplace where my values align with those of the organization.

Cons

So far I haven't seen any. I really love it here!

Keep doing what your'e doing - thank you!

Over a year in and I am still on my honeymoon!

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer
    Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer

I have been working at InsideView full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really like working at this company, the culture is dynamic and fun but at the same time we get a lot of work accomplished. Another thing that I like is that there is ample room for growth and management is not at all hesitant about promoting from within. I have worked for several companies over a period of 30 years and this is the first one that I am still excited to come to work for almost a year-and-a-half in. That says a lot!!!

Cons

It would be cool if they had annual reviews in place.

Keep up the good work! Maybe slightly more diversity in Senior Management would attract an even wider variety of talent.

10. Great company, great people.

Current Employee - Marketing Department in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Department in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to be creative, lots of rooms to grow and a fun culture.

Cons

Parking in Potrero hill could be better!

Bi yearly reviews would be helpful and clear incentives or mbos. People want to know how they could be doing thier jobs better if they aren't.

11. Why InsideView ...

I have been working at InsideView full-time

Pros

There are typical compelling reasons why people choose to work where they do. Then there are even deeper reasons why people choose to stay. Why InsideView? My reasons are; Leadership, Culture, Mentorship, Positive Support. The leadership team beginning with Umberto, CEO + Heidi, VP Global Alliances + Jim, CFO + Lori, VP of HR are among the many reasons why InsideView is amazing. InsideView allows me to work hard and do what I love with people I respect (within the company and beyond). It is absolutely fulfilling and rewarding. For me, I have to enjoy what I do, get paid well for it, and enjoy the people i collaborate with. InsideView offers all that and so much more. We even contribute to great causes and leadership not only allows us to participate / volunteer... it's in the company dna to pay it forward. InsideView is the type of company I admire and proud to be part of.

Cons

The environment and culture are so open and inviting I do not see any cons to working at InsideView. Who can say no to a supporting positive environment!?!

Keep doing what you are doing - it's your ability to listen, understand, and genuine kindness that drives each of us to be better every day.