Insight Canada

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Good Environment

Account Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGood support and good working environment.

ConsToo many processes and steps even for small tasks

Computers (servers, desktop, laptop) hardware and software configuration.

IT Technician (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat team. Nice work environment.

ConsSometimes the job is really boring.

Insight Inside sale manager :(

Inside Sale Executive/Inside Sale Management (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosemploys are fun, have ping pong table. good games

Cons-never seen such a high turn over place
    -out of around 25 colleague in my training class around 80% got fire..Please do not quit ur current job to join Insight.
    -need to make around 70 to 110 cold call every day. very dry

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be honest with job preview

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Insight Canada

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros- fun industry
    - cafeteria with service
    - lounge with pool tables, ping pong tables, Foosball, hockey table

Cons- low pay for support personnel though they can contribute as much to the sales process
    - high-turnover rate in sales
    - public company thus major changes can only be driven by the board which services shareholders and less the employees

Advice to Senior Management- need to care more about internal stakeholders. the company is only as good as its people.

Amazing place to step into the IT industry!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFriendly environment.
    Teams are very coherent and team mates are always willing to help.
    Any position held in the organization is challenging and staff helps in the rewarding and recognition of other staff members.
    Pay is fair for fresh grads with no working experience.

ConsVery limited opportunities to grow within the same department.
    Upper management are kind of isolated from the efforts being done at the operational side to get the work done.
    Some HR members don't care about the employee well being.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to understand the employee's needs financially or in terms of work/life balance. It's quite unfair that people who work so hard are underpaid and individuals who meet the political profile are promoted for their persona.

Poor Leadership

Account Executive (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsSome great people that can help turn this company around.
    Training is well done and handled professionally
    Bright office space and fully stocked cafeteria
    Benefits are great and aside from HR director, the HR team is great and very accommodating

ConsThe leadership from Directors on Canadian side is severely lacking and are more interesting in protecting there own position than moving forward.
    Very political atmosphere that make you feel like you are walking on eggshells at all times.
    High turnover with little remorse from management leading to low company morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate the leadership on Canadian side and some seem to have been there too long. They talk change but don't act on it. Very questionable ethics.

I would have stayed if there was stronger sales leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany values
    Gives ownership, accountability
    Good support executive management

ConsSales leadership inside and out are poor their communication and follow up is horrible
    Lack of strong services and service leadership
    Lack of work- life balance
    No work from home solution

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your sales leadership
    Bring someone strong in service who can build and lead- with the ability and want to roll their sleeves up

A great place to get your feet wet

Accounts Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros-Great training : they hand hold you through the 3 months of paid training.
    -Great benefits
    -Good cafeteria

Cons-No job security
    -People get fired left right and center because it's government sponsored as they hire a specific quota that gives them this benefit. Insight, as I am aware, only starts paying you after your 3 months of training. If you can make it...
    -Some of the people they hire really makes you question you being there
    -With such a low base salary they work you to the bone and try to find ways to take your commission/spiffs from partners

Advice to Senior Management-Respect and appreciate your employees
    -Micromanagement is not always the best policy. If people genuinely work hard get off their case.

Exciting - a make or break environment.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsIf you love the stress and action this is the place. No idle time here. There is an opportunity to make an income, be wise, learn and enjoy. It's a great moment to connect with clients and create amazing relationships. Just stay positive as best you can.

ConsBe smart. Internal alliances shift quickly, training can be demanding at times. Some managers are fantastic; yet some are simply questionable in character and simply are in the wrong industry and career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are plenty of smart and dedicated individuals in this company. The stress level is very high. Lighten up on the huddles. C-Level, you have some great motivators, trim out the negativity and listen to employees. You will do much better.

Worked for Insight Canada? Contribute to the Community!