Insight Global

Updated Jul 7, 2014

4.5 1,399 reviews

Glenn Johnson

1,399 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work hard / play hard all the way"
    in 89 reviews
  • "Work hard play hard environment"
    in 28 reviews
Cons:
  • "The only thing I can think of is the long hours, but it teaches you time management"
    in 46 reviews
  • "It is a lot of hard work- but if you have it in you, you will reap the benefits"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not the worst contractor in my area

Windows 7 Refresh (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsAverage market rate pay ($24/hour)
    Easy to work with

ConsOne of the places that the company they were contracting with operates is Hawaii. They used this to tell me they'd for sure send me though even though they knew there was no work there. On top of that they contracted me through Febuary of next year even though they knew there would be no work past September.

Advice to Senior Managementhave some respect for your contractors and inform them of the truth as soon as you know so they don't plan on a paycheck that isn't coming or you'll soon find no one wants to work with you

Excellent resource and place to work

Migration Tech (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe recruiter I have worked with, Taylor Crag has been exceptional. He has been a great resource for the on-boarding and handling any concerns that may occur with my project. The company has found a great position for me, where I enjoy the work atmosphere and the work I do.

ConsSome of the challenges are not being able to be face to face with the Insight team when I am outside of Atlanta.

Assigned to a wonderful company for a short contract

PC Technician (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWeekly pay, assignments close to home.

ConsNot enough assignments, assignments very short term.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind clients long term assignments.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smooth Transition to New Contract (Baltimore)

Java Developer (Current Employee)
    Fort Detrick, MD

ProsThis company went out of their way to meet my demands and some in order to help me jump from an expiring contract to another more lucrative contract. I couldn't be happier with how the salary negations ended and how they expedited their own health benefits requirements in order to give me coverage sooner then normal. I was also impressed when they met with me before the interview to help me prepare and then, accompanied me to the interview to make sure everything went smoothly.

ConsThe front desk needed a secretary, but then again he/she may have been out to lunch when I arrived. Also, some of the hiring paperwork could have been done over a computer via email rather then printed paper and in person.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a front desk secretary. I actually had greeted and directed a few people while I was filling out paperwork because no one was there to assist new clients coming in, even though there were signs telling you to use the phone to call your contact, lets face it, people hardly ever read signs.

Amazing culture & amazing opportunities

ProsAs a new recruiter, moving from a small college town to a big city, Insight Global has given me a place to call home. With so much opportunity for growth coupled with a fun atmosphere and the best people to work beside, I have nothing but good things to say about Insight Global. It's one of those places where you look forward to coming to work because you enjoy the people surrounding you and believe in the work you're doing.

ConsI don't have much if anything to say on the con side of things. The office culture, opportunity for growth, and confidence in yourself that Insight Global gives you is unbeatable.

Fast past, friendly staff and great environment.

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGreat environment and great people. I worked with Cortney Anderton and Drew Boettcher. Cortney worked really fast setting me up with an interview and Drew's overall personality is great. He is awesome to work with and answers all of my questions in a timely manner. Coutney set up an interview the next day after we spoke and I got the job.

ConsI don't have any negative feedback about the company.

Great Customer Service

Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    Johnson City, TN

ProsI enjoyed my assignments as a consultant at Insight Global. The best customer service came from Joe Zelasko in the pay roll department at Insight. He was able to resolve a issue I have had for a few weeks. Joe went beyond and deserves a pat on the back for a job well done!

ConsThe only issue I had was getting paid for a mileage report, but Joe Zelasko in payroll took care of that. I had no other issues, Insight Global is a great organization to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlso KUDO's to Mitch Grafton my recruiter.

It has been great working at Insight Global. My recruiter, Lyssa Wiles was very helpful.

EDI Mapper (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsMy recruiter helped out every step of the way from talking to me about the client to scheduling an interview and the follow up. She was also very helpful with all the paperwork once I secured an offer.

ConsIf I could say anything I would have to say the commute from Bowling Green, KY to Nashville, but it hasn't been that bad.

Incredibly fast, incredibly professional, incredibly personal service.

Technical Writer (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThis is easily the best contract agency I've ever worked for. They called me, had my paperwork processing and landed me a job I actually enjoy within 48 hours with a huge multinational company. The contact was hourly at points, tapering to daily at its lowest. The staffing specialist was kind and helpful, the relationship manager was incredibly good at her job and everything about the company has been great since.

ConsNone. They've been nothing but wonderful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps tell prospective contractors up front that they'll need to supply copies of past W2's/1099's and such to save a bit of time.

Current recruiter at Insight Global

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorking in an office culture like Insight Global's is nothing I've ever expereienced before at any prior job. We sprint through our days, but truly enjoy working with eachother and I look forward to each day.

ConsThe work-life balance was something I had to learn, but management made it easy and expressed how important it was to go and enjoy life once it hit 5 o'clock.

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insight Global CEO Glenn Johnson. All 1,399 reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees.