Insight Global

Updated Apr 16, 2014

4.4 1,148 reviews

Glenn Johnson

1,148 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work hard / play hard all the way"
    in 83 reviews
  • "Work hard play hard environment"
    in 28 reviews
Cons:
  • "The only thing I can think of is the long hours, but it teaches you time management"
    in 45 reviews
  • "It is a lot of hard work- but if you have it in you, you will reap the benefits"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Insight Global Review

PC Technician (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Insight Global as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was referred to the company by a friend I was very impressed with the organization of the recruiter and the customer service. I would recommend the company to other qualified candidates and friends that I know in the IT industry.

ConsThey could improve on advertising to technical institutes because if I was not referred I would not have known about them.

Insight Global Review

PC Technician (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Insight Global as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was referred to Insight Global on a Monday and had a job by Tuesday. I was very impressed by the customer service and the turn around time. Christi was great to work with and her organization was GREAT.

ConsThey could advertise to the technical institues more and get their name out there to others.

I had a professional, productive, and open minded communication interview.

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

ProsBoth Gina and mathew Schultheis made me feel very welcomed while I was at Insight Global for my face to face job interview for a Business Analyst position and opportunity with their client that is located in Carrollton, TX.

ConsI don't have any at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutside of being a contract employee, i'm also wanting to obtain my MBA degree within 2-3 years to help advance and expand my personal and business growth opportunities.

Great focus on fitting the right people to the right team

I have been working at Insight Global as a contractor

ProsThey are very knowledgeable about their customers needs and environments. Rachel Wallen and Erin Buchanan made every effort possible to prepare me for the interviews by providing a well informed perspective of the clients opportunities and challenges that is rarely found in these days of shotgun approach hiring. One of the easiest job transitions I've ever made. Their personalized touch is to be commended.

Consfor my specialization nothing comes to mind

A first class contractor company

Contract Database Administrator (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Insight Global as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood, professional people who treat you like a human being and not an object. It is important for contractors to keep communications channel open. I only left to accept Full Time Employment.

ConsThey are middle men in a tough market. Their job is to satisfy the client and the client comes first because they pay the bills. Conflict resolution on the job site can be difficult because tech contractors are disposable; that is why corporations hire contractors and FTEs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in people both Recruiters/Account Executives and keep up the practice of building relationships with the contractors you value.

The staff there are all very friendly and were just as excited about my new career as I was.

Business Development Analyst (Current Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

ProsThe atmosphere is great and everyone I have met has been so welcoming. I was constantly being complimented on how I was perfect for the job they put me in contact with. I felt like they actually cared about my future as much as I did. From my experiences of job hunting on my own, I have learned that going through a great company like this is a blessing.

ConsI have not encountered any fall-backs from working through Insight Global. The hours are great, the employees are amazing and their system works well for everyone involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's nothing I could suggest. So far, so good!

Personable, prompt and and positively professional.

Security Analyst (Current Employee)
Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

ProsThe staff at Insight Global is so friendly and personable. This is not your typical staffing/recruiting agency.
My recruiter, Carly, invited me for an initial interview right away, and shortly thereafter I was interviewing with a local company. The manager from Insight Global even took her time to meet me at the interview site.
At the time, I was new to the Miami area, and the staff made the situation much easier by finding a fit for my skills with a company I can be proud to work for. Thank you.

ConsNo disadvantages here, overall it has been a delightful experience.

Great company to work with.

Database Administrator (Former Employee)
Madison, NJ

I worked at Insight Global as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey are very helpful and efficient. The job searching, orientation, conversion processes are very straightforward. The staff are very pleasant, thoughtful and always available to provide assistance.

ConsIt would be great if some of the recruiters have more/stronger technical background (I know it's very hard) but that would make more successful placements overall as a staffing services firm.

Customer review of Insight Global representatives

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent customer service on behalf of Drew Boettcher. Very sharp agent that was able to respond to my questions with detailed information. Drew Boettcher also followed up with me on any residing issues afterwards!

ConsWish I contacted Insight Global years ago!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis agent had great training and is definitely a people person. Keep up the good job!

Great company to work for

I have been working at Insight Global

ProsInsight Global is a great company. Fast to hire, All staff at the Tysons corner office has positive attitude and great spirit. So far is the best company that I have worked for. Managers, recruiters are quick for respond. Always keeping me up to date. Paperwork was taken care of quick and easy. Would highly recommend Insight global to my IT friends.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about Insight Global but only great experience with the organization that has been very responsive with all my needs.

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insight Global CEO Glenn Johnson. All 1,148 reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees.