Insight Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
2.8

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work (in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team (in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Positioned to succeed

Current Employee - Manager  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Getting rid of dead weight. Floodgates opening with vendors and long term clients.

Cons

More fat has to be trimmed. There are still many folks performing at mediocre levels.

Stay the course. Keep thinking long term.

Sonographer

Former Employee - Sonographer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sonographer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

That I do not work there anymore. Pay was average.

Cons

horrible management, you are considered a number to this company not a human. My facility was closed 2 weeks before Christmas with 2 weeks notice, benefits were awful, lots of politics, the office was very divided unfriendly co-workers and very clique-ey work environment. It was a depressing place to work.

Take a moment to get to know your employees, a smile goes a long way. Have a conversation with us once in a while instead of only meeting with us when there are issues. Communication was horrible between management and employees. I was afraid to bring up any issues because it was some how never resolved and they always looked at you different if you brought up any problems or concerns you had.

Unethical company not somewhere you want to be

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are several members of the teams that are true assets. These individuals are extremely knowledgeable; however, Insight has no respect for their employees. In fact their turnover rates and ability to cut anyone without warning is horrific.

Cons

Horrible management, unethical business practices, and lack of methodology define Insight. The company tried to build on its services lines but has no care for the persons making up their workforce. There is no real career to be had here and they only use employees until they just don't need them anymore so then they quickly let them go.

The management needs to go.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

We are great at recruitment!

Former Employee - Network Architect  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Network Architect in Miami, FL

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company, good benefits. Frequent re-organizations teaches flexibility. Always pays on time. They have a process for everything!

Cons

Large company, and you get lost in the shuffle. You are just a number to management. There is a culture of always watching behind your back, because you never know who has the next knife. The Insight values mean nothing. They are great at recruitment since they are always having to replace employees!

Stop the fighting between teams within the company. Cultivate the best out of people, not the people that are best at discord. Talk to those people who are leaving, there is a culture issue.

Interesting but a confusing place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Talented Engineers, peers mentor other staff. If you like to travel there is plenty of opportunity. Steady work with no overtime or oncall work after hours perfect for someone with a family.

Cons

Worked for 6 years at Insight in St. Paul. Entire support staff of 4-6 Engineers eliminated. Found same position at another company paid $35k more a year for the same work. I should have moved on 5 years earlier. Company was profit oriented at all times and did not value their staff.

Every Engineer I speak with that were X-Insight engineers tell the same story. Never again will I work for that company at any cost. Don't see a future for Insight, anywhere. Time for Insight to go out of business, they don't bring any value to any customer. Getting rid of Senior Engineers doesn't make good business sense. What goes around comes around. Goodbye Insight, hopefully people that read this will pass on working at your company.

Good place to work until they decide you're expendable.

Current Employee - Systems Learning and Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Systems Learning and Development Specialist

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people for the most part, challenging work.

Cons

Regular layoffs for no apparent reason.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Plano, TX

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vacation time, Peers, Holiday pay

Cons

management shifts, AE shifts, lack of company loyalty

na

No career growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Warm culture, always something fun going on. Bring Your Dog to Work Day, on-site health clinic, covered parking, onsite cafe, lots of free food and giveaways.

Cons

Salaries are below average, there is no career path and hardly ever any promotions within ones job. Management seems supportive but never goes to bat for you. Unless you are in sales, no one really cares about you. Losing the Insight Bowl also stinks.

Provde career paths for employees OTHER than in sales. Actions speak louder than words - quit telling employees about all the great opps at Insight - show them instead. Put more money into marketing, add headcount, create advertising campaigns. Compared to CDW we are booooring.

Poor leadership

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team reporting to me did a great Job and was very hard working. The Technical team was extremely competent and was always willing to answer questions.

Cons

I was terminated from my position for “Performance” I was past 90 days and had no negative reviews or disciplinary actions. Insight does not care about it’s people that work for them and do not follow their own policy.

If you are going to fire someone give them an opportunity to fix any issues that they may have but informing them of issues. Terminating someone with no documentation sets the company up for a discrimination law suit.

Think before you interview at this company

I worked at Insight

Pros

The Tempe location is nice.

Cons

Not a good working environment due to unhealthy internal politics and lack of professionalism.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!