Insight

www.insight.com
Employer Engaged

I'd reconsider heavily!

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

When you clock out, you're done and can enjoy personal life.

Cons

At Plano, TX office culture changed after Insight bought Software Spectrum. "Merit increases" were a joke. No way to move up or out from desk job.

Go with Flow embrace change

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Solid baseline you can make a lot of money in sales but have to be willing to embrace change, you have to be willing to invest time to cross learn what services we do well and pull them into your approach t your client.
    Dont expect to have stuff handed to you you have to be the leader in your client relationship and to go to the right person in the organization to get the job done.

You have to MAKE the work/life balance, You make the $$$ you want to make,

Cons

Cons are in related to the pros, knowing whihc person to engage in tribal knowledge to get job done for client and insight.

realign the floor managers, Our sales manager are just number pushers they do not add to the sales temas for the most part. Reps do not need a floor manager to go on site with them when the floor manager doesnt even understand what the client does.
    Remove the roadblocks to the teams, we are one company. insight did not survive the .com bublle Y2K and the crash in 07/08 withut the employees standing fast with the company. we grew this together.
    Make remote systems better.

Customer service oriented where support takes priority over development but lots of opportunity for both

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of positive energy that stems from the majority of the employees working in technical sales. Managed services is still in its infancy of product offerings but is a growing profit center for the company which means the spotlight is on us and how well we can deliver data center support to Insight and it's customers we support. Working on systems owned by multiple companies is challenging and you are always meeting new people. I am satisfied with my salary for the level of work performed.

Cons

Priorities get shifted, new clients have different standards or are lacking standards, and same goes for processes such as change management, root system access, and level of vendor support for the OS. Sometimes it seems chaotic and it is frustrating when support work gets in the way of project commitments, so requires being flexible and putting the customer's interests ahead of your own.

Keep up the meetings so we feel involved and have a voice for improving our future. Don't forget to invest in training and retaining the talent required for future sales of the latest infrastructure technologies.

Great people. Horrible management

I worked at Insight

Pros

Great people to work with. Management says all the right things.

Cons

Management is so clueless and disconnected as to what is happening in the company and what needs to be done. They keep talking about fixing it to prevent the turnover.

Stop taking away benefits. Start listening to your employees.

Boastful, cocky, uptight, and uncaring

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment. Insight likes to have fun at work. They do pretty creative fun (free) activities to keep you motivated to sell, sell, sell.

Cons

Shaky leadership, bad management, horrible HR policies. Horrible medical benefits.

Give better direction for your employees. Do not put your employees in debt for medical bills. You should be able to provide better insurance for your employees since you're a Fortune 500 company and make more that $5b in revenues per year. Work with your employees so you won't have such a high turnover. Senior management was shifted around before I left. I really think this company should utilize some type of internal affairs department to ensure their employees are being treated fairly. Implement policies that would encourage your employees to stay motivated to work hard for your company. Do not penalize people because they do not fit the mold or perfect in every way. You're only as good as the investment that you put into your talent and your clients can see that and there is no sales script that can disguise that.

This company only had a high deductible plan with a $3,000 deductible plan at the time I was employed there. Lets be honest if your start your employee with $30-$40K starting salary how do you expect to pay an insurance premium and $3000 before it pays anything? Also if you say that benefits start in 30 days please stop using that misleading statement because it could get you in trouble. For example, we waited 30 days to select benefits, pay premiums for another 30 days, then was able to utilize the benefits after another 30 days. People, that's waiting 90 days for benefits.

I believe there is opportunity to move around and acquire other skills to move in other areas of the company. There are certification programs available to you while you are there. Please take advantage of this training as I believe this is very helpful to your sales career there.

Insight does a fair amount of fun activities that will keep you energized for the short term.

Please make your sales managers support your new hires better rather than sell or drown tactics. I cannot tell you how many times I had to depend on a veteran sales rep on critical issues for my clients.

However I like the CEO of the company and I believe he will take this company in the right direction over the long haul.

Don't do it!

Former Employee - Secretary in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Secretary in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sick time was not regulated -- Could take a good bit off if needed. Was located in a beautiful city and great shopping nearby.

Cons

Everything -- No growth or promotion opportunities. Depressing culture and workplace; Benefits were not good.

Strive to put employees first.

Good Organization

I worked at Insight

Pros

Plenty of opportunity. Large projects. There are many locations to work at. The benefits are decent and seem to comparable to most average places.

Cons

Too many different directions. Salary is below average. Employer matching is very low (1%). Many projects tend to require extra work after hours

Invest in more career development.

Field Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Insight full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent compensation plan, superb infrastructure. Terrific perks and good management. Definitely a place where you would want to work.

Cons

Resistant to change even if change is in their best interest. They are a VAR and VAR they will stay ... at the mercy of their vendors. They "say" they do services but it is limited to break/fix. Missing the boat on powerful revenue generating practice.

Need to embrace services as part of their growth strategy. Because Insight is so tied to their vendors, Insight is at their mercy. Management should consider branching out in terms of service offerings so they have better margins and better control over their destiny.

Run!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, but not in all areas

Cons

So many, don't know where to start. Teammates are overworked and mentally beaten up with little to no appreciation or return. Merit increases are a joke!

Look at Director/VP level mgmt they manage by fear. To much politics, it's all about who you know, not what you know or the effort put in. You are losing all of your knowledgeable employees due to being pushed out by the Buddy system.

Constant change is the norm.

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Plano, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots to learn and keep you busy.

Cons

Structure - need more and less; depends on the area.

Continue listening and implementing changes.