Insight Technology

Kenneth Solinsky

Insight Technologies Warrior Systems a division of L3 Londonderry NH

Former Employee - ESS Technician in Londonderry, NH
    Former Employee - ESS Technician in Londonderry, NH

I worked at Insight Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extensive training in the use of night vision goggles and laser marking devices Lot of overtime. All testing done per Mil Spec.

Cons

Enviromental lab runs 7 days a week. Technicians work 6 out of 7 days and many of the holidays. average 55 plus hours per work.

Needs improvement.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Londonderry, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Londonderry, NH

I worked at Insight Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, and comparable to other defense companies. Employees start with 3 weeks of PTO (with an option to purchase another week during open enrollment), 9/80 schedule that allows you to take every other Friday off, decent health and dental plans, 401k with 4% dollar for dollar matching (3 year tiered vesting schedule though), ESPP and profit sharing.

The location in Londonderry, NH offers a scenic campus and their facility is one of the better and more modern ones (not an old and grey environment).

Cons

Although L-3 bought the company in 2010, their training and tools are woefully inadequate considering their size. I had worked for years in another defense company and it is a night and day difference. There is no formal training involved and no process in place to assist employees to achieve success. Certain departments have abnormally high turnover rates because of this.

The compensation across virtually all job grades are not in-line with industry competitors. I felt a lot of my peers were hired based partly on achieving cost savings rather than overall skills. Although most managers are capable and knowledgeable, they are in part because of their tenure and having the transitional experience of going through a small start-up to a division of a large conglomerate.

Pressure the parent company to give Insight more resources to help achieve success. Sequestration and the loss of certain contracts does put pressure to reduce overhead, but you are detrimentally killing yourself off in the long run.

Not doing so great.

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Londonderry, NH
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Londonderry, NH

I have been working at Insight Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Benefits are average. Promotions are few. Company does not value the employees. The culture can be hostile.

Cons

Managers are harsh, old world, critical, combative, uncaring, unseeing, dictate. Making the employee feel human and like they matter is important. Allowing groups to abuse and bash each other is unproductive. The place is going down the wrong road and people are leaving in troves.

President, vice president, and managers need to smarten up if they want to keep the talent.

Beware! Not a good working environment!

I have been working at Insight Technology full-time

Pros

The products are cool and there are a lot of great people still left

Cons

Management only looks out for themselves and they will throw their employees under the bus to save their own behinds. This is across the board, not department specific. There used to be a day where people felt valued and appreciated for their contributions. Those days are gone. We have no company president and have been through three in the last year and a half. Those in charge are so full of themselves that they are oblivious to the continuing decrease in morale. There is no career planning, no proper training, and we do not have the systems in place to adequately perform our jobs. Ethics complaints and corporate audits are a way of life now. Departments are often battling each other in public forums. We need a STRONG President pretty quick! It's a very depressing place. If it weren't for the relationships I have formed here I would leave tomorrow.

I don't think the management team cares to hear any advice. Every VP and senior manager needs a kick in the pants. There are plenty of good people left so instead of crapping all over them treat them like they are valued. Instead of throwing them under the bus have their backs! You all bully each other and your employees see that. Very unprofessional group of people "leading" the company.

Not a bad place to start.

Former Employee - Technician in Londonderry, NH
    Former Employee - Technician in Londonderry, NH

I worked at Insight Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Cool products. Cafeteria is great! Bathrooms are always clean. Nice artwork on the walls. two buildings to choose from.

Cons

Not much room for growth if you don't have a degree, even if you have a decade of experience. The knuckleheads straight out of college get the jobs that you should have gotten and you have to train them, and hope they are a decent person to work with.

Management needs to do a better job of keeping morale up. one big way to accomplish this is to be honest with everyone. don't play favorites. and don't tell one person one story and another one another story. We all talk and we all know when it's BS. Disclaimer: There are some very good managers there. Not all talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Was a combination of an Electrical/Mechanical Assembler and Front line Supervisor

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Londonderry, NH
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Londonderry, NH

I worked at Insight Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for in the day was bought out you became a number not a team member.

Cons

Company was sold to L-3

Communications is required to help succeed.

When Insight was growing, it was THE place to be.

I worked at Insight Technology full-time

Pros

Everyone was excited to work at Insight, very family oriented and it allowed for as much upward mobility as an employee wanted.

Cons

Just a touch too far to drive every day.

Most of Insight management has since rotated out and to other companies, so for the current management of the new company: Try to emulate the old Insight, you'd prosper in ways unimaginable.

No Leadership

I have been working at Insight Technology full-time

Pros

Great potential, but ultimately very disappointing to work here.

Cons

Lack of true leadership from the top down. Need to decided who they are and stick with it for more than a couple months.

Get a clue

Great environment

Current Employee - Desktop Technician
    Current Employee - Desktop Technician

I have been working at Insight Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule. Personal and professional interactions consistently very positive. This speaks well of the culture created

Cons

Security a bit excessive, even by government contractor standards

As you grow try not to loose sight of the people.

Just sayin'

Current Employee - Services in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Services in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Broad-based IT VAR with lifecycle manged services solutions

Cons

growth accomplished through cost-cutting, appears to be positioning for acquisition rather than to be a true player