Insight Reviews

Reset
2.9
Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people work here and most care (in 12 reviews)

• They are a fortune 500 co with good benefits (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team (in 10 reviews)

• Work/life balance is non-existent (in 4 reviews)

1. Great People, High Energy, Fortune 500 Technology

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture and friendly co-workers - Employee perks like health center, free lunches from vendors, onsite cafe - Given great tools and supplies - Charity focused - Flexible hours - Easy to contact team; great management - Competitive pay - Centrally located

Cons

- Big organization, which could be a pro - Lots of calls and can be slightly distracting (headphones work great)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

A good place to work with the potential to become great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Annual raises, innovative healthcare plan, experienced staff, positive atmosphere, 401K match, company owned health center.

Cons

Limited time off, mediocre benefit package, leadership resistance to telecommuting, isolated teams within company, dull work spaces, few perks or employee discounts

Advice to Management

Vacation time really needs to start at 3 or 4 weeks minimum in this day and age. I would also recommend more educational options for people to advance, be it in the form of tuition reimbursement or training programs. Employee discounts on tech we sell would also be a great perk, yet this obvious benefit doesn't seem to be on the radar. Something that seems out of step with our outward message is that we encourage our clients to explore telecommuting and remote working by implementing the technology we offer, while working remotely is not generally permitted unless specific reasons exist. Shouldn't we be leading by example? Our stoic CFO seems very uninterested in moving into the 21st Century in this regard. Save your staff on fuel costs, support a cleaner environment, and help people maintain a work-life balance. It's time to get on board with this. I would also encourage leadership to create opportunities for departments to learn about each other and as such allow people to learn more about the business overall. It also strikes me as a detriment to have local employees spread over 2 buildings. It would be far better to house everyone at one location. Lastly, the physical office space itself. It's industrial, boring and uninspiring. It's time to make it an attractive place to come to. Take note from other tech companies like GoDaddy, eBay, and Apple. Insight has a lot of potential to go from good to great, why not take that next step?

3. Insight Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, laid back work atmosphere, good benefits, exposure to every IT sales team in the country.

Cons

High barrier for entry

Advice to Management

Do more to empower AEs in saturated market.

5. Work Life at Insight

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love working for Insight. Great work / life balance. Great atmosphere and overall the teammates you work with are phenomenal.

Cons

None to list at the moment. Love working at Insight.

NOC Technician

Former Employee - NOC Technician in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - NOC Technician in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

A lot can be learned managing the devices and responding to their problems Peers are friendly Overtime often available Great place to start your career They pay for certifications

Cons

50/50 shot of getting a Engineer to explain something to you, half are nice and willing to talk to you, other half are lazy, rude, and look down on you Pay is VERY far below market value Rotating shifts, a few times a year your schedule changes (overnights, evenings, mornings, weekends..etc) High turnover Poor communication between engineers, delivery managers, NOC technicians 24x7x365 workcenter Continuous change, hard to keep up with new procedures Limited opportunity for career growth

Advice to Management

Show you value your employees by providing better benefits, pay, and incentive plans. Show that NOC techs aren't viewed as worthless interchangeable pawns.

Painfully Disappointed

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to telecommute. The people that work there. Flexibility with working hours. Meant to be a stepping stone, not a career.

Cons

Insight says they care about employees, but you are just a number. Use you, abuse you, then cut you loose when the tides change. Their new values of "Hunger, Heart and Harmony" is a load if crap. They are hoping this approach will bring in more "clients" (oops this week we are back to saying customer). The same people who are part of the "in-crowd" are continually recognized because they are given the opportunity to shine, while others who bust their butts are looked over time and again. I would never recommend anyone to work for Insight as I am too embarrassed of this company. Management is hired based on the buddy system. Positions "created" for friends, while overloading others to the point of being spread to thin to perform well at anything, and then letting those with the knowledge go. Pay is below similar in industry.

Advice to Management

You need to allow others an opportunity to shine instead of following the buddy system.

High Turn over Low results

Current Employee - Operations in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Monday through Friday work schedule. Insight is closed on every major holiday. You have vacation from day one of employment. Good place to start in this industry to make connections .

Cons

Employee hand book is difficult and vague. This lends itself to interpretation and favoritism. For example: Doctor's notes to excuse illness are only required at management discretion. So basically if they believe you are out legitimately you don't need to provide one. There are no guidelines to instruct management when to request this. Management has little accountability to a philosophy or to HR. Example: your vacation time is allocated twice a year. Half in January and half in July. You must use all vacation time during the year or you lose it. However some managers will allow you to use time if you weren't able to take all your time. Some managers do not allow this. It is very difficult to transfer departments. Engaging recruiting to assist is non existent even when applying for positions. Most times you will not hear from Recruiting about the position you applied for. There is no working with recruiting to help find a new position. Unless you have your managers blessing you do not move and are not considered for other roles. There is no management trainee program. Insight provides very little methods to interact with management and does not have a clear management philosophy. The best way to move at Insight is to leave the company for a time and return. You will be more desirable and make more money. Turn over is extremely high. From management down I would assume the average length of employment at insight would be less that 18 months. For a company that has been around for 20 + years you would expect to see more long term employees.

Advice to Management

Just because you hear someone's voice does not mean you are listening. There is value in people and what they learn over time. Please pay attention. Valuing people is a good thing. You talk about "value add", Yours are your staff.

Finance Analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight

Pros

Great work culture. The management is open to ideas and process improvements and give credit where due. Encourage inter company movement.

Cons

High work load. Necessitates putting in a lot of time after work hours.

Advice to Management

Great management. They pay attention to employee satisfaction survey and actually take actions to boost morale.

Reading these reviews make me laugh!

Former Employee - Arch in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Arch in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight

Pros

No Pros, now that I have been gone from Insight for 2 months at a much better paying job with more reasonability to help succeed. I watch other that are leaving have the exact same complaints that I did...low pay, no growth, and middle management that waste space. Laying people off because of their failed management practice.

Cons

I recently talked to a friend who is still there and instead of back filling the people that have left they just keep on piling on to the ones that are hanging around. Not sure why you would do that in an IT industry job market that is exploding. Oh I know why fear of being sued based on your non-compete "what a joke" Do not be scared go get a career and leave the job behind. Service org is disjointed and are think as thieves if you are not from one of the last major acquisition of Ensync then you will not have a chance to move up.

Advice to Management

Ken L you would do your self a favor and get rid of the whole services org and start over...I sitting in meeting with vendors and customers and when Insight is mention around services executive cringe.

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Great group of co workers. Strong and consistent long term vision.

Cons

Workload is moderate to heavy, process/workflows need further definition

Advice to Management

Continue to refine standard operating procedures, enhanced accountability for teammates providing limited value/effort.

RSS Feed </> Embed