InsightSoftware.com Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Paul Yarwood

1. Great culture, great company!

I have been working at InsightSoftware.com

Pros

Great culture, great software, great office. Strong bond between core group of employees, especially long standing employees. CEO is a visionary. Product is fantastic.

Cons

Complacency. Several employees within the ranks appear content with working 30-40 hrs a week. Much lower pay than other tech companies.

Advice to Management

Articulate clear plan for the company, hire appropriate talent, invest heavily in product development and marketing.

Be Like The Flock of Seagulls, and RUN...Run So Far Away!

Former Employee - Product Marketing in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Marketing in Denver, CO

I worked at InsightSoftware.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is being very generous, but SOME of the people there are cool. The benefits are good and the office is beautiful.

Cons

Holy cow, where do I begin? First off, you are either desperate or dumb if you accept a position here. The company is going NOWHERE. No sales are happening, no one is moving up in their positions, and the management is a bunch of misguided English good ol' boys with no real strategy in place. The product, which was once a brilliant ERP add-on, has fallen to an over-priced clunky dated piece of software in which competition has rolled all over them with no hope of recovery. And don't even get me started on the Sales Team. They are nothing but entitled whiny cry babies who actually hold more clout than that of the CEO...they run the show here, which actually scared me to death! I was disgusted at the sales tactics used, as I had more knowledge of selling when I sold lemonade on the curb at 5 years old. No wonder nothing is being sold! Do yourself and your career a favor, run far and run fast from this sinking ship...ping me when you do with a strong "thank you!"

Advice to Management

Shut the whole thing down. You have NO clue what you are doing, and as a result you are ruining people's careers.

Opportunities for those willing to take them.

I have been working at InsightSoftware.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a dynamic company that is willing to try new stuff and to give employees opportunities to shine if you are willing to take the initiative. If you are an A team player then you will find plenty of challenge and ways to contribute. I feel these types of employees are recognized and rewarded.

Cons

As a smaller company, there are challenges with infrastructure and constantly developing business practices. We make a lot up as go which is fine for some and frustrating for others.

Good to be here - Excellent

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at InsightSoftware.com

Pros

Salary Work Environmnet Respect Collegues Product Strategy Marketing Focus Excellent Work environmnet with abalance of work and life. High employee retention

Cons

Young Company developing Marketing Reach Growth strategy

Advice to Management

Suggest Insight gets a dedicated VP Sales with Sr Experience to help each salesperson (Coach)

6. Interesting place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at InsightSoftware.com full-time

Pros

Great, friendly place to work. They invest heavily in SCRUM and AGILE processes and it seems to work well.

Cons

I kept asking for work related to my interests; very disappointed to hear another team ended up doing what I would have loved to have done. Found too much work on databases, something I loathe doing.

Advice to Management

Let your empoyees work on stuff they like doing, do not keep them in the dark as to what is happening elsewhere.

An excellent place to work, but very choosy about who it hires

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at InsightSoftware.com

Pros

A fantastic company culture which encourages and nurtures it's staff. You'll be challenged creatively, and encouraged to raise a voice of dissent if you think that things are not the way they should be.

Cons

Because they are extremely choosy about who they hire, the company does not have as many software developers as they would like. This means that the workload is high (although it's not without recompense). The plus side is that this means that there aren't more people crammed into the office which is already heading towards capacity. Other than that, it's very much a case of the office being above a banking corporation's office, and occasionally getting dirty looks from bankers as many of the staff are dressed casually.

Advice to Management

Keep on looking after your staff, and they'll keep looking after you. Also consider getting a bigger office, and not having one floor on the ground floor, and the other on the 4th.

Very Positive

I have been working at InsightSoftware.com

Pros

Great place to work for the right individual. It is a young company with a bright future. I would highly recommend working here.

Cons

Still a young company therefore we dont have it all figure out quite yet. Must bring patience and hard work ethic to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work however consistent feedback about company performance would be helpful.

RSS Feed </> Embed